Story Update – Sorry
22 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

So, I've unfortunately got some bad news to share. To cut to the short of it, I've been living with my parents, not that I ever moved out in the first place, but they've told me that its time for me to find somewhere else to live.

Because my entire life is being up-heaved right now I'm not going to be able to continue writing. I'd like to come back to this story and finish it as I'm very attached to this world I've created, even if my writing isn't the best. But as it stands there's really not much I can do about that.

I really appreciate everyone that read my story up until this point. Sticking with my writing for over a year, honestly I went way further than I had ever imagined I would. I never really expected to break 100,000 words, much less 400,000. I never got to fully expand the world the way I was planning too, which is a bit upsetting considering how close I was to being able to do that.

The big revelation of Illesea being the big bad wasn't even the only shocker I had in store for people either. I'm debating whether or not just to release all my plans for the story for people who will want to drop the story now that it's probable that I'll never be able to come back to it.

But at the same time I want to hold on to it on the chance that I am able to continue writing again.

I guess we'll see, if I go long enough that I think I won't be able to come back or that I no longer want to, I'll write up a document or two and share it with everyone.

Some of you may remember that after this week I had wanted to bring something up with y'all about my writing going forward, this was not it. I had planned to start toning back my writing for SoD since I had already screwed things up with not being able to write for 2 weeks. My momentum had all disappeared from Patreon, Royal Road, and Scribble Hub. So I was planning on taking the opportunity to start diving into writing my fanfiction more and getting that released.

Obviously that's not going to happen now.

I'm... more than a little upset that this is how this has turned out. It feels like all of my effort into writing this and creating this world is just completely wasted now. I know I had talked about it previously, that it's extremely unlikely that I'd ever truly be able to make a living off of writing, but every person has their hopes for it right?

A lot of people do manage to write while also working full-time jobs. Quite frankly I don't know how they manage to pull that off. Writing can be extremely exhausting, pairing that on top of working 40+ hours a week? It can get pretty rough.

Maybe something will work out for me in the future where I'll feel like I have the opportunity to keep writing even while doing that. I'm gonna be looking at some cheap places nearby. And maybe I won't have to slave my life away working 10+ hour shifts just to be able to afford something. Currently I have no college degree or any real marketable skills, so I'm pretty limited on what I can acquire.

That's really my own fault since I was the one who decided not to finish my associates/bachelors after covid hit 4 years ago. Not much I can do about that now. Maybe I take out a loan and go to finish school? Who knows. Maybe I decide to just say fuck it and join the military.

Both of those options will really limit my ability to write though, so those will be my last resorts I think.

Regardless of what I plan to do in the future, I want to say thank you to everyone who read my series up to this point. It means more to me than some of you will probably ever know.

I don't have a quirky in lore goodbye to give, so I'll give you one from one of my favorite games, that, although it has fallen out of favor in recent times, still holds a place in my heart.

Per Audacia, Ad Astra.

Through Boldness, to the Stars.

-MasterEnvi

0