c20
187 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This situation ...... is quite bad!"

 The mage we were to rely on was knocked out with a single blow, and in front of us was a dangerous class of monster.

 It's no wonder everyone is panicking except for me, Luna and Florence.

 It's not unreasonable, but if left unchecked, we'd all be fodder for the monster.

'Luna, take the Mage Dalivy and leave! I'll take the examiners, Florence, you go ahead and escape!"

 Luna nodded her head when she heard the instructions, but only Florence shook her head strongly.

"I don't like that! I'll help you, Leon!"

"That Hell Eater is a dangerous monster ......."

  To be honest, I had no intention of letting her fight alongside me, no matter how much of a hero and genius she was, she was still nothing more than a young Mage's embryo.

 But when I saw Florence's eyes fixed on me, I knew exactly what to do.

 It's impossible to convince her of the flames of justice that burn within her.

'...... well, it's impossible to deal with a girl who never once cracked in a story, I guess.'

 I nodded, feeling both disappointed and impressed, and clapped Florence on the shoulder.

I'll use my magic to blinding the Hell Eater, and Florence can move the examinees as far away from here as possible! If you made it that far, good job!"

"Alright, let's do this!"

 Then, turning to the Hell Eater, I held up my hand toward the one-eyed monster that was about to prey on the examinees who were now flailing about.

"Five Demons in a Row!"

 Then, a wall in the form of a side-by-side Demon King immediately blocked the Hell Eater's view.

 I can hear the sound of the monsters swinging tentacles and attacking, but unfortunately, that wall in the shape of a physical monster is just a hallucination.

 Nevertheless, it is enough to buy time for the simple-minded monsters.

"Gather round, 'Wind Carry'!"

 In the meantime, Florence manipulated the wind to gather the examinees and put them all on a magically created cloud.

"What the hell is this?!"

"The wind is carrying us, wow, wow!"

 The surprised crowd quickly leaves the forest, still carried by the clouds.

 I see, the wind magic is going to pick everyone up and carry them out of the forest like a cab.

 I had thought that it would take a long time to get them out of there one by one, but Florence's ideas really amazed me.

 I was amazed at Florence's creativity.

 Thanks to Luna, the evacuation was almost over by the time the Mage Dalivy escaped.

"Brother, I led Mage Dalivy out of the forest!"

Good, now there's no one left to see my spells. Now all I have to do is smash that eyeball ......."

 Just - not completely.

" Hee, hee, hee ......!"

 There was a woman sitting in the blind spot between Florence and me, behind a tree.

"Leon, look!"

"Shit, someone didn't make it out of there!"

 Even the human eye could see it, so there was no way the big-eyed one could not have guessed it.

"Gyo-oh-oh-oh!"

 The Hell Eater, more interested in the living human than in the demon-imitating wall, sent its tentacles into the woman who had failed to escape with sufficient vigor.

 The whip-like tentacles tried to ensnare the woman, but a moment later

"Watch out!"

 Florence pushed her away before I could cast a spell.

"Florence!"

"Aaaaahhhh!"

 Naturally, it was Florence who was wound up by the tentacles.

 The woman, who was saved in the nick of time, was just sitting there with her mouth hanging open.

Oh, why, why, why ......!

"I was protecting you, and I got caught. Anyway, I'll try ...... to keep you awake."

"Ugh."

 There's no point in talking about it any more, so I'll just let her pass out for the time being.

 After putting her down on the floor, Luna and I looked down at the tentacle-wielding Hell Eater and Florence, who was flying around in mid-air.

"It's not good, brother! That monster is going to use Florence as a hostage!"

Yeah, I guess so.

"Run away, both of you! I'll manage to buy you some time here ......!"

 The tighten Florence is willing to sacrifice herself, but we can't be convinced.

"Buying time, huh? I appreciate the gesture, but what are you going to do looking like that?"

 In the first place, I was careless and it turned out like this, so there's no way I could leave her alone.

What are you going to do, Luna? If you hate Florence, you can leave here with the examiners.

'I don't at all like that nagging Florence, but I would never leave my brother to fight a monster alone."

I knew you would say that, Luna!"

 I clap Luna on the shoulder and she smiles wryly and turns into a 'chimera'.

'Florence, please just stay still, okay? If you move carelessly, will you lose any of your limbs here......ra!"

 Then she jumped with all her might, and with her fangs - a snake instead of a tail - she bit off the tentacle that was holding Florence as hard as she could.

"Gaaaahhhh!"

 The Hell Eater screams in agony, perhaps not expecting to have its tentacles ripped off.

 Luna landed in the gap, holding Florence in her arms.

Nice one, Luna! Take the follow-up, 'Jet Black Wave Blast Burn'!

"Gyuugiii!

 The wave released from his fingertips blew away the Hell Eater.

 I ran up to Florence, judging that I had made an opening.

'Florence, are you hurt?"

"Oh, thank you,......, Leon, Luna,......."

"I guess you're still the same about getting pinched for protecting someone else."

 I'm a bit of a daredevil, and I have a strong sense of justice, and that's why I get in a pinch a lot.

 But - I like that about HER, and it made me realize once again that I was enjoying the game.

 And on top of that, I felt a strong sense of remorse in the pit of my stomach that I couldn't forgive the guy who almost hurt Florence.

""Well,"He messed with my frriend...."

 So I didn't hesitate anymore.

"Don't think you're going to have an easy death."

 I took off the eye patch from my left eye.

 At the same time as the red and blue pupil was exposed to the open air, a light like a flame of two different colors emanated from it.

3