Different types of theft
120 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

At the end of the phone call, I rush to bring the package that Jhonny brought me to my room and once I'm there, I turn on the computer, plug in my camera and start uploading the photos I took to have to send to the Daily Bugle.

When I finish sending the e-mail to the dear and kind Jameson, whose answer to it tomorrow will surely be one in which he complains that none of them portray Spider-Man as a criminal, I go downstairs, to go to the kitchen to cook dinner.

***

"Yes, Aunt May, I won't be late. I'm just going ahead with a project they assigned us at school, I won't spend much time on it today. I'll get the supplies from the room and work on them in the shed, so I won't bother you. You can go to bed."

"All right, Peter, good night then."

"Good night, Aunt May," I answer as I watch her go to her room.

As soon as I see Aunt May enter her room, I go into mine to pick up the package and then go to the tool house in the garden, which over time has become my personal laboratory.

Immediately after closing the door of the shed from the inside with a padlock, I place the package on the table and once opened, I find a box made of multiplexes, with aluminum edges and with a combination of five digits.

In addition to this, under that case, there is an envelope, which definitely contains the letters of Val and Frankie.

I'll set aside the box to open the envelope immediately. In them, the two kids talk to me in broad outline about what happened in their lives after they had to move out six months ago. They both seem to be adjusting to their new life in Washinton, but theyare still sorry to have left New York.

In her letter, Val tells me happy that recently she discovered that, thanks to the cosmic mutation she inherited from her parents, she also has powers. So far she has managed to actively manifest force fields, just like her mother, however, since she is still a child, both Reed and Sue do not know if this is the only one she will have or if ishe could awaken others in the future, like the other power of Sue, the invisibility.

Expecting that I could tell her not to be disappointed if she did not awaken other powers in the future, the little one writes immediately after that she would not be sorry in any case. If that was her only power, she would train so much that she would become the best at using it, even more than her mother.

In this way she will also be there to fight with us when needed or to help people in need, even if she will only have a supporting role.

At the end of that noble and mature statement, the little girl, in parentheses, tells me that, in case her intuition was right, for penance, I have to bring her a gift and I have to go get an ice cream together with Sue, her and Frankie when we meet, which, of course, I will have to pay for all.

Frankie's letter is essentially similar, his handwriting has improved a lot and he probably wanted to write a letter of his own to show me how it has improved. The only thing that puzzles me about what he wrote is the part about how he's been training with Val and the others.

The way he repeatedly mentions his willingness to improve to be a hero and how committed he is should be something that anyone would be proud of, however while I read his letter I feel like there's something wrong with Frankie and, this feeling increased for every time that concept was repeated.

'Maybe I should call Johnny to talk more about it and maybe see if I can talk to Frankie on the phone for a second to see if this bad feeling makes sense...'

Finished reading the letters, to which tomorrow morning I will send an answer to each, I put them aside. then I take the third sheet that was in the envelope and the case.

The children and I used to have fun with puzzles and riddles and, to find out the combination of the case, it seems that they created one riddle for the combination needed, that i found in one of their letters.

From a drawer of the table in front of me, I take a lighter and I bring it closer to the white paper in my hand and, because of the heat coming from the flame, the numerical code I was looking for appears on the sheet.

Once the code is entered, the cas opens automatically, revealing a costume identical to the one Reed had created for me in the past.

Underneath it, there is a file of sheets, fabrics for each color i use for my costume, finally, a tool that, in the past, I had seen among the projects on which Reed was working.

After a quick look at the costume, I immediately notice when I touch it that, compared to what he had given me in the past, the material used is different and I can not understand which he used this time.

To find the answers to my questions, I take the file and by reading it, I discover that the reason I didn't recognize that material is that it's a tissue made from unstable molecules.

The same fabric that the Fantastic Four suits mutated into when they were hit by cosmic radiation and that, apparently, it was finally recreated by Reed and Sue in recent days.

Sue, to test the malleability of the new material, regarding the clothes making, seems to have decided to use the project that I did with Reed for my costume to recreate a new one using the new material.

She didn't just stop to recreate it as in the project, but she also managed to add some improvements that I had in mind for a long time, which I had probably mentioned to her or her partner in the past.

'Sue's memory is admirable, she managed to remember those little things I said a long time ago. She also managed to make it possible to implement electronic components in the mask, creating a special space for it. '

My recent request to Reed seems to have come at the perfect time, since she had just finished it and so she decided together with Reed to send me this creation to test it and give her feedback.

Along with that suit, Sue chose to also send me a supply of the new fabric and the related tool she invented to be able to join the material made by unstable atoms, in case I have to make some changes to the suit or create another one by myself if the one you created doesn't meet my needs.

Once I have read the main information of that file, I quickly browse it to find other important information, aware that as soon as I have some time I will have to study it well, and, as soon as I get to the last page I see a post- it attached to it, which just says, "Call sometimes!" , underlined twice.

'Even the double underlining... Johnny doesn't seem to be exaggerating, she is just as furious as he had said... I never told him but, in the period before the transfer, Sue seemed cold towards me and she used to avoid me.

I talked to her about it but she didn't see it that way and she was very fleeting, so I thought the reason for her sudden change of behavior was because of some mistakes I made towards her or something else, but maybe I just misunderstood...

Since it's late for a phone call, i could send text now to thank her for the new suit, and tomorrow, during lunch, I'll call her to talk a little. '

Since the left hand still holds the mask of the suit she made, I take the phone with the right to send a message to Sue.

I decide to send her a selfie while I place the mask next to my face, and, in caption, I write a funny text, hoping that stupid thing will make her smile.

'Hi Sue, this is Spidey. I wanted to tell you that I like the new costume you made for me, thank you very much. I also wanted to apologize on behalf of this idiot for not contacting you lately, after all it's also my fault, that I monopolize his commitments but I admit that, although this idiot is full of various commitments and problems, He still could have found a moment to talk to you. I hope you can forgive this dumb guy, who promised me he'd make it up to you.

P.s. He will probably corrupt your forgiveness by bringing you your favorite berry tart as soon as he comes to visit you.'

The moment I send the message to Sue, the application connected to the police system sends me a notice of robbery in progress at a private property, which belongs to one of the wealthy families in New York.

"I'd say the timing is perfect. This way I can already try on the field the newcomer", I say looking at the new costume that I have in my hands.

Susan Storm P.O.V.

As soon as I finish reading that message, I instinctively turn to the window, and as I think about what Peter might be doing, I admire the night sky above the city.

The moment I do, however, the first thing that catches my eye is what I see thanks to the slight reflection of the window glass. On my face there is a hint of a sincere smile, that even i didn't realize I was doing.

Thoughtfully I touch my lips, however, before I could fall back into those thoughts of mine that I've been trying to escape from for a while, I feel someone enter the room.

"Honey, I wanted to t- I see that you're in a good mood today, something nice happened?" Reed asks, standing in the entrance to the room.

'Does he really care? He's probably here to tell me that he's going to work in the lab all night again or that he's going to work with his friends elsewhere for some days.'

"Oh, no big deal. I got a message from Peter thanking us for the costume, and I was glad to hear from him."

"Ah great, at least all your efforts have not turned out to be a waste of time as I thought. You spent so many hours in that costume instead of doing something simpler for the tests, it would have been a shame if it had stayed in dust after we finished. Indeed... It was a good thing that he needs it. Knowing Peter, he could give us a much more accurate and detailed feedback and he will certainly exploit it to the maximum of its capabilities so the data we will have will be better than those collected so far..." Reed says as he reflects with absolute concentration on this possibility that he had not previously evaluated when he opposed Sue's decision to create that costume.

"Yes... Look, I was waiting for you to go to bed, you came by to tell me that you'll be joining me soon, right?" I' ask to change the subject, since I don't really like the way he seems to treat Peter as one of his test subjects.

"No, Susan, I think I'm gonna spend tonight in the lab, I'm at a good point with a project, and I can't lose my rhythm. I already stopped by the kids to say good night to them, and I came by to give it to you too." Reed says as he starts to approach me.

"What a surprise, as if it was not a habit now..." I whisper while I go straight to bed, to avoid being with him at this moment and, once under the covers, I answer coldly while i give him my back, "No problem, good night then."

Noticing my sudden bad mood, which occurs whenever a situation like this happens, Reed just stretches his neck to give me a kiss on the back of the head and he says his good night before returning to his lab.

'It is so difficult to understand for the supposedly smartest man in the world that he should spend more time with his wife and family, as I have told him several times, rather than in a laboratory...?'

Once Reed leaves the room and closes the door, I sigh and then I get out of bed to go back to the window.

Unlike before, the smile that had appeared on my face because of Peter's message disappeared and in its place, to seize my attention, there is another thing that is on my face that I did not notice.

Two tears that are flowing along my cheeks.

4