c15
299 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Two days after the training with Luna, Florence and I gathered in front of a certain forest a short distance away from the city of Vantis.

 Of course, it wasn't for forest bathing or bird watching.

 When we applied for the exam, we were asked to meet here on the morning of the exam.

 And I know where this place is - the Forest of Examinations, where the first big event of Sorcerer Awake, the 5th level Mage Qualification Examination, begins.

 It's not a naturally existing forest, but a forest managed by mages.

The "Forest of Exams" ...... I never thought I'd come here again."

 As I was lost in thought and emotion, Luna tilted her head.

"Have you ever been to the forest before, brother?"

"Oh, no, I'm talking about over here".

 Florence's eyes are shining next to mine as I digress.

"Oh, wow, wow, wow, I can't believe there are so many people who want to be mages besides us! That means we are all rivals with the same dream!"

 Many future Mages who have come to take the exam are gathered around us.

 From strong men to slender women, from young to old, men and women of all ages, there are a wide variety of people.

"There are at least 20 of them, no matter how I look at it. And the ones who will pass the exam are ......."

"Ten percent of them, or zero.'

 A hushed voice interrupted my muttering as I looked around.

 I heard a voice that was neither Luna nor Florence, and I turned to see an old man with a cane standing before I knew it.

 His white beard and deep blue robe were the look of a wizard.

"Are you ......?"

 I asked, and the old man laughed.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Dalivy 3rd class Mage and I'm the examiner for the 5th class Mage certification exam. I'm here today to tell you what you need to know about the exam."

 When Daliv" introduced himself, the examinees were in an uproar.

Ju, class 3 mage ......

"Master of Magic ......!"

 Judging from this reaction, it seems that being a level three magician is quite elite.

 I'm sure Luna is surprised too, but I've never seen this character before in the game, so I'm not sure how great he is in my mind.

 Maybe he was one of the mage mob in the Imperial capital.

I'll get right to the point and tell you what this exam is all about.

 As I was thinking this, Dalivy began to speak.

"I want you all to collect the Pass Certificate, which is hidden in the 'Forest of Examinations'. The first five examinees who come to me with this paper will be the first to pass the exam."

 Only five people out of more than 20 participants.

 It sounds ridiculously small, but if one considers that 20% of the participants can pass the test, it may be much easier than the test Luna was talking about.

Five people. ...... So, apart from me, Luna, and Florence, there are only two slots left.

'If we monopolize it, there's a chance they'll fight over it. In that case, let's say that my brother and I escape alone and let that fox vixen be sacrificed."

"Don't be so nasty, Luna."

 While I was lightly poking Luna's shoulder, the conversation continued.

But there are tamed monsters loose in the forest. You won't die if you're not careful, but you won't be able to get out of the ...... medical center for a while."

 Dalivy's explanation caused a flurry of unease among the examinees.

'Monsters?!"

"What kind of monsters are there, and how many ...... are there?"

If I tell you that, you won't be able to take the exam.

 Dalivy's voice sharpened a little.

'If you become a mage, you will be asked to accompany adventurers and researchers around, and you may even be asked to risk your life. If you're not ready for that, you should drop out of the exam."

 Well, he has a good point.

 It is not enough for a mage to just stay in his room and continue studying magic after qualifying, and that is a prerequisite.

 If they do not contribute to the empire by defeating monsters or giving lectures in the capital, they will end up being disqualified.

 In other words, it is not an easy way to earn money.

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes! I love adventure!

 Florence, who had become a mage out of pure admiration for the profession and had no trouble working her way up to the first level, could be said to be a natural candidate for the job.

 Dalivy, who sees her golden hair swinging and bouncing, also looks somewhat pleased.

"......, you're a very interesting girl."

"I think that's a mistake."

 Luna says this, but I'd like to imitate Florence's energy, too.

"Is that so? I like a girl as energetic as Florence."

"I love adventures! I'm looking forward to working with you!'

"Ho-ho-ho. I'm glad you're motivated, but don't let it go to waste."

 Luna stood up and shouted an uncharacteristic line, and Dalivy laughed.

"In addition, the certificates are hidden by magic, so you will never find them if you look for them randomly. You are a Mage's egg, and you must use your magic to get through the exam!"

 I hear the sound of all the examinees swallowing their spit.

 Dalivy probably meant it as a little threat, but that didn't faze me, Luna, or Florence.

'Treasure hunting and monster slaying...... sounds kind of exciting!"

'It's a drinker, isn't it? I don't care if you get carried away and get eaten by a monster and lose a limb.'

"I'll make sure that doesn't happen."

"Thanks, Leon."

"Brother?!'

  Dalivy tapped the ground with her cane as Luna jumped up with a wild cry.

Well, I think it's time to start the exam. I'll tell you first, on my signal, everyone here will be magically sent somewhere in the forest.

"...... what?""

 Almost simultaneously, the attention of everyone in the room turned to the point.

'I don't know if such a rule exists".

 Only I was lost in thought.

"There is no time to be amazed - the exam is about to begin!"

 Dalivie tapped the ground with his stick with such force that my vision suddenly became distorted.

 No, not just me, but everyone else - we were all floating.

"Aaaaahhhh!"

 My scream was simultaneous with a sudden visceral floating sensation.

5