c16
280 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I closed my eyes for a moment and then opened them, feeling the ground under my feet, to find that I was no longer at the entrance to the forest.

 I seem to have been transported to a forest full of trees by an instantaneous movement.

 Although this is the first time I've been here since my reincarnation, the sensation I got playing "Sorcerer Awake" certainly tells me where this place is.

"It's exactly like the 'exam forest' I had seen in the ...... game. ......"

 It's the same starting point as when I took the 5th level mage exam in the game.

 The destination, the goal, and the route should also be roughly the same.

 The problem is that the content of the exam is almost completely different from the game, and it's not clear whether or not I will be able to meet up with Luna and Florence.

 If I'm not careful, I may have to take the test by myself.

"Brother!"

 But that was a groundless fear.

 Luna came running out of the trees, so quiet that not even a bird could be heard chirping.

Are you all right, Luna? Were you attacked by any monsters on the way?"

'No need to worry .   I haven't encountered any monsters, and even if I had, Luna Ornstein would not be falling for a monster ...... haha"

 Luna was explaining to me how strong she is, but then she suddenly looked as if she had noticed something.

"......Ah, I've been alone for a very long time, and I've been anxious ...... brother!"

 Then she suddenly looked a little anxious and jumped into my chest.

 I can kind of understand that Luna was being a bit tough on me.

 I think she's been on her guard as the brilliant daughter of the Ornstein family for a long time, and it's better to be like this and let her anxiety out when no one's around.

 If she doesn't want to show any weakness during the exam, I'll make sure she's protected.

"Don't worry, I'm here now."

"Dear brother,...... I'm so happy,......!"

 When I gently patted her head, I heard Luna's mellow voice coming from her chest.

 I guess she must have missed me so much, because she put her hand around my back.

 If it were true, I would like to keep doing this until Luna calms down, but since Florence, another party member, has not been located, I can't just stand here all the time.

By the way, I don't see Florence. Don't tell me she's been sent away?"

 I looked around, and Luna looked up.

I'm very sorry to hear that, it's hard to go to all the trouble of looking for her, so we have no choice but to pass the exam alone, just you and me, bro.ー."

 Is it my imagination or is it that she is reading the words in a very stilted manner and looks dissatisfied?

 It's as if she doesn't want her alone time with me to be interrupted.

 ...... No, no, no, it's impossible for the well-behaved Luna to be like that, isn't it?

"--Lion-kun! Luna-chan!"

 As I did so, I heard Florence's voice from deep in the forest.

I think I heard her voice. It sounds like she's nearby.

"I can't hear it. It's an auditory hallucination, let's go."

 Luna insisted that it was a hallucination, but my ears were not so deaf.

 I gently let go of my sister, and this time the voice comes from closer to me.

"Hey, you two! Over here!"

 Within a few seconds, Florence bursts out of the grass and trees.

 Like Luna, Florence was not injured, nor did she seem to have been attacked by anything.

"Florence!"

"Tsk!"

 I thought I heard a click of the tongue from somewhere, but that was just an audible hallucination.

"You don't seem to be hurt. Thank God you're all right. I thought you were far away."

"I'm so relieved that you two are okay! I'm as good at recovery magic as I am at defense magic!"

"Yes, I'll be counting on you."

 It would be nice if I could pass the exam without relying on magic recovery if at all possible, but having a healer/ defender gives me a much greater sense of security than not having one.

 I feel like the exam will start only when all three of us are present.

By the way, where are we? I know we're in the " examination forest," but there are trees everywhere, and I don't know which way is left or right!

 Now, Florence's concern is that we have no map or landmarks.

 I don't have the map totally memorized, and moving around in the game is different from actually walking around.

 --Well, I can't speak for myself, but if I'm around, I'm sure everything will be fine.

"I'll take care of that matter . I know where to go."

But, brother, the items are cleverly and mysteriously concealed, you know? Besides, from what I can see, the forest is quite large, and there is no map, so I don't ...... know where to start looking."

"I told you I know where to go. Don't worry, I have something more useful than a map."

 I concentrate my magical power in my left eye, which is hidden by an eye patch.

 My right eye closed and my left eye slowly opened inside the eye patch and my eye glowed blue.

"Magic Detection Hypersearch."

 And my vision changed to only black and white.

 To be more accurate, the space was filled with pitch black, and only the outlines were clearly visible in white.

 Luna, Florence, the trees, and the ground are all black, but the shapes are formed by white lines, so you can clearly see who is where.

 And that's not all - I can see far and wide as if my eyes themselves had a zoom function, and only the magic power shines through in a golden glow.

 The glowing sphere around the heart of my companion is the proof of magic power.

 Naturally, I can also see the same examinees wandering around.

 --I'm sure there's a pass certificate hidden in various places.

(I can see far, because of my limited magical detection ability. I can see the location of Dalivy's 3rd level mage and the pass certificate very clearly.)

 There is no better power to search for something hidden by magic than the power of the eye to detect magic.

 After I had firmly memorized the location of the certificate, I deactivated my ability and nodded.

"Okay, I've got a rough idea of where the pass certificates are. Let's get the three of us together first."

'What? You already know where the items are?"

"As expected of my brother ......, you are far ahead of my expectations ......!"

 When the protagonist and my sister praise me, even I can't help but smile a little bit.

Hey, hey, praise won't bring you anything..."

 I scratched my head to cover it up.

"Aaaaah!'

 A man's scream came from deep in the forest.

 The cheerful atmosphere was suddenly replaced by a rush of tension between the two of us.

 It was hard to imagine who or what he had encountered that made him scream like that.

......It seems that the monsters are here.

 With my murmur, the grass and trees swayed in the distance.

t/n check  out series that i picked up https://www.scribblehub.com/series/975989/what-if-the-villainous-aristocrat-who-is-the-middle-boss-remembers-his-previous-life-and-gains-knowledge-of-the-game--i-will-never-accept-a-future-in/

6