Chapter 37: Split within a split
202 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Do you think you'd die if the clone is destroyed?' Mira asked her sisters.

 

<<<Let's try it!>>> Mary volunteered.

 

<<Why would we try it?>> Mercy asked, being the voice of reason. <<What would we even do if you did die?>>

 

<<<I dunno. Just because.>>> Mary shrugged.

 

<<<Exactly.>>> Anna agreed with her twin.

 

"Haizzz." Mira summoned her clones. To everyone's disbelief, There were now 3 clones, instead of 2. The new clone seemed to be a badly sewn together doll, with one half being like the other clones, and the other resembling Tianna, with the only thing holding it together to be a line of stitches that was perfectly in the middle of their body.

 

"Why do you have another clone?" Felicia asked. "And why is it... A literal mix of you and Tianna?"

 

"We gained another sister." Mercy bluntly said. "Or rather two sisters."

 

"The white Operative that Loki left you?" Jule asked.

 

"Wait. Loki gave it to me?" Mira said as she looked at Sacrifice with disgust. "Probably tampered with it."

 

Sacrifice

A white revolver forged by a God on Lycoris. Ability unlocked when it is united with its other half.

Condition fulfilled. Ability: Heal others in exchange of taking the damage onto yourself. Pay the ultimate price for the ultimate prize! Gamble your life away!

Soul Bound: Mira+Maria+Mercy+Anna

 

"Can Mary not use Sacrifice?" Mira asked no one in particular.

 

"No. Mary said she feels like she is getting electrocuted everytime she so much as touches Sacrifice. The same thing happens to Anna with Sin too." Mercy answered.

 

"Hey everyone! We're Mariana!" Mariana happily said. "Or when we're split apart..."

 

Suddenly, like a scene from a horror movie, the stitches that held Mariana split apart as the two halves separated from each other. Forming from mana, the other half of Mira formed as Mary came to look like the rest of her sisters. The other half of Anna joined in on the action as her organs were being formed from mana, leaving the others shocked and disgusted at the sight.

 

"... I'm Mary!" Mary said without a hint of pain on her face.

 

"And I'm Anna." Anna said.

 

"What. The. Actual. Fuck." Felicia said, shaken.

 

"She... looks like if you two had a child." Jule pointed towards Anna.

 

"Probably because of that Loki bastard." Mira said with hostility.

 

"Split personality... Within a split personality." Brian mumbled. "Is that even possible?"

 

"Mary. Roulette!" Anna said excitedly, like a child.

 

"You're on!" Mary said with excitement as she drew Sin and loaded a round. Spinning the cylinder, Mary flipped the revolver in an attempt to look cool. She finally placed the revolver at her head.

 

"What the fu-" Everyone but Mira and her sisters jumped in shock at Mary drawing her Operative at herself.

 

*BANG*

 

It was a live round right from the start.

 

<<<I'm a-ok!>>> Mary said. <<<Kinda sucked it was a live right from the start though.>>>

 

<<<Why am I here as well? I'm not the one that lost the game!>>> Anna grumbled.

 

'Maybe because you're technically part of the same clone?' Mira thought logically.

 

"Did Mary die? Why did Anna disappear as well?" Tianna asked her beloved. "What were they even doing?"

 

"They were playing Russian Roulette. They're fine though." Mira said as she blew her flute again, resummoning her clones.

 

"Hi again!" Mariana said.

 

Ignoring the chatter, Mira inspected Sin.

 

Sin

A black revolver from a distant origin. Ability unlocked when it is united with its other half.

Condition Fulfilled. Ability: Power up your bullet at the expense of your inhibitions! Warning: Recoil from the powered up bullet is STILL there. You will become more sinful as you use this ability.

Soul Bound: Mira+Maria+Mercy+Mary

 

"Now please be quiet so I can get what little sleep I can get before being sent off to the Ruined City." Mira said as she closed her eyes in an attempt to sleep.

 

"What's Russian Roulette?" Felicia asked Mercy.

 

'I better not wake up to find everyone dead.' Mira thought before she drifted to sleep.

 


 

"Had a good night sleep?" Maria asked.

 

"Ruined City?" Mira sleepily rubbed her eyes.

 

"Ruined City." Maria confirmed.

 

"Plan A, sisters." Mira commanded, "They know what plan A is, right?"

 

"Yup." Maria said.

 

Don't gamble your life away. Be safe and gamble in moderation, if you do gamble that is.

4