4. Life on a New Island: Part 1
23 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Back at a certain island where the father-daughter duo used to live, the morning of the following day

Inside the dark room of one of the buildings located at the shady part of town, two mysterious figures were having a conversation with each other about the events that had unfolded the day before.

“I can’t believe that the idiot of a man and his daughter managed to escape the mob that had gathered for their heads! I thought this was supposed to be an easy mission!” a raspy, male voice shouted out, enraged by the fact that the plan he had laid out for the man had not worked out the way he thought it would.

The man with the raspy voice was an average sized  young man with a lanky build, shoulder-length purple hair that was combed back wearing a black suit with a black tie.

“I told you we should have simply assassinated the targets ourselves, then we wouldn’t have to look for them right now.” the other person in the room said as he looked at his fellow assassin with an annoyed expression on his face.

He was a young man of average height with a shaved head, along with a small, vertical scar that was located above his left eyebrow and he was also currently wearing a black suit.

 “There’s no point complaining about that now. We’ll just have to locate the targets and go with your plan this time.” the man with the combed back purple hair told his colleague.

“But what should we do about your other accomplice?” the bald man asked his purple-haired partner.

“Oh, you mean the local resident of this island? You don’t need to worry about him any more. I took care of that idiot last night after confirming that the targets had escaped.” the purple-haired man said while grinning like a mad man.

“Good. Let’s get out of this town and begin our search for the targets.” the bald man said before quickly leaving the dark room they had been occupying.

Somewhere on the certain tropical island, two days after Hamilton and Valerie made their escape

Sometime during the morning, within the parts of the island where the residents were able to make a decent living, there was a restaurant that had a lot of customers.

And within said restaurant, a young girl with shoulder-length dark green hair while wearing an adorable blue dress was hesitantly looking at the dish filled with vegetables that was served right in front of her.

In front of her was a bowl of rice that was mixed in with some vegetables that were cut into tiny pieces.

“Daddy, do I have to eat it all?” the green haired girl said as she momentarily took her eyes of the meal that was in front of her.

“Yes, Valerie. I’ve noticed that you never eat your vegetables back when we were at the previous island, and I can not allow that.” Hamilton told his daughter with a serious expression on his face.

“But Daddy-” the young girl said as she began to complain about the fact that they had to eat the bowl of rice in front of her.

“Don’t think I’m going to let you have your way this time, young lady. Eating food with vegetables is good for your health. ” the blonde father sternly told his daughter while looking at her while raising an eyebrow her way.

“And besides, you don’t know if you will like it or not unless you try it out.” Hamilton suggested to his daughter.

In response to what her father’s demand, Valerie deepened her pout.

Her father simply continued to look at her with a serious expression, not at all phased by the angry pout that his daughter was giving him.

“Okay Daddy…” Valerie finally relented to her father’s demand before she picked up the spoon that was served alongside the meal, took a spoonful of the rice and vegetables and bit into the pieces of rice that were on the spoon.

And once she put the spoon in her mouth, she fell in love with the taste immediately. Not long after taking her first bite, she began to devour the rest of her meal with gusto.

While the green-haired girl was heartily eating her meal, a kind, elderly woman of short stature began to approach the table where they were sitting in.

She had long, silver hair that was held in a neat bun, and she was currently wearing a blue dress, blue short heels and a white apron that had the words ‘Granny Blue’s’ written on it with blue colours.

“I see that the little one is enjoying the rice bowls we’ve served her.” the  elderly woman spoke to the blonde father with a motherly voice, as she watched the young girl devour her meal.

“Oh yes, Granny Blue. Your rice dishes are the best in the world after all. I knew that your cooking would get her to eat her vegetables.” Hamilton agreed with the elderly woman who was currently standing near the table that he and his daughter were sitting on.

“Wow Daddy! This meal was super yummy!” Valerie shouted out to her father, having failed to notice the elderly woman standing at their table.

“Ahahahaha! Well I’m glad that you liked it dearie.” the elderly woman said to the little girl with a smile on her face.

“Aah!!” Valerie shouted out in shock once she finally noticed the elderly lady was standing close by, before she jumped from her seat and fell on her back.

“Valerie!” her father shouted out the moment that she fell on her back before quickly making his way towards his daughter, worried that she might get hurt badly as a result.

To Hamilton’s relief, Valerie had not hurt herself during her fall.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to be rude.” the green-haired girl apologized to her father and the elderly woman.

“Now, now. There’s no need to be scared of me little one.” Granny Blue reassured the little girl while the young girl got up from the floor with her father’s help.

“That’s right Valerie, you don’t need to be scared of her.” her father assured her once he made sure that she was not seriously injured from her fall.

“Ok Daddy.” Valerie said while covering her blushing face, seeing as she was embarrassed by the fact that she had fallen on her back mere moments ago.

“That’s good. Now, what might your name be little one?” Granny Blue asked Valerie with a sweet if somewhat raspy voice.

“Um, I-I’m Valerie, ma’am.” the young girl introduced herself to the elderly owner of the restaurant.

“Well you can call me Granny Blue, Valerie dear.” the elderly woman told the young girl while she patted her head.

“Granny Blue, I believe that-”

“Valerie dear, would you and your father like to eat some desserts?” Granny Blue asked the little girl, interrupting Hamilton mid-sentence.

“Daddy, Daddy! Can we eat some dessert? Please?!” the little girl with the green hair excitedly begged her father, wishing to eat whatever sweet treat that the elderly woman wished to provide for her.

But before he could politely refuse the elderly woman’s offer, Granny Blue simply raised her brow as she gave him a stern look, making it clear to him that she wished to speak with him personally before he left and that there would be no escaping this scenario.

‘Damn it, she’s doing this on purpose. I get the feeling that she wants to speak with me right now, but why does she have to keep hiding it like that?’ Hamilton thought to himself while feeling slightly annoyed by the fact that the elderly owner of the restaurant had intentionally cut him off before he could ask to make his leave with his daughter.

“Alright. We can eat one dessert.” the single father said after hesitating for a moment, deciding that it would be better to speak with the elderly lady, unless he wanted to earn her wrath.

“Yay!” Valerie loudly cheered as she began to sing about the desserts that she was about to eat.

“Good, good. Now come along you two, I bet you’ll love the tasty treats that we have to offer you so let’s get to it!” Granny Blue said as she began to lead the father-daughter duo to the back of the restaurant where her kitchen was located.

Once the three of them entered the door that led to the kitchen of the restaurant, the few customers that were present within the restaurant began to talk to each other about the new customer that the old lady had been talking to this

The kitchen, minutes after Granny Blue offered desserts to the father-daughter duo

In the kitchen room of the restaurant, four people could be seen having conversations with each other about different topics.

At the center of the kitchen was the area where the chef worked his magic with the meals that would be served to the customers of their establishment, and Valerie was eating a popsicle that was offered to her by the chef.

And to the left of the kitchen room where the dishes that were to be washed, Granny Blue was listening to Hamilton recount the recent events that he and his daughter had experienced in the last six days or so.

“Thank you so much Mister Cat! This is the best dessert that I’ve ever had in my entire life!” Valerie declared as she licked the popsicle that was currently in her hand.

“Nyahahaha! Why you’re welcome little one! I’m glad that you’re enjoying it!” a young humanoid cat about as tall as the average human heartily responded to her gratitude.

He had a muscular figure that was mostly covered by a light shade of yellow fur that had a few brown spots spread throughout the fur wearing a chef’s hat, white body suit, gloves, black boots that reached all the way to his ankles and a white apron with the words ‘Granny Blue’s’ written on it in blue colours.

And while Valerie and the chef of the restaurant were talking to each other, Hamilton had just finished retelling the events that he and his daughter had experienced recently.

"Just to make sure I heard you correctly, you and your daughter have been living out in the southern side of the island for nearly two days, where crime is so prevalent that nobody but the hoodlums of this island reside there?” Granny Blue asked the single father while looking at him with a disappointed look on her face.

“Yes.” Hamilton answered her question without being bothered by the look that she was giving him.

[POW!]

“ARE YOU AN IDIOT?!” the elderly woman shouted out as she hit the top of Hamilton’s head with her fist.

“OUCH! THAT HURT!” Hamilton yelled at the owner of the restaurant while holding the part of his head that had been hit with both of his hands.

“Humph. Serves you right for doing something so reckless.” Granny Blue continued to scold the blonde man, reigning in her anger for a moment.

The outburst of the two of course did not stop with the other occupants of the room from turning their attention towards them.

“Granny Blue is scary.” Valerie meekly told the cat mink that she was talking to as her body began to nervously shake from where she stood.

“Yep, you don’t want to make her angry no matter what.” the leopard mink agreed with the young girl before he diverted the young girl’s attention from the conversation that his boss was having with the girl’s father.

"Regardless, I’m glad that I got to finally meet you after all these years.” the elderly owner of the restaurant told the middle-aged blonde father while she gave him a warm smile on her face.

“Yeah, that’s how I also feel Granny Blue.” Hamilton told the elderly woman as he also gave her a warm smile.

“Good. You and your daughter are welcome to stay at my place any time you want.” the owner of the restaurant offered to the middle-aged father.

“Thank you for the offer, but I’m going to have to-”

“Young man, don’t you go and try to reject my generous offer! My house is one of the safest places to be in on this island. Because for as long as I know that you and your daughter are in danger, I will not just stand by and let you and your daughter live out your life out in the poorer areas of the island while I can still offer you two some much needed help. Am I clear young man?” the old lady strongly insisted that Hamilton stay at her place of residence as she looked straight into his eyes while telling him to stay at her place.

“Very well, Granny Blue. We will be in your care from now on.” Hamilton relented to the elderly woman’s decision, believing that it would be pointless for him to try and argue against her at the moment.

“Excellent! But even if I am offering you a place to stay, I expect you to-”

“ ‘-carry your own weight during your stay at my house. You can do this by either give me some of the money that you earn or you can help around the house.’ I know what is expected of me Granny Blue, I’ve lived with you for a while after all.” the blonde man repeated what the elderly woman was going to say to him, reassuring her that he knew what was expected of him.

[BAM!]

“DON’T INTERRUPT ME YOU INSOLENT CHILD!” Granny Blue yelled at Hamilton, landing a hit at the same spot that she had previously hit him at.

“HUUUH?! YOU’VE INTERRUPTED ME TWICE ALREADY YOU CRAZY OLD WOMAN! AND STOP CALLING ME A CHILD!!” the single father shouted back in response to what the elderly woman had said to him.

And as the two began to argue with each other once more, Valerie and the leopard mink chef were once again left to look at the two adults in front of them with a drop of sweat rolling down the side of their faces.

2