c13
347 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

--You're being very hasty, Luna. You want me to go along with your magical training."

 A few days after I had met Florence and applied for the Mage Qualification Exam, I was in the courtyard of the Ornstein family mansion with Luna.

 Surrounded by trees and with a large water fountain in the center, the garden is a place of relaxation for all residents of the mansion, but right now only Luna and I are present.

}The day after tomorrow is the 5th level mage certification exam. Me and brother should be able to get through it without any trouble, but we have to be careful just in case.}

 As I said before, it was Luna's suggestion to clash magic with magic.

As I told you at the general information center, the mage exam is dangerous and harsh. Does my brother know what happened at the last qualifying exam for 4th level mages held in the Imperial Capital?"

'No, I don't know. ...... what happened?'

 After a slight pause, Luna said with a mysterious look on her face.

Out of the twenty participants, half of them died. The other half, too, were all wounded.'

 Ten people died.

 My eyes widened when I heard that.

"The test itself was a simple one of defeating monsters, but it was against a pack of 'dangerous' monsters. Moreover, they were in an unusually short breeding cycle, and showed unexpected ferociousness."

 Having played "Sorcerer Awake" all the way to the trophy, I know just how horrifying Luna's story is.

 Dangerous monsters, like the Evil Golem, are monsters that can only be defeated by a Knight of the Imperial City, and one of them can wipe out a whole village.

 Moreover, due to the game system, all of their stats increase by nearly 50% during the breeding cycle.

 Regardless of how the numbers are reflected in this world, if they actually went berserk, a novice mage would not be able to do much about it.

The result was a disastrous situation in which only half of the candidates made it back alive. Even the 3rd level mages who were in charge of watching over the candidates had to fend for themselves.

It's a mess. ...... Is there no blame on the Mages' Association for such a situation?"

'The application form stated. 'All responsibility is assumed by the applicant.'"

"I guess that explains why we don't have enough Mages. ......"

 When the disregard for human life goes this far, one can only laugh dryly.

 If we're going to take that kind of test, I'm worried not only about us, but also about Florence.

Anyway, you can never be too cautious. I'm going to call Florence, too, now that I've come all this way."

'No need!"

'What?"

 However, Luna stopped me from calling Florence with a serious look on her face.

"I don't want anyone other than my brother to see all my magic!'

"But isn't it important that we know each other's magic?"

'My brother is naive,It's not enough to talk about it, but for a mage to reveal his magic to someone who is different from him! It's no different from showing off one's naked body!"

"Then, doesn't that mean that Luna is showing me her naked body?"

'That's the intent! If my brother wants, I'll even take off my clothes right here and now!"

As soon as I said that, I hurriedly stop Luna from putting her hand on her one-piece dress.

"Okay, fine! You don't have to take your clothes off!"

 Luna has a good point, but this is where it all goes to hell.

Anyway, I want my brother to see every part of me, not just the magic, but I say a definite no to the rest of the world! Please understand my maiden heart, brother!"

"Well, ...... girl's heart or not, if that's what Luna says, then I guess I have no choice."

 Well, it's not enough to call Florence to ruin Luna's mood, which she doesn't like.

 She is the protagonist of "Sorcerer Awake" and has high specs.

 Besides, I can protect her if the situation calls for it.

"For now, let's see what Luna can do. Feel free to throw your magic at me."

 For the time being, I steered her in the direction of seeing how Luna was doing, and she smiled at me.

Yes! Transformation magic 'Metamorphose'--Chimera!"

 With a snap of her fingers, her arms transformed into lion arms with sharp claws, and a venomous colored tail appeared from inside her dress.

 Almost without a pause, Luna charged me with her tail.

 If it's as powerful as the one that blew the mage away with the Vantis, it could rip my arm off if I try to repel it with my bare hands.

The Abyss Wall of Jet darkness."

 I strike the ground with black magic power from my palm, and a thick, black wall appears.

 The snake that struck it grunts in pain and then slithers back to Luna.

"As expected of my brother," If it were a normal magic defense, it would have pierced through, but you prevented the blow of my tail!"

 I was right to knead more magic into it, just in case.

"But the chimera's claws are much more vicious than its tail!"

 Perhaps judging that the snake's straight line attack would not work, Luna leapt up with her tail like a spring and now wielded her lion's claws.

 Certainly, the magic would not be launched in time for an attack that jumped over the wall.

 But it's not just the demon king over here - there is also the power of the hidden boss, the High King.

 I stopped the incoming claw strike by grabbing it with my strengthened arm.

"High King's Style Physical Activation"". If it's a physical battle, then I'll do whatever I want."

"I didn't expect you to grab the claw with your bare hands,......."

 Holding her claws, I threw Luna's body away, and she made a spectacular landing like rhythmic gymnastics, supporting herself with her tail so she wouldn't fall over.

 If a third party had been watching the process up to this point, it would appear that Luna was hitting me without any reservation at all.

 As for me, I don't think Luna is giving it her all.

I don't think Luna is giving it her all, though. Your attacks don't seem as sharp as the last time you defeated a Mage, do they?"

......After all, my brother saw right through me, huh?"

 With a troubled look on her face, Luna lowered her claws and tail.

All magic directed at your beloved brother seems to control his power unconsciously. I try not to hurt or apply it as much as possible,......."

 I see.

 I would be hesitant to use magic on my family.

"I'm sorry ...... for exposing such an ugly scene in the training that I myself initiated, brother."

 Luna's voice was serious as she bowed her head deeply.

 It was not a good thing to lecture her or stop her training at this point.

 

 Instead, I should motivate her.

(But I have no idea what Luna likes, since she has almost no screen time. ......)

 To motivate her to do anything, it is best to give her a reward.

 However, since it has been less than a month since we first met Luna, carelessly offering her an item may further weaken her motivation and fighting spirit.

 If that is the case, it would be best to give Luna a choice.

"How about this, Luna? What if I tell you that if you make me say I"'m beaten,' I'll do whatever you want me to do?

 With that thought in mind, I told Luna that I would give her all the power.

 Luna immediately looked up.

 She looked at me with an animal-like greed and greediness in her eyes.

6