5. Life on a New Island: Part 2
13 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

During the early hours of the evening, two days after Granny Blue had her talk with Hamilton

Near the docks of the tropical island where the former World Noble and his daughter currently resided in, two people could be seen conversing with each other as they stood in front of the ship’s mast.

“Are you sure that our target will be on this island?” one of the men standing in front of the ship’s mast, a bald man who was wearing a black suit and a pair of shades that covered his eyes asked his colleague all while giving him a doubtful look on his face.

“Of course I’m sure that our targets are currently hiding out on this island! Do you think so little of me?” a purple-haired man of average height, who was standing next to the bald man in shades,  shouted out in outrage as he intently stared at his colleague for asking him such a question.

“Why yes I’m going to doubt your intelligence gathering skills. After all, I remember how lackluster your information gathering skills were the last time we did a mission together.” the bald man responded to the claims of the agent standing next to him.

“Come on! You’re talking about a mission that happened years ago! And  I was a rookie back then! I’ll have you know that I’ve become a more capable agent since that day! We haven’t worked together since that day after all.” the purple-haired man stated to his fellow agent as their ship was about to dock at the port of the island.

“Know that I’m only here because I have to be here. Until you’re able to prove yourself to me, I won’t acknowledge you as a competent agent of Cipher Pol.” the bald man said before moving away from the mast of the ship.

‘Stupid dome head. I’ll show him that I’m a better agent than he’ll ever be.’ the purple-haired Cipher Pol agent thought to himself as he also moved away from the mast of the vessel.

But as the two agents began to exit the vessel that they had arrived on, a certain figure could be seen observing their movements from one of the buildings located near the port of the island.

‘It looks like our guest has attracted some trouble with them.’ the figure on the roof thought to himself before jumping away from the roof that he had been standing on and making his way towards the northern side of the tropical island.

Meanwhile, somewhere out in the poorer areas of the tropical island

Out in the southern parts of the tropical island, an elderly woman carrying a walking stick could be seen walking around the poorer areas of the island that she called home. She was wearing a blue summer dress along with a pair of green sandals and had tied her hair in a bun.

Walking next to her was a middle-aged man with short blonde hair with an outfit consisting of a pair of sunglasses, a brown t-shirt and a pair of khaki trousers. He was carrying a large sack that rested on his left shoulder.

“I’m surprised by the fact that you’re going into this part of the island all by yourself old lady. But I can’t stop myself from worrying about you doing all of this by yourself.” the blonde man walking next to her said as he gave the elderly woman beside him a concerned look.

“You don’t need to worry yourself about little old me,sonny. I’m perfectly capable of taking care of myself.” the elderly woman reassured her companion as they continued to walk towards a shabby house.

“But…”

“I’m telling you that you don’t need to worry about me so much.”

 But before the blonde man could raise his concerns once more, the old lady had decided to stop him from voicing his concerns again.

“Alright then. Let’s just finish our business here.” the blonde man in shades said as he and the elderly woman he was accompanying today continued their walk towards their destination.

A few more minutes after the two adults silently walked towards their destination, they had arrived at their destination.

And right in front of them stood a decrepit old shack with walls that had no color, a doorway that held a door that was barely staying in place, a few broken windows and a rooftop that was missing a few tiles.

But before the two visiting adults even took a step towards the aging shack in front of them, an elderly man with a large diagonal scar on the left side of his face came from within the house that they had intended to enter. He was holding a walking stick that took on the shape of a

“Well, well, well…if it isn’t little Ms. Sorbet. I guess I should say the former Ms. Sorbet. What brings you all the way out here in the dumps this fine morning? And who’s the youngster standing next to you?” the elderly man asked the elderly lady in front of him as he suspiciously eyed the two people that stood in front of him.

“You know why I’m come to your dingy house old man. And this young man is a former apprentice of mine who happened to come and pay me a visit.” the elderly woman responded to the question that the older man had asked her.

“My name’s Hamilton. Nice to meet you sir.” the former World Dragon introduced himself to the elderly man standing in front of him as he bowed his head in respect.

The elderly man ignored Hamilton as he gave his full attention to the elderly woman that was standing next to him.

“Who’s the young man standing next to you Blue brat?” the elderly man asked the old lady standing next to the middle-aged man.

Hamilton of course, became annoyed by the way that the old man had ignored him.

“Well, he’s a former prodigy of mine. He happened to come and visit me this week so I asked him to tag along with me for now.” the elderly woman answered the question of the elderly man standing in front of her.

“Hmm. Alright then, have you brought me the goods?” the scarred man asked the old lady wearing the blue summer dress.

“Of course I did! You think I’d forget such an important item?” Granny Blue told the man with a straight face.

“You can’t blame me for trying to make sure that I get my supplies for the week you cheeky brat!” the elderly man shouted out to her.

“Oh really? And you think that you’d do a better job at this than me?” Granny Blue questioned the scarred man.

“Why of course-”

“Excuse me-”

““Don’t interrupt me you damn brat!”” the two old citizens simultaneously shouted out before the middle-aged man could finish his sentence while they turned towards him.

“Why shouldn’t I you old goats?” the former retorted back to the two elderly people that were arguing just moments ago.

“Listen here you little-”

Thud!

But before the scarred man could reprimand the former World Noble for interrupting his argument, a figure landed behind where Hamilton and Granny Blue were standing.

"What brings you here Leopold?” Granny Blue asked the figure that had landed behind her.

“Ma’am, I bring you bad news that concerns our guests of honor. May I speak with Mr. Hamilton for a moment?” the cloaked leopard mink requested of his boss.

‘Did those thugs from the last island manage to find out where I was headed to?’ Hamilton thought to himself the moment he heard the words of the leopard mink.

“Yes you may.” the elderly restaurant owner allowed her chef take Hamilton with him for the moment.

“But what about-”

“I told you I could handle myself earlier didn’t I? So you should just follow dear Leopold here and make sure that you deal with the problem that concerns you alright?” the old lady reassured Hamilton.

“Yes, Granny Blue.” the single father said as he dropped the large sack that he had been carrying before he began to make his way towards Leopold, who had been silently observing the exchange that his boss and her guest were having.

The leopard mink simply made a gesture to the blonde man that he should follow him for the moment, before vanishing from the spot that he had been standing on just moments ago.

The blonde man simply nodded before he also proceeded to vanish from the spot that he was standing on in a blur.

Once the former World Noble and the chef of the ‘Granny Blue’s’ disappeared, the older people that had stood there simply moved into the house where the elderly man lived in.

‘So the youngster really was the brat’s  prodigy huh? I thought she was bluffing when she said that.’ the man with the vertical scar thought to himself as he made his way towards the door of his house before closing it.

A few minutes after the Cipher Pol agents had docked the island, with Hamilton and Leopold

Out in the northern areas of the tropical island, Hamilton and Leopold were jumping from one roof to the other in a quick blur as they were moving towards the port of the island.

“So you’re telling me that members of Cipher Pol are the ones that are truly hunting us down?” Hamilton asked the leopard mink, moments after he heard what Leopold had told him.

“Yes Mr. Hamilton. Although I couldn’t identify from which branch of Cipher Pol they came from, I would assume that they are a part of the stronger division of the organization based on what I could observe on the way that they carried themselves.” Leopold replied to the former World Noble.

“Damn it! This is going to make things difficult for us.” the man in shades grumbled to himself as he thought of having to face off against agents that worked for Cipher Pol.

“Yes Mr. Hamilton. But I will do everything within my power to help you out, you have my word on that.” Leopold told the single father with a solemn expression on his face.

“Why thank you young man. It’s reassuring to hear that I’ll be having your help on this matter.” Hamilton gratefully responded to the words of thanks towards the younger leopard mink.

“Nyahahaha! Think nothing of it. I can see that you are someone that my boss deeply cares for, so I do not mind helping you out in such a scenario.” Leopold jovially told the guest of his boss.

A few seconds later, the two men had finally reached their destination.

“Well, I guess it’s time to surprise our intruders now right Leopold?” Hamilton asked the head chef of the ‘Granny Blue’s’ as he took out a face mask from one of his pockets before he covered his face with it.

“Yes indeed, Mr. Hamilton. I look forward to working with you in this battle that we are about to enter.” Leopold said with the excitement in his voice clear in his voice.

‘I just hope that they haven’t found my little angel.’ Hamilton thought to himself as he and his companion began to make their way towards the World Government vessel.

1