Chapter 46: Holk
89 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Shit. WAKE THE FUCK UP!" Mariana shouted as she tried to wake up Mira and her party. Seeing that they didn't wake up, Mariana created some cold water and splashed it onto them.

 

"Urghh." Mira said as she jolted awake, "Wait, where's Eclipse?"

 

Looking around, Mira saw that everyone had woken up and were relatively uninjured, with her being the most injured person.

 

"Over there." Mariana said as she pointed to Eclipse's corpse sitting on the throne of skulls. "Wait. Shit. First things first, we're in deep shit if we don't stop the train before it reaches any cities."

 

"Why?" Jule asked, "Who's Eclipse anyways?"

 

"The guy who knocked you all out." Mariana said, "That guy created a ritual to summon a 'Lunar God' from another dimension. I don't know whether it will actually work, but I sure as hell don't wanna find out and have to kill a buffed up god."

 

"Why would he get buffed up?" Felicia asked.

 

"Because he can create zombies from corpses. The more zombies he has, the more his stats increase." Mariana said with urgency. "There's already a ton of corpses on this train. If he manages to make it to a city and massacre a bunch of people, we'd be in even deeper shit that we already are."

 

"Fuck. Mariana, make your way to the engine. We'll try and get everyone to evacuate to the end of the train in case anything goes wrong." Mira commanded. "If you see any more survivors, bring them along to the engine. Try to incapacitate any remaining Lunar Matches instead of killing them. We don't know how big the area the god can affect is. Hurry!"

 

{WARNING! WARNING! WORLD THREATENING THREAT IS ARRIVING! SUMMONING NEARBY GOD. REVIVING DECEASED FOR EXTRA MANPOWER. HEALING THE WOUNDED.}

 

'System?'

 

"What? World threatening?" Jule said in shock as she heard the announcement.

 

"You heard that too?" Mira asked.

 

"Yes. Pretty sure everyone did." Tianna said.

 

"Fuck. I'm not here to play around this time. Since the system has sent me here, it means that whatever's coming is dangerous. Extremely dangerous." Loki said as he flickered into view from behind Brian. "Wait, is that Eclipse? FUCK. We're fucked."

 

"What do you mean?" Mira furrowed her brows.

 

"If Eclipse is here, it means he was summoning Holk. Holk is a Lunar god from another dimension and has command over the dead. How many corpses are on this train?" Loki quickly explained.

 

"A lot." Mira said.

 

"Hopefully, the system manages to revive them." Loki prayed.

 

{ERROR. COULD NOT REVIVE THE DECEASED. SUMMONING GOD LOKI'S STRONGEST FOLLOWER AS COMPENSATION.}

 

"Well shit. Good luck surviving this one girls and boys. We're gonna need it." Loki cursed as he summoned a pair of daggers. "Doll?"

 

"Yes, your graciousness?" Doll responded as she was being materialized beside Loki.

 

"Use the World-Ending Contingency equipment." Loki commanded.

 

"I am currently unable to access the Heavenly Armory." Doll said.

 

"Shit. This just keeps on getting worse and worse." Loki cursed, "What do you have on you right now?"

 

"My normal equipment." Doll said.

 

"You mean Durandal and the Swiss 99?" Loki asked.

 

"Yes." Doll said as they finally materialized beside her. Grasping onto them, Doll clipped a golden sword with white highlights onto the brown  belt around her waist and the grey Swiss 99 on her back, which looked like an M4A1 from Earth.

 

Turning to Laverna's Sacrifice, Loki said, "Look. I'm going to give you all the skill [Marionette]. This is not a trick. If this is the same Holk I know of, there is gonna be an AOE debuff area around him. This is where [Marionette] comes in."

 

*DING*

 

Name: Mira

Age: 17

Titles: Reincarnator, Prodigy, Sword Saint, Master Marksman, The One Loved By Mana, Feared by the Past Lives, Ex-Deity, Feeling Lucky?, Laverna's Incarnation

Inherited Abilities:

Teleportation

Dimensional Dwelling

Laverna's Soul Eyes

Laverna's Successor

Inhuman Memory

Memories of Past Incarnations

Time Strand Manipulation

Marionette*

Learnt Skills:

Mana Manipulation

Mana Strengthening

Red Velvet Swordsmanship

Nine Hells Swordsmanship

Serene Mind

Ammo Creation

Hawk's Eye

Karate

Zephyr's Barricade

 

Marionette

Control your body like a puppet. Using this skill will make you unable to feel pain.

 

{TELEPORTING ALL NEARBY DEFENDERS. STOPPING MOVEMENT OF TRAIN TO MINIMIZE IMPACT, DAMAGE AND RISK OF SITUATION. GOOD LUCK ALL.}

 

The train came to a stop as Mira watched survivors appear in their carriage.

 

"Shit. The lunatics are here." Mira cursed as she saw Lunar Match cultists being teleported. "OI SYSTEM. They're not fucking defenders! They're on the attacker's side!"

 

{ERROR. THEY ARE RESIDENTS OF WORLD LYCORIS. THEY ARE DEFENDERS.}

 

"Shit." Mira cursed as she got ready to fight the Lunar Matches.

 

*TZZZZZZ*

 

The floor below the throne of skulls glowed as a neon green magic circle appeared.

 

*GROAN*

 

Hearing numerous groans, Mira used [Laverna's Successor] to summon Maria and the others as a precaution.

 

"HAHAHA. Long time no see, Loki." An eerily raspy voice called out as Eclipse's body was thrown off the throne of skulls. Replacing Eclipse's place was a figure that had a mask with a long beak and a long hooded cloak that occasionally emitted a shadowy mist. In his hand was a lantern that glowed an ominous green colour and a long black cane. Surrounding the throne of skulls were an encirclement of rotting, reanimated corpses.

 

'So essentially a plague doctor with zombies.' Mira thought.

 

"How have you been Holk? Ready to die yet?" Loki tried to taunt Holk.

 

"I'm afraid not. But only you here? Did you forget that it took all 56 of you deities to seal me away. SEAL! You could even kill me!" Holk shrugged off the taunt before bursting out into laughter as he descended the throne of skulls and walked towards Loki, with each of his steps making an echoing CLACK sound due to his boots. "Remember this, old pal? [Apocalyptic Domain]!"

 

"Shit." Loki said.

 

"What?" Mira quietly asked Loki.

 

"It's a skill that brings you into a ruined city that is filled with zombies." Loki quickly explained as he watched the scenery around them change into an abandoned warehouse.

 

"Wait. Why is the Ruined City here?" Mira and her other selves questioned aloud as they recognised the area they were in.

 

"You've been here?" Tianna asked quietly.

 

"You know how I keep on waking up in the middle of the night?" Mira asked. Seeing Tianna nod, she continued, "This is where I've been. Since I've experienced this place before, I'll lead."

 

Seeing Holk disappear, Mira quickly calmed all the survivors down.

 

"How many of you brought weapons?" Mira asked. "Raise your hands if you did."

 

Counting 10 of the 70 or so survivors had brought weapons, Mira quickly tried to formulate a plan.

 

'My past selves better not be here.' Mira worryingly thought.

2