c1
1.2k 4 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"--Leon-sama?"

 I came to my senses when the maid called out to me.

 What I see is a long corridor and the medieval scenery outside.

 I also saw a few maids staring at me curiously.

 I stare at my hands, feeling the atmosphere of a fantasy world that is not Japan by any means.

 I stare at my arms, my white skin and slender fingers not a part of body that I knew.

 And yet, I am fully aware of it.

" Master Leon, what's wrong? You don't seem to be feeling well. ......"

And you seem to have a different atmosphere. ......

"Oh, no, it's nothing. Never mind."

 The maids are anxious to get away from me as I say this with a smile on my face.

 After the maids were out of sight, I looked at my own reflection in the hallway window.

 Tall and lean, with medium-long black hair and blue eyes.

 My jacket, pants, and everything else was black, except for the red shirt.

 No doubt about it, I know this person.

 His name is Leon Ornstein, one of the characters from the game.

"No, no, no, why would I become Leon?"

 Surprised at my own unexpected composure, I recall what had happened.

 The last thing I saw was the game screen.

 The game I was obsessed with was, of course, the newly released "Sorcerer Awake."

 It's a great game that offers both freedom and quality, in which the player becomes a professional magician and runs around the vast areas of the Eternal Empire of Iliastir.

 The game, like the other reality, was the only thing I enjoyed.

 I would work late into the night as a company slave, come home, enjoy the game, and go back to work with very little sleep.

 Such a life must have continued for 10 days as far as I can remember.

 Toward the end of the game, I almost lost my consciousness, but I successfully defeated the hidden boss in "Sorcerer Awake" and received a full trophy.

 I was so happy, I was gutted, I felt a strange feeling in my heart - and then I died.

(...... you died straight away)

 I died from a heart attack as soon as I cleared the game.

 What a shabby way to die, I thought to myself.

 And if I had just become a character in the game, that would have been fine.

(If I wasn't the guy who was going to be the last boss, I would have been happy to be reincarnated.)

 So. This man I reincarnated is a villainous aristocrat who will eventually become the last boss.

 Count Ornstein's family is famous for their dark magic, but instead of being evil, they are a family that has defeated the evil "Demon King" who once tried to rule the world, and sealed him in their very bloodline.

 In short, they inherited the power of the Demon King and are trying to diminish it from generation to generation.

 The problem is that only in Leon's generation did the Demon Lord's power suddenly increase.

 And he is a dangerous man full of ambition.

 Leon realized his Demon Lord power two years ago, and now that he is 17 years old, he tries to unlock the Demon Lord's seal, using all sorts of tricks to get in the protagonist's good graces.

 Ultimately, he stands in front of the protagonist as the resurrected Demon King.

 In the process, he tricks people, entraps them, and sometimes even kills them, so he is a bad guy.

 On the surface, he was a nice young man, but when he showed his true nature as a prick, he earned the players' hatred even more.

 So, would I, reincarnated as Leon, do the same evil?

 The answer is no.

...... So in other words, if I don't do anything, the world will remain peaceful.

 I came all the way to the game world, and there's no way I would have messed things up myself.

I never thought I would complete a game I had struggled so hard to complete in just a few minutes. ......

 I had beaten the last boss without intending to.

 What is it about these days that I put my heart and soul into?

 I've been trying to level up, acquire magic, buy as many items as I can, and finally beat the last boss.

 I was thinking of taking a break when I heard that there was even a secret boss.

Oh, that's right.

 I clapped my hands, suddenly remembering a hidden feature of the game.

As I recall, there was a hidden boss sealed away in the basement of the Ornstein family mansion.

 Sorcerer Awake" is a huge game, and even after the final boss is defeated, there are still plenty of hidden features in the game.

 In particular, the hidden boss "The High King," which is more powerful than "The Demon King," was so strong that even I, who thoroughly enjoyed the game, thought, "I don't want to fight this one ever again."

 It was hard and strong, and to top it all off, it transformed and recovered all of its energy when its energy was depleted.

 I remember well that when I saw him transform for the third time, I shouted in my room, "You've got to be kidding me.

 And this High King, in fact, is in the Ornstein family mansion.

 To be precise, the High King is trapped, unknowingly so, in an iron box that has been shoved into a storage room in the basement of the mansion.

 The protagonist opens it, and once again the battle for the existence of the world starts.

"............"

 --What if someone who knew the location was able to get the box back?

 --If both the front and back bosses don't both rise from the dead?

......"--or bury it somewhere before someone finds it?

 My brain came to the conclusion with surprising ease.

 The man before the last boss gets rid of the sealed items of the hidden bosses.

 If neither the Demon King nor the High King revive, the Eternal Empire of Iliastir will be safe and peaceful, and there will be a happy ending.

 With the situation so well arranged, there was no way not to give it a try.

Once that's decided, let's hurry up and do the right thing.

 I nodded to myself and headed for the basement of the mansion.

 Fortunately, I had memorized the route to my destination, and I didn't have to ask anyone for directions or worry about getting lost.

 The basement of the mansion was terribly dark and filled with an ominous atmosphere.

'The boxes were in the farthest corner, among the junk. ......"

 The only light I could see was from the few lamps I had, and I walked down the hallway at the bottom of the stairs.

 However, there is no need to worry about monsters appearing only inside the mansion, and the underground map is simple and monotonous.

 I am confident that even if I close my eyes, I can reach the hidden boss without hitting the wall even once, because I have thoroughly searched around to make sure I did not forget to pick up any items.
 

    Besides, the map itself is not very large, and I reached the storeroom in no time at all.

 "Well, it's just a pile of junk."

"Okay, let's see, there's the box ......, yeah, there it is."

 I moved some of the junk out of the way, and a dull, shiny iron box appeared.

 The box, about the size of a soccer ball, was sealed with so many layers of clasps that even a large man wouldn't be able to open it.

 But I was grateful for that.

Now I just need to figure out where to hide it.

 As I recall, there was a large lake at the east end of the Ornstein family's territory.

 If I rowed the boat to the middle of the lake, put a weight on it, and sunk it, no one would find it.

"All right, let's get rid of the High King quickly before anyone comes along."

 I was about to leave the shed to dump the hidden boss at the bottom of the deep lake.

"Brother?"

 I heard a girl's voice and jumped up and down.

 I turned around to see if it was the maid or someone else, but it was someone I knew well.

"...... Luna?"

 It is Luna Ornstein, the younger sister of Leon Ornstein.

17