c9
495 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As is the case these times, in "Sorcerer Awake," the player can choose the gender of the protagonist - the player's alter ego - before the game begins.

 And if the player chooses a girl, Florence will be the controlling character.

 And she is very popular among the players.

 She is a full head shorter than me, with short light gold hair and emerald green eyes.

 She wears star-shaped ears, a jacket with lots of pockets, short shorts, short boots, and a belt that carries a cane as long as she is tall.

 And one of the largest breasts ...... of all the characters, I guess it doesn't matter.

 Anyway, she was pretty cute even behind the game screen, so it was no surprise that I couldn't help but admire her when I saw her directly.

"What's wrong? Oh, maybe there was some sauce on the potatoes I just ate?"

 I kept my mouth half open until Florence called out to me.

No, I was just a little confused and ...... never mind.

"Haha, that's weird!"

 Florence laughed at my hasty attempts to cover it up.

 The sun-like smile also captured the attention of game fans, including me.

"Oh, I haven't introduced myself yet! I'm Florence Majors, and who are you?"

"'I am? I'm Leon Ornstein."

"Ornstein, the great house? So you're the eldest son of the Countess that everyone in town is talking about!"

Oh, oh ......, Florence, that Florence from the town of Pohut?"

 It was a casual question, but right after I thought I had made a blunder.

"Wow,  How do you know who I am?"

 I had just met her for the first time, but I had talked about Florence as if I knew her.

 She was curious and had a keen intuition, so it was no wonder that she was interested in me.

I wondered if we had met somewhere before, or if perhaps you'd used your 'appraisal' magic on me?

 It's right, it's right in many ways.

 Or rather, it's right already!

"Wow, wait, it's close, it smells good, not far away ......."

 A softly fragrant flowery smell and two softness.

 The sparkling eyes, and I almost have a crush.

 As I was wondering what to do, or whether it might be a good idea to get a little closer with a beauty like Florence, my body was now pulled backwards.

'--You're being very flirty with someone you've never met before, you know?'

 I almost fell on my butt, and standing next to me was Luna.

"Luna ......?"

 And even if I could see it from her savings, her eyes are glazed over and she is getting annoyed.

"I am Luna Ornstein, the eldest daughter of Count Ornstein."

"Nice to meet you, Luna!"

Even with her, Florence smiles and asks for a handshake.

 Her cheerful personality, typical of the protagonist, is trusted by many in the story.

'Yes! Luna's going to take the exam, too, right? Then the three of us can apply together--"

 But Luna did not hesitate to express her spiteful attitude toward Florence.

"I won't have anything to do with you in eternity, and neither is my brother, It is true that I came here to take the exam for mages, but I am not stupid enough to form an alliance with a complete stranger. If you wish to apply, you are free to do so on your own."

 Luna grabbed my hand as she spoke quickly.

'Come on brother, let's get this done as soon as possible. Please come this way."

"Oh, wait!"

 Luna is not concerned about the confused look on my face or the surprised look on Florence's face as she rushes toward the information desk.

 I don't know what was bothering her, but her attitude wasn't good.

"Hey, come on, Luna. You're being a little harsh."

'My brother is naive. In this day and time, you never know when or where a thieving cat will jump out of the . coner....."

 Luna sniffed at her, as if she were the enemy.

"Kya!"

 Suddenly I heard a scream and the sound of something hitting the ground forcefully.

 When Luna and I turned around at the same time, we saw Florence falling down after being hit on the shoulder by a group of strange men who were trying to enter the magic information center.

"Florence!"

 The men who had bumped her glared at Florence as I rushed toward her, rubbing her lower back.

"Get out of the way!"

"I can't believe you're walking around with your head in the sand. ......"

 And instead of an apology, the words that came out were horrible.

"You're so arrogant for bumping into ...... someone, you know that?"

 I stopped a group of three people who were going to quickly go into the information center.

 The three guys who seemed to be a little older than me were wearing robes and staffs on their waists, and they looked like they were going to use magic.

 They were probably mages, I guessed.

"Knowing that we are 4th level mages, how can you behave like that?"

"What are your names? What is your rank as a Mage?"

 He must have a sense of privilege and pride in using magic, since he even asked whether I was a mage or not, and what rank I had, in addition to my name.

"Leon Ornstein. I'm applying for the exam today."

 Hearing the name Ornstein, the mages look at each other.

 It's uncomfortable to hear the family name and an apology, but it's better than no apology at all.

'The count's ...... Oh, I see. So the little boy came to the information center because he longed to become a mage."

 But what came out of his mouth was salutation without the slightest hint of pleasantry.

 It was a string of words that had no purpose other than to make fun of people.

"What do you want to say?"

What's your point, little boy? I don't suppose it would be difficult for you to become a mage?"

 The way they look at me as I wake Florence up, I don't think their eyes are very much directed at a nobleman.

 Certainly, in the setup, the absolute number of mages is not large.

 There are no training schools, so the only way to learn is by self-study, and most of them give up after being eliminated from the examinations.

 Most of them are rejected by the exam. Therefore, it is not surprising that they mistakenly think that they are better than others.

 I knew that mages are valued and respected, but to instill the idea of an electorate is troubling.

"The Ornstein siblings are said to be very talented, but the fact that they haven't become mages yet makes the rumors suspect. Especially the older one there."

'I'm 13, though, and I'd already qualified for the fifth level!"

 Whether 13 years old or 5th grade, the people who hear about it are not interested in it with all their hearts.

 One of the mages pointed at us, laughing without regard to the eyes of those around him.

"Master Leon, I suggest you return to the mansion before you get hurt in the exam and suffer the pain. It's your job to put on a smile like you always do, isn't it?"

'It's not up to you guys to decide if I can make it or not, is it?"

'That's right, you won't know until you try!'

 I said coldly, and Florence came running up next to me.

I was born in the far west and I'm self taught in magic, but I'm going to become a first class mage! I don't care who laughs at me, that's my dream!

 She is a strong, determined, and brave girl who is determined to follow her dream, even against mages much older than she is.

 Bullish, winsome, and courageous, she is the hero who pulls everyone along with her.

 This exchange sums up the reason why I'm secretly rooting for Florence Majors, you see?

"That's why. I'll outrun you guys in a heartbeat."

 I can't show her I'm not tough guy.

 I smiled wickedly at the mages.

t/n I know it's sound like begging , but pls rate this series on nu https://www.novelupdates.com/series/i-was-reincarnated-as-a-villainous-aristocrat-who-is-the-last-boss-and-i-get-the-power-of-the-secret-boss-and-become-the-worlds-strongest-magician/

 

7