Chapter 46 – Editing other people’s statuses?
762 4 58
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
I'm back guys. I'll try to post one chapter per day

But now it's time to test the new feature that caught my attention the most. I'm curious about the possibility of editing other people's or monsters' statuses.

I wanted to try it in Kumoko, but I'd better not. Maybe editing someone's skill has a side effect.

'Right, let's get a monster. I should have tested it on one of my familiars...'

I captured a monster with my web and stuck it to the ground. It is a spider. A tiny, not very strong spider.

'Right, right. Let's do this.' I approached and opened the spider's Status with Appraisal.

Small Poison Taratect LV3

HP 64
MP 62
SP 71

Average Offense Ability: 41
Average Defense Ability: 42
Average Magic Ability: 31
Average Resistance Ability: 40
Average Speed Ability: 43

'Let's see... Can I increase its attack like I do with my familiars and myself?

I tried, but...

[ The user didn't permit you to do this. ]

[ You need permission. ]

'Are you kidding? HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO GET PERMISSION FROM A MONSTER?!'

It doesn't make any sense. So you're saying I can only edit the status of monsters that have consciousness, like Kumoko? Or only humans? That's bullshit!

This system sucks.

'Author who is writing this story, please stop putting these stupid limits!' I shouted in my mind. But then I started laughing at this idiotic thought. There's no way anyone is writing all this.

This is just the fault of the idiot God who brought me here. Why haven't you shown up yet? Hm? Are you afraid to show yourself to me?

I want to see your face. 

'You're more powerful than D, aren't you? Why are you afraid to come here and say hello?'

Tsk! Tsk!

'Let's take a deep breath and calm down. Let's keep focusing on leveling up. I'm sure the limits will be removed at some point.'

And when they are removed, I'll probably become the strongest monster in the world.

Right, let's get on with the test.

'Since I need your permission, die.'

I killed the monster and revived it.

####

*Some minutes before*

*POV: Kumoko*

The monster appeared and started gesturing. I stared at it for a few seconds and then approached it.

'If I remember correctly, that giant spider can revive and control monsters. Could it be one of these monsters?'

Hmm...

'Well, it seems to be. Isn't it cool?! It's a necromancer spider! That's amazing!'

The monster kept gesturing to me and then started walking so that I would follow. I followed it, and then I began to feel something strange.'Hm? What? What's that?' It was an order.

WHAT????!!!

Suddenly, I started running, leaving the monster behind.

'Where am I going?! There's something strange going on!'

I was heading back to the same place I had come from. And then, I arrived at the place with several paths. Suddenly. 'AAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!! SPIDERS!!!'

My heart stopped for a few seconds after I saw a giant number of spiders suddenly appear.

They all jumped towards me but passed me by.

And then, I, too, started to follow the group. We were all going to the same place.

'I'm sure it's her! It's my mother!

And then, in the distance, I could see something.

'The giant spider is fighting our mother! So incredible!!!!' I could see the giant black spider just above our mother. The spider was biting her, tearing off pieces of her body.

And then they both disappeared.

The speed of the two spiders was such that I couldn't keep up.

I started running along with the group of spiders again. We were heading towards where my mother was. 

'Damn it, I've got to find a way to get rid of her control. I don't want to do this! '

And then...

The control was cut off.

But when it was cut off, the nightmare began. All around me, all the spiders started attacking each other. Many of them also attacked me, but I managed to kill them quickly.

A war between siblings broke out.

'Get away from me! Die!''

I started killing one spider after another. A few minutes passed, and I could see the giant spider approaching. The giant spider made a few gestures and started using its claws to slash the spiders in my path.

I ran towards the spider. The giant spider picked me up and put me on its back. Before I knew it, we were far away from the group of spiders. I'm feeling sick, though.

'That was too fast!'

Then, the giant spider went back to the group to hunt. It wasn't long before it returned and asked for my help to select the spiders' bodies. And then!!!! An army of spiders is formed.

'It's fantastic. I wish I could get a skill like this too!'

We created a temporary home and ate, and then the giant spider would finally evolve.

It was strange, though.

Unlike me, the giant spider didn't faint. It stayed awake. The changes to its body enchanted me. Its skin was now darker, and its eyes were even redder.

The horns on its head had also grown a little.

But the most significant change was in its claws.

'I hope I don't become your enemy in the future~~'

Well, I'll take a rest for now.

 

Thanks for the patreon: _Gezerus_

I only have 9 extra chapters on patreon at the moment. I'm not having the time and creativity to write several a day. I'll try to get back to posting a few extra chapters there every day.

Link: patreon.com/parodygirl

My discord: discord.gg/FFCkfhAeqn

 

 

58