Chapter 48 – Evil Eye.
921 4 54
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I want to buy the [ Perseverance ] skill, which will allow me to use the [ Evil Eyes ]. In addition, I will also gain the [ Heresy Nullification ] skill when I acquire it.

This skill is necessary now that I have acquired two skills from the seven deadly sins. I want to avoid ending up being dominated by these skills.

'Right. This skill also costs 1,000 points.'

[ Skill "Perseverance" has been acquired ]

[ Condition satisfied. Acquired title "Ruler of Perseverance"]

[ Acquired skills [Heresy Nullification] [ Conviction ] as a result of the title "Ruler of Perseverance" ]

'Yes, that's great. Now I think I should save the remaining points... Or should I buy another skill?' Hm... Buying another skill from the seven deadly sins might be a good idea. I intend to get them all.

If I buy them all, I'll probably become absurdly strong.

'Not that I'm not already strong.'

But I'll save the points for now.

Let's look at the skills I've received.

First, the [ Pride ] skill. I've talked about it before, but I'll talk about it again to refresh your memory.

The description given by the system for the [ Pride ] skill is: Upon acquisition, experience points and proficiency gain will greatly increase, along with improved growth capacity for every ability.

In other words, it's perfect for me. Just like the Greed skill I acquired a little while ago. Now for the [ Perseverance ] skill. It doesn't have much functionality apart from letting me acquire [ Evil Eyes ].

Well, the skill has an interesting effect...

[ As long as MP is maintained, the user will survive with 1 HP regardless of the amount of damage taken. ]

Even if I'm powerful, this skill can help me greatly if something happens. 

And now for the skills given by the titles.

[ Abyss Magic ] is an interesting skill, but I don't care about it. The only skills I'm interested in are [Heresy Nullification] [Conviction] and [ Hades ].

Heresy Nullification is self-explanatory... I don't think I need to explain it. 

The Conviction skill, on the other hand.

[ Against targets that have in-system sins in their souls, deals non-resistable damage in proportion to the total amount of guilt. ]

I'd try to explain it, but I can't. I think it's a good skill.

'And the [ Hades ] skill is interesting, but I've never seen it used.' And for that reason, I feel a bit reluctant to test it. From what I remember, Kumoko couldn't use this skill.

I should be able to manifest Hades, but will it work?

'I'll test it later.'

And for now, I think that's it.

'Hmmm... Wait. Now that I've acquired the [ Perseverance ] skill, shouldn't I spend the points to acquire some Evil Eyes?'

Let's look in the store.

I looked for the eyes and found them; they cost the same as the Ruler's skills. In other words, I'll need to spend 1,000 points for just one eye. But to be honest, it's worth it.

These eyes are good, very good. I want them all.

'The first one I should choose is...'

[ Cursed Evil Eye ]

Yes, I think I'll get this one. Here's what this eye does: Deals curse attribute damage to anything in the user's field of vision.

However, what interests me most is the tier 2 of this eye, but I need to figure out how I will get it. I can't find it in the store. With tier 2, I can even steal attributes from anyone in my vision.

Here we go.

I bought the [ Cursed Evil Eye ]. But how do I know it's working? Only by testing it on a monster. But I'll do that later.

Now that I've evolved and am much stronger, I wonder if I should leave. I can go outside with the teleport, but Kumoko will stay here. If I want to leave with her, we'll have to go through the labyrinth exit together.

I'd like to teleport her with me.

'But going out and hunting some humans would be good. They give a lot of experience. But I don't know if I should cause all this chaos outside.'

If I start hunting humans at random, they'll probably treat me as an enemy of humanity, and I'll be hunted down. Well... But I'm already an enemy of humanity.

I left my house and wrote something on the wall for Kumoko.

[ I'm going outside ]

Kumoko tilted her head, confused.

[ Outside ]

[ Labyrinth ]

When she read this, Kumoko's eyes began to shine. I could tell from her eyes that she wanted to know about the outside of the labyrinth and how to get there. 

But there was no way I could explain it to her.

'Do I have any communication skills in the store?'

I think the time is right to do this. I need to communicate with Kumoko.

I looked around the store for a while but couldn't find any skills to help me. They don't have communication skills here, not even telepathy skills.

But the telepathy skill exists. Let's edit a skill. I have five skill slots now, and 3 of them are new. These three new slots, I can use without waiting for the cooldown.

I will edit the Poison Synthesis skill to [ Fartalk LV10 ].

[ Edit applied ]

[ The skill "Universal Language LV10" has been learned. ]

'Oh? Something new has appeared.'

 

I only have 9 extra chapters on patreon at the moment. I'm not having the time and creativity to write several a day. I'll try to get back to posting a few extra chapters there every day.

Link: patreon.com/parodygirl

My discord: discord.gg/FFCkfhAeqn

 

54