Doping
53 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As soon as we are close enough to hit each other, she prepares to hit me with her flaming sword, while I am forced to dodge it.

The moment I avoid the blade of her sword that was pointing at my neck, my spider-sense suddenly activates, and that feeling of danger that I perceive does not come specifically from that woman.

When I realize where that feeling comes from, it's too late. Typhoid has already positioned herself in such a way that, even if I avoided that danger, I would still be wounded by her.  

Since there is no solution that will allow me to escape unharmed, I am therefore forced to choose the lesser evil, so I carry my left arm behind the back of my head.

If I had noticed even just a second before, or if it had been less fast, I probably could have also captured it, but since it caught me by surprise, I can only protect myself from that knife that I had fixed on the ceiling. Instead of hitting the back of my head as it should have, it stabbed my forearm.

That knife didn't fall naturally, and from the satisfied way Typhoid looks at me, it's clear that what happened is her work.

'Can she also use telekinesis?'

"Luckily you didn't die for such a trifle, otherwise it would have been disappointing if you hadn't given me a little challenge. I know that up until now you have never really worked hard while fighting, if you continue to treat this as a game and take me lightly like the others, you risk dying." She says as she sees me taking the knife off my arm.

"Take you lightly? In the past I have belittled a situation, but since that day I have never underestimated anything or anyone. I'm very careful to study my opponent, whoever he, she or they may be. If you see that I'm not putting my whole self into a fight, it's not because I treat things like that like a game, it's simply because it's not worth going that far. I want to see what you're capable of before I defeat you, so I can inform the authorities of all your abilities before they send you to Ryker Prison." I repeat calmly as I tie a web around the wounded area to stop the blood spill.

After uttering those words, I hold the knife that wounded me thinking I have something with which to parry the blade of her sword, however I am forced to throw it on the ground immediately after because I perceive a danger from it. In fact, just as my spider-sense warned me, it gets engulfed in flames once it hits the ground.

Later, that knife along with three others, which were abandoned by the nuns, begin to float in the air near Typhoid as they are enveloped in flames, and she has again changed her expression, this time into one of pure anger and disgust.

'There are other knives in the room, and by the way those in the air float it is evident that that is her limit of how many she can control.'

Another thing I notice is that now the right half of her face begins to return to the rosy color of her complexion, while the left starts to take a pale hue that before the right part had.

'Wasn't that makeup on her face?'

"What do you mean by these words of yours, you filthy male?!" Typhoid exclaims furiously. 

"I think that if I'm serious, there are few people who could put me in trouble and, from what I've seen so far, you're not one of them. Rather than risk harming you unnecessarily or killing you, I prefer to defeat you without causing you much harm, so that you can have a second chance to maybe become a better person after serving your sentence." I respond, and the blades that are in the air near her tremble violently, mirroring the storm of anger she is feeling inside her.

"I will make you bitterly regret your belief that I am inferior to you!"

After her exclamation, she immediately shortens the distance that separates us and, before she could hurt me with her sword, I lower myself to dodge then, seeing the three knives coming in my direction, I make a backward leap, in which I strike with both feet the hand holding her sword.

With a web, I bring to me a chair that was in the room and I use it as a shield to parry those three wandering knives, which eventually stick into the backrest of the chair.

While Typhoid is getting closer to me, trying to hit me again with his sword, I see that she is also trying to get out the knives that got stuck in the chair with her power.

To succeed in what she wants to do, I notice that the fire that surrounds them decreases in intensity and that the force employed in that action is less than the one she has used so far to move them. This situation makes me notice that she has not only a limit on what she can do with her powers, but also that she can not always use them with the same intensity.

Probably, as she continues to use these powers in this way, her body, especially her brain, will get tired faster or even receive damage due to the overexertion she is forcing herself to do. What is happening now is the first sign of this.

Since I could not even parry the blow of his sword with that chair, I throw it at her and, taking advantage of the moment when her sight is obscured by the chair, I move away from the trajectory that the blade of her sword is taking and I kick her on her right side, which causes her to crash into a table on her left.

I did not expect in the slightest that that blow can put an end to the clash, however to see her getting up in that apparently calm way, as if she simply stumbled, it did not fit even in my expectations.

"What are you, some kind of Terminator?" I tell her, then I shoot two webs at one piece of furniture and another table that they are one on her right and the other on her left.

Once I pull them both towards her, I run in her direction, ready to strike her again as she must pour her attention on two other dangers besides myself, however, with a single pirouette, She destroys both the table and the furniture with a blaze of her sword.

Despite this, I still find a free window to attack her, so while she is leaning her sword to the right, I try to punch her in her solar plexus and take advantage of those one or two seconds when she can't breathe to finish the fight, Yet my spider-sense triggers.

With a sadistic smile on her face that makes me realize that she didn't let down her guard, but she wanted me to think it, she gets ready to hit my head with the hilt of her sword, with such a force that if she hit me, I would definitely be out of the game or even worse.

In order to protect myself from that blow, I'm forced to slow down my fist a bit.

As any blow is at its maximum strength when it reaches its goal, I bend my left arm to use it as a kind of shield and move it to the hilt of her sword, so that the impact with it is less painful.

The moment both our blows hit, she collides with a chair behind her and then both fall to the ground. 

I hold my left arm with my right hand because of the pain, which although it is definitely less than I would feel if I had not acted that way, I feel it anyway, also because I was hit again where the knife had pierced me.

After a very short pause in which we recover from that clash, Typhoid gets up from the ground and runs towards me, like an angry animal towards its prey.

She obviously knows that my left arm has been damaged enough to make it difficult for me to use it freely and easily, so she proceeds to concentrate her attacks on the side of my body, as it is difficult for me to defend myself from attacks in that area.

To prevent her from using this thing to manipulate the flow of combat, I dodge a blow from her sword, but instead of moving away from her as I have done so far, I decide to get closer, thus making it more difficult to use her sword.

Before she could answer this with another slit or she could walk away, I grabbed the wrist of the hand with which she holds the sword, then, I placed my right hand behind her head.

Following this, I step back my right leg, then I jump towards Typhoid to hook my right leg around her pelvis.

After confirming that I have a firm grip on her head and her arm, I proceed to swing my left leg up and over, to the side of Typhoid's head.

In the meantime I keep her arm trapped tightly, I extend my legs to make sure that Typhoid drop to the ground and then I put her arm and between my legs.

This series of actions are performed with such a speed that prevents Typhoid from reacting, and so I manage to do on the redheaded woman what I think is called Flying Armbar, a grappling technique that I saw in some video some time ago.

Once we are in that position, I lift my pelvis upward, to make her arm bend. Obviously my intention is not to break her arm, otherwise I would not have gone that far, but I use this technique to disarm her and then try to make her unconscious.

Once we are in that position, I lift my pelvis upward, to make her arm bend. Obviously my intention is not to break her arm, otherwise I would not have gone that far, but I use this technique to disarm her and then try to make her unconscious.

As soon as she begins to notice that she will not be able to free herself from that hold of mine in which I closed her, the arm that I captured catches fire, however my costume isolates my body from external factors, although I do not know to what extent.

The strength of those flames continues to rise along with the anger that the woman is feeling at the moment, enough to make me doubt that I am beginning to feel the heat emanating from them or it's just my imagination

When I finally manage to remove from her hand that sword, my spider-sense activates and from the flames in which I am almost wrapped, I see sprout one of the knives that I can readily dodge without letting her go.

After that also arrive the other two, less fast than the first, so easier to dodge, however, at the same time as i dodge the last one, Typhoid manages to kick me perfectly where my arm is injured, thanks to iher flexibility.

'She seems to be starting to take a hit for using her powers so recklessly.'

Because of that blow, I unwittingly loosen my grip on her arm and she manages to escape.

Before she could take back her sword, I do a backflip to take it and, since she might strive to use her telekinesis again to take it back, I hold it and I forcefully thrust the sword into the ground.

"Well, if you can get it now, there's a chance they'll crown you as the new queen of the UK," I say as I see Typhoid get up.

Unfortunately, the woman doesn't even want to comment on my joke. The first thing she does after getting up is to grab two knives that are in her vicinity and, after wrapping them in the fire like the hands holding them, she returns to attack me.

'I don't understand why she didn't immediately switch to this style of combat when she realized that using her strength that way wasn't worth it. 

Given the ways she devised to hurt me without giving me a chance to protect myself properly or dodge, I considered her a cunning opponent.

So why did she decide to continue fighting in that reckless way that only made her consume all her energy right away? 

Did she let herself be conditioned by the anger born from the fact that I'm not giving my all in this fight? But letting yourself be influenced by your emotions is a mistake that Rhino or a beginner would make, and she doesn't seem to be either.

Since there's a chance she's faking it to get me off my guard, I'm still being cautious while I fight her, even though my sixth sense tells me she's not faking it.

'Better safe than sorry'

It is evident from the first minutes in which we resume our clash that Typhoid is also skilled with those knives. If before, when she wielded the sword, it was difficult to approach her, now that she holds those knives, she is attacking me with a speed and precision such as to make it difficult to keep a minimum distance to be able to dodge the blades of her knives.

She is trying to make the most of this to dictate the pace of the fight and not leave me a second free, but, my agility and the use of my webs allow me not to get sucked into this tactic.

Since she has also realized that there is now a gap between me and her in terms of strength and stamina that we have left, she is using her combat experience to bridge that gap and bring me to her level by making me tired.

At first she succeeds in her intent, but when at some point she pauses a moment to free herself from a web, that moment becomes too long to not become fatal for her.

When, for some reason, she decides to lower her gaze to cut a web that I shot at her leg to limit her mobility, I hit her with a flying reverse turning kick and, the moment my heel hits her side, She bumps into the wall to her right, losing consciousness.

After that, I approach her to make sure she is out of action and when I see her face I realize that the left half of her face that was pale has returned to a rosy complexion.

The moment I am about to immobilize her completely with my cobwebs, my spider-sense activates but the danger it captures does not come from the woman who is lying on the ground in front of me. It seems that the source of this is located in one of the upper floors.

After I feel that feeling, I feel the ground beneath my feet vibrating, and it doesn't take me long to realize that the tremor is taking over the whole building. Before I can ask Black Cat if she knows what's going on, I hear her voice from my earpiece and she's clearly worried.

- We have a problem, two of the criminals who left with their boss are back and they are saying that if you or whoever is helping you don't give them the painting in five minutes, they will kill everyone by collapsing the building. 

According to one of them the reason behind this act, the first of many others that will happen in the future, is to send a signal to the world about the superiority of the mutant race, which will soon dominate the world, even at the cost of exterminating the human race. 

When they got here though, I saw that one of them had thrown away a vial before talking to the hostages and reporting this thing, so I'm sure they're not real mutants, but they both drank that damn serum-Shit, I don't know how but--.-Black Cat whispers to me until, at some point, something happens that forced her to cut off communication.

"Cat?!" I exclaimed, but instead of hearing the voice of Black Cat, I heard a loud thud of something falling to the ground.

Given the urgency of the situation, I take Typhoid's unconscious body and run to Black Cat.

'If they are going to bring the whole building down, I cannot afford to leave her there and risk her dying under the rubble.'  

 Just before I get to the auction room, I leave Typhoid in a chair in the building's security room, and I tie her with my webs around her torso to immobilize her arms.

It's not much of a way to stop her from trying to kill me again once she wakes me up, after all she can get rid of them easily, however, for the same reason that I decided not to leave her alone downstairs, I can't completely immobilize her.

Once I set her up there, I enter the room where Black Cat should be, which is now completely destroyed and I see her with the damaged costume and some visible wounds on her body and face, and she is positioned in front of the group of remaining hostages. Among them I notice that there are Liz Allan and her parents.

Once I set her up there, I enter the room where Black Cat should be, which is now completely destroyed and I see her with the damaged costume and some visible wounds on her body and face, and she is positioned in front of the group of remaining hostages. Among them I notice that there are Liz Allan and her parents, who, like the other hostages, have a terrified expression.

In front of Black Cat there are two men, whose expression makes it clear that they are not completely lucid. One of them has his hands wrapped in a strange green energy while the other criminal now has an imposing size and a muscular body, as if he had suddenly become a bodybuilder, and moreover he now has four arms.

Without wasting time, when I see the man with four arms about to attack Black Cat with two of his right fists, I swing in his direction thanks to a web that I shot towards the ceiling, which is badly damaged, and I throw myself at him.

I hit him on his head with the soles of both my feet, and the impact of my blow, which he did not expect, makes him throw away a few feet.

"I'm sorry, but you know, cool guys are always a little late for parties. I hope I haven't missed anything interesting" I say once I land on the ground.

"Be careful not to get hit by the man's green energy, it destroys everything as if it were some kind of acid." Black Cat says, clearly tired.

Meanwhile Black Cat informs me of that thing, the man I hit gets up slowly and with some difficulty, probably because he has not adapted to his new body.

"Now there are two bags and we don't know in which of them there is the painting, what do we do Oliver?" The man says when he finishes getting up, with a completely apathetic tone.

"Simple Liam, we kill them both and we take both bags." The criminal named Oliver says, then he points both his hands in my direction.

The moment he shoots a blast of green energy at me, I shoot a web to take the flat part of one of the buffet tables that was destroyed and use it to shield me and the people behind me from that attack. 

Although that energy blast isn't strong enough to make it hard for me to keep that shield, it does manage to pierce that slab of solid wood that is almost seven inches thick. I can't move because it could hit people behind me, so I let myself be hit by a small part of that blast as I move that wood block, so that that energy hits the part of it still intact.

Just as Black Cat anticipated, the sensation I'm feeling is that I've been hit by some kind of acid. It did not corrode my skin, which is protected by my suit, in the same way as it did with wood, but I feel a strong burning sensation. Even the costume has difficulty regenerating after it has been hit by that energy. 

Fortunately, he can't continue to emit that energy forever, and just when he ceases that green energy blast, my spider-sense activates, and it warns me of the imminent attack of his partner, who jumped in my direction, ready to hit me with a double Double Axe Handle with his four hands.

It was one of the attacks of Crusher Hogan, the fighter I faced when I was Spider-Man for the first time, so I know it very well. It is only used for scene but, if it is used in real combat, it is a very disadvantageous move to attack someone.

I throw him what's left of that part of the table I used as a shield to his face, to block his view a little, then, after I jumped back to dodge that attack, I kick the area where the two upper hands are woven.

Unlike the lower ones, these are the ones he had before using the serum, so since he is used to them, it is better to hurt them rather than the ones he has yet to get used to.

"Cat, you take care of getting those hostages out of the building, I'll take care of these two," I say as Liam starts screaming because of what I gave him, which broke some knuckles or fingers of that pair of hands.

"Are you sure you can handle it?" she asks while she was already busy moving the hostages away from the fight.

"The safety of those people comes first. You go with them, don't worry. Be careful of their colleagues who are still inside the building." I say.

Later I said those words, as my sense of spiders has just activated, I turn to the man named Oliver, who was preparing another blast of green energy in our direction.

Before he can shoot it out, I shoot a spider web at his eyes, to blind him, then two at his legs, which I pull towards me to make him fall with his back to the ground.

Despite all that, he shoots the energy blast anyway, but, instead of hitting me, Black Cat and the hostages, it hits a corner of the roof of the room we find ourselves in and that energy immediately starts to corrode it as soon as it touches it.

Afterwards, I rush towards Liam, who has just recovered from the kick I gave him, and, after shooting a  web that I use as a handhold to jump higher, I put my hands behind his neck and finally I hit him with a knee on his mouth.

Like a tree that has just been cut, that colossus falls to the ground following my knee and, before it could hit me with one of its hands, I jump away to prevent him from taking me.

"Trust me, I can do this." I say to Black Cat, who's a little worried about me.

After whispering something annoyed, Black Cat begins escorting the hostages away while I prepare to face Liam again, who is getting up.

The moment he tries to punch me, I dodge him, and as soon as he uses his left arms to hit me during my dodge, I lower myself and kick him on the side of his knee, whose impact makes him stagger in pain.

"I see that someone here has also skipped the leg day, as well as using steroids."

The serum he ingested gave him a body worthy of a bodybuilder, however only the top part, from the pelvis down instead, apart from the fact that it increased the length of his legs, nothing changed.

Since that part is underdeveloped compared to the rest of his body, and he has two extra arms, he can't maintain a good coordination and balance, so I will focus more on his legs as they are his weak point.

Along with Liam's scream of pain, there is the desperate cry of Oliver, who, in order to get rid of my webs that obscured his sight, decided to burn them with his green energy, ending up corroding a little even the skin in the area of his eyes.

"Man, I get that you're desperate, but this way, you're gonna give yourself a nasty scar like the one Electro has." I say as I approach him, then I hit him in the gut to keep him from shooting that green energy again.

When I attack Oliver, his partner obviously rushes behind me to hit me but with a backward jump I sit on his shoulders, and as my legs tighten around his neck to make him faint, I shoot webs toward the ground, so that he is anchored with me in that point and he cannot start running around.

While he screams furiously and he orders me to come down, the man tries to hit me with his two hands of the upper arms while the lower ones try to break free from the grip of my legs that are around his neck.

At one point, just when I'm succeeding in my intent to make him faint, my spider-sense activates and, with agility, I let myself fall forward while I always hold my legs around his neck to dodge a blast of green energy.

Once I'm hanging upside down on Liam's neck, I pull the webs that I still have in my hands as I put strength in my legs, so I can do a half flip that makes Liam lift off the ground and then crashes him to the ground.

The Impact is so violent that it not only destroys the floor tiles, but it seems to shake almost the entire building.

"He doesn't have the painting, the girl who is accompanying the hostages! Take it!" Oliver, who is behind me, exclaims.

When I look in his direction, I see that in front of his mouth there is a radio transmitter, with which he has surely communicated this information to his colleagues.

'How did he find out?'

The answer to my question comes when I feel that the bag I was carrying with me suddenly loses its weight.

Apparently as I dodged that energy blast, part of it hit the backpack, enough to make a hole to show what's inside. Shortly after the painting I was carrying comes out of that hole that Oliver accidentally created and it falls on the head of Liam, who is still suffering that kind of Hurricanrana that I did on him.

Before I can capture Oliver with a web, he shoots a blast of green energy in my direction and, while I'm busy dodging it, he starts running away to reach Black Cat.

"Cat, they know you have the painting and they're all coming your way, including the guy who has the corrosive energy. Where are you now?" I ask worried.

-I have noticed it. I managed to get some of the hostages to escape, but a bunch of those idiots showed up earlier, so after I took care of them, we all had to run away before they trapped us. We are heading to the east side of the building.-

"All right, I'll be there as soon as I can."

-Roger.-

After that brief communication I run to the area where Black Cat is, and as soon as I'm near it, I see that along with me, all the criminals who snuck in to get the painting also arrived there. The only one missing is what I assume was their leader.

In that group of criminals there are mainly people with whom I have fought before, since it is clear that they are exhausted and sore even though they regained consciousness, and hidden behind them, there is Oliver.

"You keep Spider-Man busy, the rest of us go find the girl!" Oliver says to the people in front of him.

Obviously, after that order I am attacked in unison by that group of masked men, so I begin to make my way among them with speed, even at the cost of neglecting a little more my safety to arrive in time to help Black Cat.

At some point, after avoiding a couple of stabs, I jump and while I'm in midair, I hit Oliver with my webs and I tug him towards me, thus interrupting his run and making him fall with his belly on the ground.

"Where you thought you were going, we haven't finished playing together, Oliver."

The moment I put my feet back on the ground, he turns to look at me as he continues to stay on the ground and, after yelling at his colleagues to get away, he prepares to shoot another of his energy blasts in my direction.

My spider-sense activates in that exact moment in which it shoots it, however, as soon as I dodge that his shot by leaning towards the right, two fists hit me sending me in the opposite direction, making sure that I also pass through that ray of green energy.

Apparently my spider-sense was also triggered to warn me of those fists, but I did not have time to notice and now I find myself rolling on the ground for a few inches.

My hands go instinctively to the chest, where now there is an oblique wound that starts from the left shoulder to my right hip thanks to that ray of corrosive energy, and since my costume has not yet regenerated, I touch the wound directly.

The one who took me by surprise with his two fists comes to the place where I am curled up and lifts me off the ground with his four arms. Liam then stretched out my arms with the two hands of his upper arms while the lower ones held my legs still, making sure that I was suspended in the air in front of him, with my shoulders facing him and my face facing Oliver.

"Sure! You don't know how happy I am to be the one to end the life of the most annoying hero on Earth. Do you want to do one last of your jokes before you die?" Oliver tells me after his colleagues help him get off the ground.

My eyes fall on his hands, where that green energy is accumulating again, and I see that the skin in that area is corroding, because he can no longer bear that power. A power that is not his, but that he has forcibly absorbed.

"Don't you understand that serum is destroying you? If you continue to abuse those powers you will die." I say.

"Ahah, that's a good line. What is it? Does it bother you that now even mere mortals like us have access to these powers? Now we can finally be gods too. Be happy Spider-Man, your death will be the symbol of the beginning of this new era!" Oliver says.

As Oliver speaks, his hands are wrapped more and more with green energy, so much so that his forearms are now wrapped by them. 

As that power builds up as he speaks, Oliver has lost even that little lucidity he had until recently. If before he was strangely apathetic when he spoke, now he is completely at the mercy of his emotions, his skin now has an abnormal pallor, the pupils of his eyes are dilated and his body has some involuntary muscle spasms.

In the meantime, as I analyze the current state of Oliver, who is raising his two arms towards me with difficulty, I see something moving at the beginning of a corridor that is on the right, behind Oliver and the group of criminals who are with him.

To be precise, I see a tuft of white hair, then a hand covered with a black glove.

Knowing that she caught my attention, the owner of that hand later starts counting down with her fingers from five.

As soon as there are only two fingers left, I begin to free myself. 

First I give a headbutt behind me, to hit Liam's face. After that I try to bring my hands closer to my chest and, although Liam is still stunned by my head, he tries with all his might to prevent me from doing this, however he fails. Once my hands, which still have their wrists surrounded by Liam's hands, are where I want them, I hit each of Liam's hands with my head in the knuckle area.

Since I had previously injured those hands, when I hit him again at that point where I had kicked him, he is forced to release his grip on my wrists because of the pain he is experiencing.

Although he has another pair of hands that are immobilizing my legs, it's not a problem to get rid of them, and once I do that, I make sure that both Liam and all the criminals behind him lie on the ground using my webs.

When I finish doing all this, as I calculated, Black Cat's countdown is over, and it's time for her to take action as well.

Swinging in Oliver's direction with her grappling hook, just as I do with my webs, she hits Oliver in the back with a knee, causing him to lose aim.

Instead of hitting me or accidentally hitting his colleagues who were near me, Oliver only hits the wall behind me, on which a huge hole forms after a few seconds.

Later, Black Cat retracts the grapple she had attached to the ceiling and she lands near where I am, later she positions her back against mine.

"For someone who told me not to worry and that could handle it on their own, you're not doing very well, honey." Black Cat says ironic.

"It often happens that I end up in this state or even worse, but in the end I always manage to be the last one standing. You didn't have to come and help me, but I appreciate it anyway. It's rare that someone helps me."

"It doesn't matter if you needed my intervention or not, I'm not helping you for free. Since you're making me do things I'm not supposed to do, when this whole thing is over, I expect a big reward from you."

"If you're expecting money or something like that, you picked the wrong person to ask for a reward because I'm just a poor little spider." I say jokingly, then I whisper, "How many hostages are left? Where is the painting?"

"I'll find a way for you to properly reward me, darling, don't worry." She says, then she whispers to me, "There are five left, I have them hiding in a room for now, since the exits are guarded. I hid the other thing somewhere else, and I already packed another similar bag with another painting in case we needed it."

"Well, since I'm gonna have to reward you anyway, do you want to help me teach these cheap thugs a lesson, or am I gonna go bankrupt when you finally show me the bill?" I ask while I see that the criminals who were down, including Liam and Oliver, who is on his knees, get up once again.

"I will do it with pleasure and it is also on the house, since they are part of the organization that stole my kittens. So, shall we start dancing?" Black Cat asks as the criminals begin to surround us.

2