3. Prelude to Life on a New Island
36 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Inside a certain marine base, an hour after the two mysterious men had their talk

A few of the top officers who were in charge of the island had gathered in the meeting room of the marine base of the island, and they were currently talking about the newest residence of their home island.

“I still find it hard to believe that a former World Noble would actually come to this island and decide to live among the people of this town.” a high-ranking, silver-haired senior marine officer with a vertical scar that was visible on the right side of his face stated in slight disbelief at the news that he had been told during his visit at Marineford weeks ago, which he shared with his fellow high-ranking marine officers stationed on the island who were currently gathered in the meeting room.

“So have we received any orders related to the new residents of our beloved home?” another high-ranking marine who was covering the lower half of his face with a black face mask said to the man with the vertical scar.

“We were told to ignore the man, even if he were to come under attack from the civilians if they were to find out his true identity.” the man with the vertical scar said to the order that he received from headquarters.

“Well, I’m glad that we don’t have to save the idiot of a former World Noble from the path he has chosen for both himself and his daughter.” a high-ranking marine with orange hair that was styled in a buzz cut and a pair of brown shades said with disdain clear in his voice as he spoke.

“Aw, come on. Don’t you at least feel some level of pity for the man’s daughter?” a fourth high-ranking marine with wavy, shoulder-length brown hair that covered the left side of his face asked the marine with a buzz cut hairstyle.

“Hmph. Why would I feel any sympathy for those monsters regardless of their age?” the marine with the buzz cut bluntly responded to the marine with the wavy hair.

“Huh? Did you even consider the possibility that we could change the outlook of the little one you idiot?” the brown-haired marine retorted back as he glared at the marine with a buzz cut, with the man being glared at giving the wavy-haired marine his own glare.

“That’s enough you two! Don’t even think about fighting each other or you’ll regret it!”

But before the two marines could confront each other, the high-ranking marine with the vertical scar shouted out his orders to the two men as he stood from his seat and gave the two marines a stern look.

The moment the two marines saw the old man’s gaze, they simply glared at each other before looking away from each other and sitting in silence.

“Good, that’s more like it. Now I’d like to discuss the measures that we-”

[BAM!]

“Captain Quinn! Captain Quinn! We’ve got bad news!”

But before the marine captain could begin to discuss the matter that he wished to discuss with his fellow high-ranking marines, he was interrupted by the words that the lower-ranking marine officer that had barged into the meeting hall they were currently occupying.

“Can’t you see that we are in the middle of a meeting soldier?” the older marine stated with the annoyance clear in his voice.

“I’m very sorry for my sudden intrusion Captain Quinn, but I only barged into the room because it was an emergency! All the prisoners that were being held in our prison quarters have escaped and they’re trying to leave our base as we speak!” the lower-ranking marine stated to his superior.

“What?! How can this be? Never mind. Men, we’ll have to end our meeting here for today and apprehend every single one of those blasted criminals right now!” the high-ranking marine with the vertical scar declared as he stood up and began to head out of the office, with the three other officers standing up and following in their superior’s lead and hastily exiting the meeting room they had been occupying.

But as the five marines made their way to the prison quarters of their base failed to notice the mysterious figure that had been hiding within the hallways that they were currently running in smirk at the five marines before disappearing in the blink of an eye.

Late at night, around the room of Hamilton’s and Valerie’s new residence

As soon as the mob broke down the gate that led into the modest house, they began to make their way towards the residence of the target of their rage.

“We won’t be leaving this area until the monsters that live here have suffered to our heart’s content!” one of the leading figures of the mob shouted out as he riled up the other members of the mob that were present.

“Yeah!!!! You said it boss man!” the rest of the members of the mob that had gathered with him shouted out their agreement as they made their way to the interior of the house

Five minutes after the men invaded the modest house

“Damn it! How did we let those monsters escape right under our very noses?!” the main leading figure shouted out in outrage as he exited the living quarters of the target of their rage.

“I know right? I really thought that they would actually come out and try to order us around or something.” one of the members of the mob stated in a disappointed manner.

“And we didn’t even get to loot any of their possessions!” another member of the mob that had gathered on this evening complained to his fellow citizens.

After searching the entire house for any signs of the target of their rage, the people had started to shout out their frustrations due to the fact that they were unable to accomplish the task that they had gathered for on this fine evening.

“Well, at least we can burn down the house so that those abominations won’t ever set foot on this island again. Once you’ve made sure that the house isn’t standing anymore, make sure to leave the area as quickly as possible. The rest of us should leave for the town square.” the leading figure for the mob shouted out his order as he made his way back to the town square alongside a majority of the people that had gathered at the modest-looking house while those who would burn down the house remained in order to set the house on fire.

And as the people that had gathered outside the began to burn down the house, they were unable to see the mysterious figure that was hiding behind one of the trees that surrounded the house frowning at the development that had taken place before walking away from his hiding location.

Early in the morning, the next day, inside Nora’s Toy Factory

Within one of the rooms of the toy store that had a bed, the elderly owner of the toy store was reading a single piece of paper with a somber expression on his face.

Dear Mr. Truman

If you are reading this letter now, then that means that I have already left the island and am heading towards another island.

I wish I was able to help you out with the toy store, seeing as it was an important treasure that has been in your family’s name for generations, but I can not allow myself to stay on this island because my identity as a former World Noble has been exposed. And seeing as they would treat you in the same manner that they would treat me and my daughter if they found out about your connection with us, I have decided to leave this letter to let you know that I will not be returning back to this island for good.

No matter where I end up, I will always be grateful to you for the kindness that you showed me on that fateful day all those years ago and for the hospitality that you have provided for me and my daughter throughout our stay in the island.

Sincerely yours,

Hamilton

After reading the letter in his hands, the elderly man began to reminisce on the fateful day that Hamilton mentioned in his letter while he began to shed tears of sorrow.

‘I hope that you and your daughter will be alright out in these harsh seas, you darn brat.’ the elderly owner of the toy store thought to himself as he shed a few more tears after reading the short letter to completion.

Late in the afternoon, the day after Hamilton and Valerie escaped, out in the seas of the South Blue

Out in the seas of the South Blue, a rowing boat capable of carrying three people could be seen traversing the calm seas with two people and a large sack carrying their belongings along with a barrel that contained some food the two travelers.

The people using the boat of course were the former World Nobles, Hamilton and Valerie. The single father was rowing the boat towards their new destination, despite the fact that he was heavily sweating because he had been rowing the boat nonstop from the moment that he and his daughter boarded the rowing boat. And on the other end of the rowing boat, his daughter was looking out into the horizon towards the island where they had departed from with a sad look on her face.

The father and daughter had been out at sea for around a quarter of a day now.

‘I’m glad we were able to escape from the island with our lives before the mob came for us. Good thing that one of my little spies were able to be of use to me during my time on this island, or this may have been the end of me.’ the middle-aged father thought to himself as he remembered the metal toy that had come to his house a few hours after the sun had set before telling him about the conversation that the two mysterious figures were having with each other.

And as they sailed the seas, they were able to make out the outlines of an island with what looked to be some palm trees with a few of the taller buildings that were visible from their view point being shaped like popsicles.

‘Wow, is that a large popsicle? I wanna eat it all!’ Valerie though to herself the moment she saw the popsicle shaped building, thinking it was an actual popsicle while drool began to come out of her mouth.

‘We’ve finally arrived at our destination. I really hope that we can start living a peaceful life here.’ Hamilton thought to himself as he spotted the island that was in front of them, glad to see that he would be able to rest his tired body soon.

2