c19
211 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"-- So, all the examinees who were taking the Level 5 Mage Qualification Examination are now retired, huh? Except for the three of us here."

 Some time after the attack of the examiners, we were gathered at the entrance of the "examination forest" where we had been by the magic of Dalivy's third-level mage.

 Naturally, neither I, Luna, nor Florence were harmed in any way by the examiners.

 As the old man said, we beat them all back and collected the certificates for the number of people who had passed.

 And when the total number of losers + examinees beaten by the monster was less than three, the exam came to an end.

"I thought I was going to leave five people in the exam, but these people are so gutless."

 Dalivy sighed, and the candidates shrugged as she glared at them.

I didn't think Count Ornstein's kid could be as strong ...... as he is."

"If this is how it's going to be, we should have fought the monsters from the start."

  Luna sniffed, as if looking down on the disgusting people.

"They are the ones who turned on me and my brother, and that's the end of their fortunes".

"It was really bad luck for them to get into a fight with Luna and Florence, let alone me."

 These guys are talking about Ornstein, but from my perspective, they should have been more careful with the other two than with Leon Ornstein.

"Luna's aggressive transformation magic and Florence's backup. The two of them work so well together that they could wipe everybody out even if I didn't get in between them."

"I'm sure you're right! We are the strongest duo, right?"

"Please don't rub my shoulders, it's uncomfortable, please leave now."

 Luna is trying to pull away from Florence who is clinging to her, looking annoyed and depressed.

 I guess some people would probably call this kind of thing "tete-a-tete".

"Anyway, ...... Leon Ornstein, Luna Ornstein, and Florence Majors. I see you three have passed the exam with honors".

 Dalivy clears his throat, and we stand up straight and turn to face him.

"I've seen the whole examination through the magic, and I've seen your unique magic, your skill in using it, and your courage in not being intimidated by monsters. It seems that you had what it takes to become a mage even before the exam began."

"'We're being praised by a level-three mage!"

'Well ...... well, of course. The Ornstein family name is on our shoulders'.

 The old man nodded at them as they frolicked, and shifted his gaze to me.

"Especially you, Leon Ornstein. You've mastered a number of magics that I don't even know about. ...... You might easily get a fourth level qualification if you're good enough."

"You're overpaying for it."

 I have no idea what kind of magic he used, but I don't like the idea of him watching me fight.

 My magic is magic + the High King's foul, and I'm basically not supposed to reveal its seeds to anyone but my friends.

"The three of you will be getting your qualification cards from the information desk soon. From the moment you receive them, you will be mages who will serve your country and protect others. Do not forget that."

 In spite of my thinking, Dalivie clapped her hands in front of the delighted examinees.

The qualification exam is now over! Let's dismiss ......."

 And so, this time, the qualification exam was about to end.

What is it ......?"

 Suddenly, my feet trembled.

 At first I thought it was just my imagination, but gradually I began to feel a definite vibration, so loud that the trees moved from side to side.

'Hey, hey, isn't the ground shaking?'

And there's some kind of weird voice ......."

 While the examinees are talking about what happened, I notice something strange about my body.

 I felt a burning pain coming up inside my eye patch.

(My left eye is throbbing, like a hot ...... heart. ......!)

 I suppress my eye and bend over.

 I didn't expect to have experienced " Quiet my left eye" twice in such a short period of time, but the pain I'm experiencing now is nothing like the outburst of power I had last time.

 It's not a reaction to an outpouring of energy.

 The pain is like a ringing, steady signal.

 It's as if it's calling out to something--

'--Brother, something is coming!"

 Luna's voice rushed to me as I struggled against the pain that was similar to stabbing my eyeballs.

 I heard it, and just as the vibration reached its peak, the shaking stopped for a moment.

'Luna, Florence, get back !"

 The ground cracked just as I warned the two of them that the shaking had stopped and that it was dangerous.

"Aaaaah!

 As if in response to the overlapping screams of everyone here, something swelled up and crawled out from the cracked ground.

 The black, bizarre sphere, tentacles extending from the body, and countless eyes.

""CURRULULU......!""

 The bizarre appearance is unmistakably that of a monster.

This is ...... the Hell Eater!

"Hell Eater? How did a 'dangerous' monster get here?!"

 And if the examiners' conversations are correct, it must be a very powerful and dangerous monster.

 I know that much.

 In video games, it's the kind of enemy that appears not only in the early stages of the game, but also in the latter part of the game.

"It is not a monster that I have prepared for you. It seems to have been hit by powerful magic and awakened from its long sleep".

 The pain in my eyes began to subside as the calm Mage Dalivy began to explain.

 I was not sure if the powerful magical power was the magical power of the Demon King.

 And since it seems he was asleep, Mage Dalivy did not know he existed, nor did he react to my search.

"You stay back, I'll just have to tame him and make him calm down."

 Dalivie took the lead in a flurry of questions.

 The Hell Eater was staring down at the old man.

"What do you think? This Dalivie, a third-grade mage, will take it easy on you..."

"Gyuaaaah!

"Gob!"

 Before the old man could use his magic, the sphere waved its tentacles.

 It flexed like a black whip, striking Dalivy's head and knocking him to the ground.

whoa whoa whoa ...... gag."

 After a few moments of convulsive spasms and cramps, the old man passed out--.

"--run away oooooooohhhh!"

 Starting with someone's scream, panic fell over the surrounding area.

3