c11
426 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Oh, no, no, no, my body is trembling. ......"

 It's hard to tell what has happened to the mage's trembling body, but my eyes certainly see it.

The black chains that bind the enemy's entire body.

 This is one of the spells only the Demon King is allowed to use, the "Soul Eater's Chain Prison" - an wicked spell that can drag a soul to the abyss if it so chooses.

It is not a mere hallucination, but a chain that is manifested by kneading the Demon King's magical power into it. He cannot even talk on his own will, and he won't be able to move for a few days.

"How did you... ......"

"Oh, here come the guards. Your bragging about being a mage won't work in the Knights' order."

 However, it's not me who's going to send them to hell, it's the arriving guards.

 The Knights of the Round Table's organization, the Guard of Honor, constantly patrols the city and intervenes if there is any trouble.

 In the game, I remember there were a few times when I had to run away from these guys.

"Excuse me, I heard there was a noise here!"

" Master Leon Ornstein, are you all right?

 I'm on their side now,

 I hate to say it, but I'm the son of the Ornstein family, Master Ornstein.

'I've had a rough time with him. A mage bumped into my friend and threatened to use magic on her, so I fought back."

 The mages scrambled to their feet, staring at the lightly armed, but still armed, guards.

 If they're afraid of the guards, they should have just apologized from the start and avoided trouble.

 I pat the guys on the back, disgusted at their stupidity, which is no different from that of today's hoodlums.

If all the guards are here, then we're all safe now. Can I leave the rest to you?"

"Yes, you can! Leave it to us!"

 The Mages, who were staring at me grudgingly, as if wanting to say something, were soon surrounded by the patrolmen and out of sight.

 I could hear the voices of the people behind me as I walked with Luna and Florence.

 Everyone was happy for me and impressed by my magic.

(Ha-ha-ha, I said I would stop being a villain, but now I'm in my full villain aristocrat mode.)

I couldn't seem to stop myself from doing this, even if it made me sound like a prickly villain.

 ◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

Shortly afterwards, Luna, Florence, and I were sitting around a table at the "General Magic Information Center".

 Inside the information center was a spacious café, literally a place for mages to relax.

 We also got an application form for the exam at the counter and decided to take a break.

"Then, to celebrate the formation of the Mage Exam Party, let's have a toast!"

'Or, cheers ......?"

"You're just saying it's a party, right?"

 But - I still didn't understand why they were so enthusiastic with their mugs in their hands.

 Luna was the one who made the comment for me, but Florence, who is much more high-spirited than I had imagined, did not just clam up, but leaned forward and got excited.

"All these people who are going to become 5th level mages are here, and on top of that, we killed a bad guy! This is definitely destiny!'

'I'm sorry, but I don't believe in anything other than the destiny that will come between me and my brother."

"Ah, yes! I still haven't properly introduced myself!"

"Are you listening to me?"

 If the "tskkomi" doesn't work, Luna shows a salty response, but this one is almost as ineffective as the others.

 I'm enjoying the lively personality of the protagonist, so I'm ready to continue the conversation at the same rate.

"My name is Florence Majors! I came from the western city of Pohut to Vantis to become a mage! My dream is to become one of the greatest mages of the first class and leave my name in history! My favorite food is stew, and I don't have anything I don't like."

 Florence smiles, I giggle, and Luna sniffs.

 Oh, I know who is she so well.

 I also know that she will eventually become a genius mage who can handle magic of all attributes.

I also know that she is a cool girl who is willing to endure any hardship in order to achieve her dream of becoming a first-class mage.

And that there is no information center in Pohut, which is why she came here.

"Once again, I am Leon Ornstein, son of Count Ornstein, who governs this land".

'I am Luna Ornstein. I don't care who you are, Miss Florence, but please don't make any more contact with my brother than you should".

"By " brother," do you mean Leon-kun?"

'Aah! Don't adress my brother with 'kun'!"

 Florence questioned, and this time Luna leaned forward, tapping the table.

Why? Leon-kun is Leon-kun, isn't it strange for me to call him Ornstein-kun?"

"I'm going to kill you!"

 Luna's frown almost reveals fangs in her mouth, even though she did not use any transformation magic.

"I think it would be more polite to call him " Leon-sama " with more respect. Like those misunderstood idiots earlier, is it fashionable these days for rude people to become mages?"

"Rude, huh? There are many people who mistakenly believe that being able to use magic is a privilege?'

 Luna sighs in disgust.

"There have always been a lot of arrogant mages. They think they are the chosen ones, the ones who can use magic. Even though they are only one of the many mages in the empire."

 Ah, come to think of it, I sometimes see this in "Sorcerer Awake" as well.

 There were sometimes guys for whom the only thing in life was being able to use magic.

 The nasty part is, it's still the same as in the game.

 At any rate, the first question that had been on my mind had been resolved, but the other question was still unresolved, and it was affecting me in an ongoing way.

"By the way, Luna? Why are you sitting on my lap?"

 For some reason, Luna is sitting on my lap, not the chair next to me.

 And Luna has been clinging to me since before we even sat down at the table, and for some reason, she never seems to want to move away from me, not even for a moment.

 When she even turned on the receptionist at the information desk, I wondered if she was still a little chimera.

"I never know when a thieving cat or a fox lady will make a playful gesture toward you! I will guard you well, so don't worry!"

 And when I asked why, it went something like this.

 The excessive concern for my safety may have something to do with my collapse in the basement.

 I was not very inclined to move Luna away from me when I thought of that.

'Look, big brother! Please hug me more so I don't get separated from you."

 Luna's arms were around my waist, and for some reason, she made me hug her tighter.

 The waist is so thin that it is hard to believe that it is strong enough to blow away a large adult, but it makes me realize that she is a girl after all!

 Florence, on the other hand, does not seem to wonder about the relationship between the two of us, but rather seems to think that it's just a nice thing to have a close relationship between siblings.

'What do you think? Isn't it relaxing to hug your sister?'

"This is something that makes me feel uncomfortable. ......'

 I gave up moving Luna with mixed feelings of happiness and annoyance.

 
6