Chapter 59 – I want to be allies.
544 8 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I continued to stare at Ariel as I thought about what to do. Honestly, there's nothing I can do against her. As much as I can now edit my MP and SP, and the limit is higher, I can't defeat her.

And why? Because her Status is much higher than it should be. Changes have happened. God has probably changed that.

'Hiiro, you need to hide right now.' Kumoko was still hiding just below me. I don't know if Ariel can detect her presence, but I at least need to try to hide her.

If she's caught in an attack, she'll die instantly.

'What happened? Is it an enemy? I can't see since you're in front of me.'

'It's someone very dangerous. You should hide. I'll try to deal with her.'

'Is she as strong as you?'

'She's stronger than me. When I say "3", start running, okay?'

Kumoko was very scared.

I increased my defense even more, putting it at 200,000. When I did, I soon realized I had exceeded my limit. My MP began to drop madly.

'1...'

'2...'

'3... Run!

At my shout, Kumoko started to run, and I ran too, but on the opposite side. I looked up and noticed Ariel completely ignored Kumoko, which is good. She's only paying attention to me.

SP 4.622/6.700

My SP had already dropped a lot. I'm losing about 200 SP per second or even more. What's more, my body is heavy. My speed has dropped a lot.

'I have a bad feeling about this.'

I ran between the trees and lowered my defense to 100,000. When I did, my SP stopped dropping 200 per second. But I had already reached my limit. My body is too heavy.

I've exceeded my limits again. Fortunately, I can still stay awake.

Where is she?

I looked around for Ariel, but I couldn't find her, she'd disappeared.

'I'm sure she was chasing me. Has she given up?'

Of course, she didn't give up.

VUOSHH~~

The trees in front of me flew towards me, and the ground cracked. Ariel had just fallen right before me, destroying everything around her. I wasn't hurt, but just the pressure she was emitting made me want to vomit.

That doesn't make sense.

Origin taratect LV251

Ariel

HP 295,451

MP 254,489

SP 271,491

Average Offense Ability: 290,021

Average Defense Ability: 189,997

Average Magic Ability: 287,504

Average Resistance Ability: 287,489

Average Speed Ability: 289,518

Why is she at level 251? And why is her Status so high? Besides, she didn't have that many skills! Or did she? I am trying to remember.

But that's not important here!

The important thing is to get out of this place alive. She can kill me whenever she wants, and I don't think D will help me now. Seriously, what a complicated situation.

Ariel stood still as she stared at me. She is annoyed. I shouldn't even try to use my magic eye on her. I'm sure it won't work. Damn, that's complicated.

Fortunately, I have Heresy's annulment, so she won't be able to do anything with heresy magic.

But her physical and magical abilities...

"Who are you? ... What are you?"

Ariel asked me. She does not recognize my race, so it's strange for her. 

'I'm a spider.' I replied.

She waved her hand and created a shock wave that hit me, showing her strength. I didn't suffer any damage, but it was enough to make me shiver.

I must look pathetic now.

Unlike D, she can kill me... D could kill me using monsters, but it's different now. She can attack me directly and kill me whenever she wants.

"I've never seen anything like you before. How do you manage to edit your defense? And why is your status so high? That's strange."

Ariel started asking a lot of questions.

'How can I put it? I was born inside the labyrinth and received a unique ability. I don't know any more than that.'

"An intelligent monster like you with such an absurd ability was suddenly born? That's surprising."

'But aren't you also an intelligent and strong monster? What's the difference between you and me?

"Haaa~~ Why did you kill the queen?"

'The queen? She attacked me and my friend, so I fought her and won. Wasn't that fair? I didn't do anything wrong.'

"You're right, but it still annoys me."

I sensed her murderous intent and stepped back.

'Hey, wait, wait. You're strong, so I don't want to fight. If I fight, I'll end up dying, and I don't want to die now. I haven't even gotten human form yet.'

"Human form?"

'Well...' Should I tell her I was a human? Will that change anything? I don't think so. 'Wouldn't it be easier to live among humans that way?'

"You want to live among humans? I've never seen a monster want something like that."

'Is it that strange? It's not very nice to live isolated inside a huge labyrinth, you know.'

"..."

'You're going to kill me? I don't think that will be of any benefit to you. What do you think? You help me, and we can work together.'

"And why should I work together with you?"

'The only thing I can say is that I was born recently, but I've already reached this level. Wouldn't it be interesting to have me as an ally? It might help you.'

"..."

Will that work? It's the only way to get rid of her.

If I fight? I'll die.

If I try to trick her, I'm not sure I can.

If I try to run away? I die.

Trying to get her to accept me as an ally will probably work. After all, I'm a spider too.

####

I only have 9 extra chapters on patreon at the moment. I'm not having the time and creativity to write several a day. I'll try to get back to posting a few extra chapters there every day.

Link: patreon.com/parodygirl

My discord: discord.gg/FFCkfhAeqn

41