A purrticular thief
120 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When I arrive near the villa where the robbery is taking place, I see numerous patrols heading in the same direction as me on the street, something that highlights how important is the family that lives in that house to receive this special treatment.

Since the police raided the house, I'll stay back and search the perimeter to prevent the thief from having a chance to escape or, if he's already outside the villa, to be ready to track him.

As soon as I move my gaze to see if there was any sign from the police that the house was empty, I see three windows on the second floor opening and from them I see three figures, each with a bag, coming out using grappling hooks.

Because of their dark clothing, which also includes a hat and a mask that covers their mouth, and the scarcity of light in that spot they specifically chose to escape, there is no detail that helps me distinguish them except for their build.

In the meantime I reach them, I shoot three webs when they are halfway to put their feet back on the ground. Each one of them hits their pistols precisely where the grappling hook starts and, in this way, all three find themselves suspended in the middle as their hands are tied to their grappling guns thanks to my webs.

After that, I placed myself on a light pole in front of them but, before I could confirm their capture, one of the three thugs, with a quick gesture of his hand, managed to cut the cord of the grapple and, without any difficulty or damage, landed elegantly on the ground.

Seeing that their colleague managed to escape, the other two also do everything to get rid of their respective webs, however they do not come out unharmed from their fall as in the first case, one seems to report a damage to the leg while the other remains on the ground sore.

I try to block their escape, however, the two who are still standing manage to avoid the cobwebs that shoot to limit their movements and, to make things more difficult, both of them are going in different directions.

Before I go after them, I make sure their abandoned friend is okay, only after I make sure I immobilize him and warn the police about his location and his share of the loot, I track down the two runaways.

Taking into account that most likely they will not attempt to escape with a vehicle, but will try to blend in with passers-by, I pay attention to any detail that may betray them, such as the limp walk of one of the two.

I'm swinging from one building to another in the direction the limp thief was going, but there's a lot of people on the street right now, so I'm having trouble finding that robber.

At some point, before I momentarily abandon my research to see if I can get any information from their colleague who is now in police custody, I hear a scream of a girl coming from an alley near me.

When I turn to the source of that scream, I see at the beginning of an alley a person slumped to the ground and the robber I was looking for, who, after pushing the girl away, is going deep into that alley.

Immediately after seeing this, I climb on the roof of a nearby building and, immediately after, I accurately hit with each of my webshoters my target.

As soon as my hook catches the fish I was looking for, I hang him on a cornice of the building on which I stand, so that it does not run away a second time.

As he was taken aback by my capture, the man drops the bag with his share of the loot and then starts yelling insults at me that I caught him and, for some reason, the white-haired girl he pushed.

"Daddy Spidey does not accept this behavior of yours, young man, for punishment now you will go to stay in a cell for a while so you can reflect on what you have done and especially on those ugly words of yours. Don't you think about how your mother would feel if she knew her son was so foul-mouthed?" I say, then I shoot a web in his mouth to stop him talking.

Once I have finished with him, I go down from the building and, instead of recovering immediately his share of the stolen goods, I go to see how is the woman who is still crouched on the ground and who emits grunts of pain, probably due to the fight she had with the man.

When I approach that girl wearing a black tracksuit with white details to see if she is okay, I reach out my hand to help her get up and ask her if she could get up or if she wanted me to call someone to treat her.

Without hesitation, the girl grabs my hand and, albeit with difficulty, starts to get up using me as a support.

When she is back on her feet, albeit still slightly bent forward, I realize that she is wearing sunglasses and, to confirm my hunch that she may be blind, is her request for help in finding her white cane that she lost during the clash with that man.

Once I give her back her cane, she thanks me and, to my question if I could still help her, she answers that she can handle herself now, after which she thanks me for my help and tells me that she still has to go get food for her kittens.

After saying goodbye to her, I turn to fetch the bag and the robber to bring them back to the police, in the hope that o can find some information about their partner who is still in circulation.

The moment I'm about to shoot a spider web to get the bag, my spider sense suddenly activates.

Instinctively, I shift the direction of my web-shooter behind me, and as soon as the web I shot hits my target, in a fluid motion, I pull the web in my direction as I turn towards it.

After these actions, I end up grabbing with my free hand a rigid stick, which was about to hit me, and with the face of the person who tried to hit me from behind a few inches away from mine.

Although the girl has her eyes covered with glasses, she has a smile that shows how much she is amused by this situation.

"I didn't know that kittens now eat jewels and money instead of treats for cat..." I say then I throw away the stick she was using to hit me.

"To get cat food you still need the money, I have many kittens to feed and I admit that I am myself a very hungry kitty."

"You could still get a job like everyone else instead of stealing from others."

"I could, but I wouldn't be able to cope with all my expenses, besides I only take what I need from those who have committed crimes to get what they have, what I have left I give it to my kittens."

"What are you, some modern-day Robin Hood? Man, that makes me the sheriff? I don't really like this..."

"How about instead of the sheriff, you become Little John? Just imagining what we could do together makes my heart beat..." She whispers seductively.

"No thanks, I prefer to stay the friendly neighborhood Spider-Man, you know, I don't want to disappoint all those kids who see an example in what I do. But if you ever decide to switch to the good side maybe we could talk about it again, you know right now we need manpower."

"It's a shame, but the kitty doesn't like to be good, it's boring." The girl tells me, then she kicks me in the chest.

When her right foot rests on my chest, before I can grab her leg, the girl uses my chest as a support to do a backward somersault in the air and get away from me.

"I know you're sad that another person decided to turn your back on you after your friend up there, but don't worry, I'm sure that in the female part of the prison there will be someone who has had similar experiences with whom you can vent."

"Do you think he betrayed me? You're a naive little spider..." She says as she turns around a second.

When she turns around again, instead of the glasses she was wearing, she now wears a black mask now which partly covers her eye area. That mask has transparent lenses that make me see her emerald green eyes that look at me in a penetrating way.

"You know, actually, those two I collaborated with are just idiots whose role was just helping this poor kitty carry those heavy bags. As soon as it was time, I would take it all back and abandon them." She explains while wearing two gloves she takes from the pockets of her tracksuit.

"Then why did you pretend to be in trouble? Of course, that way I wouldn't have suspected you, but you had plenty of time to get that guy's bag and leave before I got there, but you stayed. That means your good plan doesn't stop there, does it?"

"No, you're not wrong. I was actually hoping to meet you. Since I know how much you like to hunt down criminals, I brought you these two as a gift for a chance to have a chat with you..." She says as she slightly shortens the distance between us with a slow and elegant pace.

"Next time, I don't know, instead of staging a robbery, couldn't we meet at a bar and have coffee?"

"You're not an easy person to track, honey. If, on the other hand, that was your veiled request for a date, you have to work harder to win me over. You still don't realize I'm a picky kitty?"

"I'm sorry but I'm too busy chasing other thieves, I don't have time for dates with people I have to send to jail. Now that I've refused your request to work together, let's move on to the part where we fight, I'll immobilize you, and then I'll accompany you like a gentleman to the police station?"

"No, dear, you misunderstood. My request to work together was just a whim, seeing you in action live I was excited to think what we could do together, however I wanted to meet you for another reason. The glasses I had before have a peculiarity, they can sometimes see through certain things, including, some types of fabric however they could not make me see who is behind that mask..."

The moment I hear her explanation about the functionality of those glasses, and I realize what the girl who was wearing them was going to do, I shoot two webs at her legs so I make her fall once I pull them, however the girl avoids them by jumping on the wall to her right.

Right after her feet touches the wall, she jumps again to throw a punch at me, but, sensing that this was a only a fake, I intercept the knee she was going to give me, by grabbing her leg from behind and then I try to lay her on the ground.

When I take her from behind her knee, with a quick movement, she sits on my shoulders and tries a grip on my neck with them, perhaps in the hope that this thing can make me pass out or worse, suffocate.

Sensing this, I grab both of her legs before they could close, I pull her down from my shoulders and finally I throw her on the ground so that she doesn't get hurt much.

"Uh uh, did anyone ever tell you that despite the mask that covers your face, you're very expressive, honey? When I told you I wanted to know who you were, I got goosebumps from the fury you were giving off. As much as I enjoy seeing your dominant side, I'd like to see it in other contexts. I like chills better if they are not due to the fear of dying."

"Enough with the nonsense, who are you? Who are you working for?"

"The friendly neighborhood Spider-Man is no longer so friendly when someone tries to figure out who he is, i guess. You must have important things to protect if you care so much that your identity stays secret unlike some of your colleagues, who don't care if their identity stays secret so they can become celebrities. Anyway relax, the glasses stuff is a lie, I just wanted to play with you a little bit and see your reaction to better understand what kind of person you are. Even though you're a hero, I can't trust you just for your good reputation."

"Who. Are. You? If you were a simple thief I would have met you already, who do you work for?"

"The fact that you don't know only proves how good I am at my job, you know, that's a huge compliment to me. Anyway, I'm not someone important, just a miserly kitten, from whom some people are taking away things she cares about more than anything. I admit that maybe I got carried away by the desire to play with you and I exaggerated, I apologize." She says, and then she suddenly get up to headbutts me.

The headbutt I received confused me for a moment, which she uses to flips backwards and then to distance herself from me again.

"Sorry about the headbutt too, but I'd say we both started this off on the wrong foot, how about we start over and talk more civilly? If we want to go back to that position to continue our conversation, I prefer to do it on a bed since it's our first time."

"I'm sorry, but if we ever have to talk civilly, it'll be after the police show you your cell. Don't worry, I'll take care of your kittens." I say, and then I crouch ready for battle.

"What a sweet thought, Spidey, but I don't think I'll need it, maybe in the future we can play family together." She answers and then she prepares to attack me too.

We both take a step forward, and when we're close enough, we start our fight. Unlike her who is clear she knows some styles of combat, I know only a few moves, but to compensate for that lack of my experience on the field and the difference in strength that there is between us.

Just like a cat, the girl moves quickly and nimbly, she does not waste a millisecond in her movements, however it seems to me that for some reason she is holding back like me and she is fighting on the defensive.

When I try to cover her sight with a web, she somehow manages to destroy it before it hits her with a slit with her right hand, afterward she takes advantage of that moment, to stretch her left hand and scratch me in the chest area.

Not understanding why she would want to do such a thing, instead of hitting me with a fist, I initially stand still, ready to hit her back, but I still take a step back before she could touch me.

That gesture that I thought was unimportant turns out to be more dangerous than I thought, because there are five cuts on my suit where she wanted to scratch me, deep enough to make me bleed a little.

The reason she managed to inflict that wound on me was that, in those gloves she wore, I discovered that there were hidden in them sharp claws, probably retractable, which she also used to free herself from the web that blocked her to her grappling gun.

When I look down to see the wound that she has inflicted on me, I see that the cuts in the costume are coming together, until those slits in the costume disappear and there are not even traces of blood, as if nothing had happened.

"I see you don't just talk about cats, you even have claws. Don't you think it's time to give them a trim?"

"No need, honey, I like them so sharp. Rather, cute costume. I could use something like that myself. Do you think you can give me the contact of the tailor who did this to you?"

"A good friend and her husband made it for me, I doubt they could make you one for you. It's kind of a privilege reserved for hero friends. Plus, I think you look better in an orange prison uniform."

"Too bad, anyway you say that because you didn't see me in my costume, when you will see it next time I'm sure you'll agree that it's better than that orange thing, or I'll turn on your curiosity about how I am without any clothes, just like I'm doing right now as I look at you..." She says after she licked that little bit of my blood left on her claws.

Afterwards at our exchange of jokes we both return to fight, this time we both put much more effort than before, which was just a clash to understand each other's abilities. I admit that it's been a while since I really fought with someone, especially someone as computer as she is.

'Couldn't I face a hothead like Rhino?'

Despite this, I don't feel much trouble, it's just a bit annoying. I find it a little hard to end the fight without using more of my force, since she always manages to escape my hits somehow, just like a cat when it understands it's time to take a bath.

At some point, just when she is preparing to dodge my fist, I stop for a second and shoot two webs in the area of her feet. The girl, believing she could guess what I wanted to do, makes a hop to dodge it and the she smiles at me, probably to make me notice that i didn't hit her again.

What she doesn't know is that hitting her feet to immobilize her wasn't my goal,I wanted to hit the very ground below her.

The moment she is descending, I approach her as I hold the webs still in my hands, and as she prepares to throw an axe kick at me, I pull the webs to slide below her.

Once I get past her and I'm behind her, the girl tries to turn around and hit me, however she can't find the opportunity to do so, since with the same cobwebs I used to dodge her kick, I start to immobilize her, by wrapping them around her chest and arms.

When I'm pretty sure she can't move her arms anymore, I make her trip to put her back on the ground before she could kick me again, making sure she doesn't get hurt from that fall.

To immobilize her completely, I place myself above the girl, who is with her stomach on the ground, without toching her other then to block her legs while I recharge the web-shooters, since both of their cartridges are finished.

"You really like being so close to me, don't you, honey? But I told you, I prefer our first time on a bed, maybe after a nice dinner together to get to know each other a little better, but you've already switched to bondage. Do you want this kitten so badly that you want to skip all the stages at all costs? It's the first time I've tried this, I don't mind but..."

"Don't worry, if you like this stuff, agents will be coming over soon and they'll even put you in handcuffs." I say.

"No thanks, I'd rather you put them on me. I have to tell you though, I'm a bit sad that you haven't had any reaction to the clear advances of this kitty, am I not attractive enough for you or are you used to receiving much courtship?" She asks while struggling, albeit with difficulty.

"You're not indifferent at all, it's just that I don't think much about the clear distraction attempts of someone who wants to run away."

"Do you really think that I am not serious...? What a naughty kitten you are to not believe the words of this sweet and sincere girl. Do you think this kitty needs to distract you like that because she doesn't have an ace up her sleeve to get away from you?"

Following her question I see her right hand, which is closed with a fist, being able to move slightly, enough to have the back area facing the ground, then, before I could stop her, she manages to throw what she was hiding in her hand, a black sphere.

That simple sphere, instead of being a smoke bomb as I imagined, turns out to be a string of some kind of metal with two spheres at its ends, both of the same color but smaller than the one they came out of.

Since I expected that thing to be a way to obscure my sight to help her escape, I stood firm on her not to make her move, so that metal rope ends up wrapping around my arms, just like I did with her.

Because of that surprise, I lose my balance and end up lying on her, who used the moment when that rope paralyzed me to get rid, albeit with difficulty, of my webs.

Once there is nothing left to limit her movements, without wasting time, she turns our positions upside down, finishing her on top of me and then using two more of those black spheres.

"I got these nice ropes just for you. In case you hadn't paid attention to me, I would have probably kidnapped you after I immobilized you with them. You know, they're very expensive because they're made out of a metal alloy that also has a little bit of adamantium in it, so I doubt you'll be able to break free easily." The girl says, however, instead of running away immediately, I see that she arranges her hair a little while lying on top of me, and then she starts whispering in my left ear.

"I prefer this position a lot more, you know, I like being in control but I admit I didn't mind fighting for it with you sweetheart... But now, before I run away and you go after me again, I need to talk to you about something important, why I wanted to meet you. It's something I could only trust you with, since most of your colleges don't care about ordinary people the way you do. 

Recently in New York, although it is still not very evident, there is a strange air. For a few months now, the dangers in the city are gradually increasing, as is their gravity. I'm sure you must have felt something wrong, too. There's a strange serum circulating among the petty criminals that grants them powers to earn more, when in reality it only shortens your life. It also seems that recently they decided to circulate more of that stuff, probably because they want to speed up the tests that lead to a more stable formula or just to generate more chaos. 

But of course, such a thing cannot be distributed so easily. 

Here comes Tombstone, the new boss. No one seems to know his face, and while he's still acting in the shadows, he's embedding every criminal organization or group with questionable morality into his own, so I'm assuming that that filthy serum is his or that he's dealing with his distribution anyway.

Now, I don't care about the cheap thieves who throw their lives away, unaware that they're just lab rats to them, or what Tombstone or those who decided to make that serum have in mind. That's hero stuff, I'm just a possessive, greedy kitten, however, they decided to take something from me and others that they shouldn't even touch with a single finger.

In the last few days, there are people, probably Tombstone's henchmen, who go to the slums of New York and its surroundings to recruit teenagers who have a difficult situation, with the promise of money. Boys and girls whose whereabouts are eventually never found by anyone or they are found dead for similar causes to those of the serum a few days after their disappearance.

As if this is not low, it seems they have even begun to take children, orphans for the most part. Fucking children!" Says the girl, with an increasingly angry tone of voice.

"I had some clues about the existence of a serum like that, and although I didn't know for sure, I still did report it, but I didn't know those kids were missing. There was no police action, no investigation into it?" I ask trying to remain calm, yet she can probably hear in my words a small part of the anger that I am experiencing right now.

'Is it possible that a meticulous person like him has not yet done anything even though I warned him about the serum?!'

"The police have not done anything concrete, probably some big shot of them is on Tombstone's payroll, since the cops disappear when things like this happen but they are present when someone steals from wealthy criminals. Even your colleagues don't seem to give much importance to what happens to mere mortals, only you can help me.

I've come to know from my sources that Tombstone was looking for skilled robbers for a job some time ago, but it turns out that luck helped that bastard, and what he's looking for seems to be easier to take than it originally was.
He wanted someone to retrieve for him an item that belonged to Fisk, a painting to be exact, which, apparently, in two weeks' time will be auctioned along with all of Fisk's other assets that the police had seized after his last arrest.

I doubt that Tombstone is a simple art lover and, moreover, you know that Fisk had the habit of hiding documents or important objects in his beloved works of art.

He probably wants something Fisk hid that he somehow learned about.

That's what I wanted to tell you, believe it or not, I don't care. You do what you want with the information I told you and you keep chasing me if you send me to jail, but I'm begging you, first help me find those kids and make that bastard pay. If it's necessary to have your trust, I'm willing to turn myself in to the police once we're done." The girl says, ending up shedding a few tears when she talks about those kids, probably because she's connected to some of the missing ones.

'I should not trust his words, yet it is impossible for me to ignore this request for help that seems sincere.'

"All right, if everything you said is true, I will do my best to find those kids and stop Tombstone and the production of that damn serum. 

If you really want to work with me to find them, no robberies or anything like that until you turn yourself in and you have to leave today's stolen goods. I don't care if the loot belongs to criminals or people who don't deserve it, if you want a truce that allows us to work together these are the conditions"

"Well, looks like we have a deal then. I admit I didn't have that much hope in you at first, yet as I spent time with you I had to reevaluate you. You're not a cheap hero like some people think, maybe children are right to take someone like you as an example... I would say it's time to seal our promise with a nice kiss" She says, returning to the sensual and provocative character that has been so far.

When she finishes talking, the girl approaches her face to mine to be able to give me a kiss on the forehead after which she gets up and starts to move away from me to go to a garbage can, where, behind it, she pulls out the bag with her share of the loot and the suit used for the robbery that she took off. She then joins those things to the other thief's bag, which is still hanging on the cornice of the building to my right, and she also adds the sunglasses she was wearing before.

"For this time you have to settle for a kiss on the forehead, when we finish and you bring back my kittens maybe you can have something more. I also left you the glasses, so you can check them and reassure yourself about my prank earlier. " She says, as she's leaving that little road we're on.

"Hey wait, you don't take these ropes off me?!" I say as I struggle.

"No, I'm sorry, that wasn't in our deal, was it? Besides, while I trust you, I can't rule out the possibility that you might try to catch me again once I'm free. I enjoyed playing with you, I hope I can play with you again very soon. See you at auction, good night sweetheart." She says and then disappears from my sight as soon as she turns.

'Oh man, I guess this time I got screwed, I already imagine how Johnny will tease me when he knows what happened... I would say that I can pass this thing as a test for the new costume. Let's see if it does not break after I use a little more force than usual to get rid of these ropes. '

 

 

3