Chapter 36: Roulette with Twins
281 6 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mira, having been unconscious for two days, finally awoke.

 

"MIRA!" Tianna exclaimed with tears.

 

"Urgh, how long was I out for?" Mira said as she stretched her arms. "OW OW OW."

 

<<Don't move too much.>> Mercy said.

 

<The Ruined City was so hard without you!> Maria grumpily said.

 

"Yeah... You were in bad shape, so we had to get you to a hospital and have them stitch you up. You've been out for 2 days now." Felicia said.

 

"What happened to that all-curing elixir I was told about?" Mira asked as she remembered that the common sense she was given included the medicine on Lycoris. "Was that fake as well?"

 

"Yup. There is no such thing as a medicine for all." Jule said, "So Freya really turned on us then?"

 

"Yeah. Tortured and broken by that Loki bastard. The last string of her actual self is probably gonna be erased by Loki soon." Mira said without hiding anything from the girls.

 

"Soooo. What was Freya like?" Brian said as he felt like he was forgotten.

 

Tuning out the background chatter, Mira thought about how she was easily defeated by Doll.

 

'I need to get stronger.' Mira thought, 'I need to polish my swordplay as well.'

 

<<<Soooo. Hi?>>> Another voice in Mira's head interrupted her thoughts.

 

"Another one!" Mira exclaimed in surprise.

 

"Pardon?" Everyone else looked at Mira confusedly.

 

"Nothing." Mira said.

 

'So who are you then?' Mira said.

 

<<I don't understand how you're able to ignore the feeling of something foreign on you. Look at your belt on the hanger.>> Mercy sighed.

 

'Hmm? A white .44 magnum? Along with Sin?' Mira thought before everything clicked. 'So you're the ??? person'

 

<<<Yup. I'm Mary.>>> Mary said.

 

<<<And I'm Anna.>>> A higher pitched voice said.

 

<<For once, they don't look like you. Well one of them don't.>> Mercy said.

 

<<<If we're put into one of your clones, we become Mariana.>>> They both said.

 

'And why not just Mary and Anna?' Mira asked curiously.

 

<<<Because we are put together into one body and merge into one consciousness. Not a great feeling.>>> Mary said.

 

Lying back on her hospital bed, Mira visited her mind space.

 

"Hiya." Anna waved. Anna looked like a combination of Mira and Tianna, with Tianna blue hair and Mira's red and blue eyes. She was a little shorter than her sisters but couldn't exactly be counted as 'short'.

 

"Hey." Mary greeted Mira. Mary, like her most of her sisters, looked identical to Mira. "Back to it?"

 

"Your on." Anna replied as she waited for Mary.

 

Mary summoned Sin and created a bullet.

 

"How did you do that?" Mira asked, surprised by the sudden appearance of Sin and a bullet.

 

"It's our mindspace. So of course we can summon things here." Mary said like it was a well known fact, despite Maria and Mercy's faces.

 

"So I could have been shooting targets this entire time to hone my aim." Mercy muttered in disbelief.

 

"Back to it. One bullet?" Mary asked Anna.

 

"Your on." Anna said as Mary loaded Sin and spun the cylinder.

(A/N DO NOT attempt to play Russian Roulette. It will 99% of the time end up with someone dying. The last 1% being if someone intervenes before that happens. SO DON'T TRY IT.)

 

Mary pointed the barrel at Anna and fired.

 

*CLICK*

 

Blank.

 

Mary pointed Sin at herself and fired.

 

*CLICK*

 

Another Blank.

 

"Why are you doing this?" Mira asked, genuinely worried for her new sisters.

 

"Because we're addicted to adrenaline, life or death situations, and pretty much anything that you can be addicted to." Mary and Anna answered simultaneously.

 

"They're like twins. They share the same interests and likes." Maria cut in, "Even in the Ruined City, they were playing Roulette. Got us killed 50 fucking times."

 

*CLICK*

*BANG*

 

A live this time.

 

Mary's head was blown off as her body tumbled.

 

"Haaaaah." Maria and Mercy facepalmed.

 

"Is she dead?" Mira asked.

 

"Nope. All fine!" Mary said as her head and body miraculously healed. "What's the score now?"

 

"3:1 to me." Anna answered.

 

"HOW THE FUCK HAVE YOU WON 3 TIMES." Mary angrily snarled.

 

"Blame your poor luck." Anna said before heading to her section of the mind space.

 

Fed up with her new sisters, Mira left her mind space and rested in real life to recover from her injuries.

 

I know I changed my release schedule not too long ago, but I haven't quite been meeting it. Instead, I'm just gonna say that new chapters will probably be up everyday, but the time is not certain. Also, thank you @Darkakuahebi for the ideas.

P.S. Length of chapters will not always be 1000+ words. So don't be disappointed if you get shorter chapters like this one.

Note: No new chapters on the  9th, 10th or 11th Feb. It's Chinese New Year so I won't be writing.

5