Chapter 38: Loki Reappears
176 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What a night." Mira said as she stretched her arms. "How many deaths?"

 

<10.> Maria said.

 

*CREAK*

 

A doctor walked into the room.

 

"We can leave the hospital now, right?" Mira asked her doctor.

 

"Yes. You may leave now." The doctor said after looking at a hologram projected by the watch on his wrist.

 

"Great." Mira said as she got off her hospital cot.

 

"Word of advice Mira." The doctor said. "I'm following you~"

 

The doctor's voice slowly warped from the previously deep and soothing tone to Loki's. Spinning her head around, Mira saw the doctor fade into dust.

 

"Why is he everywhere." Mira muttered. "Let's go now."

 

Mira changed from her hospital gowns to her shirt and cargo pants before heading to the guild.

 

"Guess I'll do some requests then." Mira muttered to herself as she walked to the terminal.

 

Accepting a request to exterminate a nest of Rock Ants, Mira set off.

 


 

"WHERE IS EVERYONE!" Mira exclaimed.

 

<Ah right.> Maria suddenly blurted out as she remembered something.

 

"What." Mira asked.

 

<I may or may not have put everyone into the [Dimensional Dwelling] and forgot about them.> Maria admitted.

 

'What happened to the superhuman memory?' Mira asked Maria.

 

<<Me and Maria don't have it. Mary and Anna do, though they were too busy playing Russian Roulette again.>> Mercy answered before Mira heard a gunshot.

 

<Don't worry, it was Mary and Anna shooting, not someone else.> Maria said.

 

Opening the door to the [Dimensional Dwelling], a furious Felicia walked out. Behind her, Jule, Tianna and Brian followed, looking more calm.

 

"WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG!" Felicia 'calmly' asked Mira.

 

"Maria forgot about you." In an act to escape the situation, Mira threw Maria under the bus.

 

"Having fun?" Loki said from behind Mira.

 

"Why are you here again." Mira muttered.

 

"How did you like my gift?" Loki asked.

 

"Just answer the damn question." Mira said, fully aware that Loki heard what she muttered.

 

"You see, I wanted to show you the progress I made in erasing Emily, or Freya." Loki said as he pullet out a chart.

 

"The fuck?" Mira said as she witnessed a pie chart being pulled out of thin air.

 

"Look at the chart, not where it came from!" Loki grumbled, seeing Mira looking at where he grabbed the chart from. "As you can see, the red represents the power Doll has over their consciousness and the blue is Emily's power over their consciousness."

 

"Why can't the others see this?" Mira asked, seeing her friends trapped in stasis.

 

"STOP WITH THE STUPID QUESTIONS. THIS IS CONFIDENTIAL BECAUSE IT CONTAINS SECRETS ONLY GOD'S CAN KNOW!" Loki shouted.

 

"Then why can I see this information?" Mira asked.

 

"Because..." Loki incoherently mutters something about Mira.

 

"What?" Mira asked.

 

"Nevermind. Back to the chart." Loki said. "You see, at the start, Emily had control over 99% of her consciousness, as seen by the overwhelming blue, and Doll had 1%. Once we met you again, Emily had con- Damn. So you really tried to shoot me. Good thing I set up stasis."

 

"Urgh, what is this?" Mira questioned as she struggled to move.

 

"Time strands. Anyway, back to the chart. As I was saying, when we encountered you again, Emily had 15% control and Doll had an overwhelming 85%. Now though, Emily only has a meager 0.1% and Doll has an overwhelming 99.9%. Why did I not completely erase her you ask? So you won't lose hope obviously! So you won't be broken so easily! You'd be surprised at how tenacious mortals are when they have something to work for. Something to cling onto." Loki said. "And that's all! Bye!"

 

Loki slowly decomposed into dust, fading away. Most of the strands that were latched onto Mira slowly dissipated, with some limply falling onto the ground after unravelling off of Mira's limbs.

 

"He could kill me at any point..." Mira gasped at the realization of how powerless she really was.

 

"What happened?" Tianna asked.

 

"Hmmm?" Mira asked.

 

"Something feels different. Also, why is there a chart there?" Jule said.

 

"You see..." Mira took the time to explain what happened.

 

'Why am I hearing so many god damn dings in my head!' Mira frustratedly asked her sisters, thinking they're causing it.

 

<<We're not causing it.>> Mercy replied.

 

<<<Check your status.>>> Anna said. <<<Just a hunch.>>>

6