c22
435 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Now we are finally qualified to be magicians"."

 On the next day, we came out of the information center.

 In our hands, we held a piece of flat paper.

 We were grateful to be recognized as 5th level magicians with just this one piece of paper.

"In the end, it was easy. But still, ......"

  Normally, I would be pleased if I could get a qualification, but Luna, on the other hand, was puffing her cheeks out in frustration.

"The Mage Dalivy was only lightly injured, and the other examinees were unharmed, but I can't believe that my brother's accomplishments were barely recognized! Moreover, that old fool told a big lie that he was actually the one who made the monster weak!"

 Because our achievement in defeating the Hell-Eaters was completely given to Mage Dalivy.

 I didn't say anything because I didn't think it was important, but from Luna's perspective, she was quite frustrated.

 I mean, the other examiners must have seen that old man knocked out with a single blow, but they could easily believe such a huge blunder.

 I wonder if it was thanks to his title of "3rd class mage" or something.

'I'll have no choice but to knock out the old man and let Vantis know that my brother is stronger than he is!"

" You don't have to do that. The fact that everyone is safe is the most important thing to me."

You are too kind, brother! Well, I love you for that too!"

 Luna's anger was one thing, but my concern was another.

'...... By the way, Florence, where did you lose the energy you had yesterday?'

 Florence is standing behind us, looking somewhat lonely.

 She looks as if she is not satisfied with the result of becoming a mage.

No, no! I'm always full of energy!

 Florence stops and smiles when I call out to her.

 But if I look at her face, I can tell that she's only trying to cover up the fact that she's not.

"I don't believe Florence is in a good mood right now."

'...... yes, I guess. ......'

 Luna sniffs when she hears a voice that sounds less than confident.

"I don't care, but it's preposterous to make my brother worry about you! I'm not worried about you at all, not at all!"

"It was Luna who called out to him first, though."

"I didn't mean it that way!"

I know she's probably just trying to hide her embarrassment, but she can't hide it anymore.

 My sister is a thoughtful and kind girl.

 As I stroked Luna's shaking head, Florence spoke up.

"When I came back from the forest ...... yesterday, I realized ...... that it was thanks to you and Luna that I was able to pass the exam."

 I see.

 Florence was concerned about her lack of ability.

" I was very happy at the time, but I wasn't much of help,...... and I wasn't sure if I could really accept this certificate,......."

  To be honest, there is no doubt about Florence's ability, just that the person to compare her to is out of the ordinary.

 I have inherited the power of the Demon King and the High King, and Luna is one of the most talented people in the Ornstein family.

    So there is no need for me to be so disappointed.

 I can understand why she might be worried that she is not qualified to be a mage.

"It is true that Florence's skills as a magician may still be raw.'

 All I can do for her is to encourage her and express my honest feelings.

'But you have shown more courage than anyone else, you know. If being a Mage is a dangerous job, the will to fight courageously is what you need more than anything else."

 Many times in the game, Florence's positivity cheered me up.

 I have been thinking back to her words throughout my life as a company worker.

 There's no way she's weak - she's much stronger than I am, and there's something amazing about her.

'So don't worry about it. Magic is something you'll have to work on in the future,......, and I want someone as courageous and hard-working as Florence to become a mage."

 I patted Florence lightly on the head and she shrank back a little.

......Thanks, Leon!"

 Then she gave me her usual smile.

 Good, it seems my encouragement had an effect.

'Aww! Big brother patted her on the head, huh!"

 --and apparently it had a negative effect as well.

 Next to Florence getting a little limp and squishy, Luna was standing next to her, her hair standing up like a wild beast.

How can you take away my exclusive rights? I was a fool to feel sorry for Florence... after all, she's a thief... and I'll never forgive it! Creek! Creek! Creek! Creek!

"Yes, well, now..."

 Florence clenched her fists as she used her hands to calm the fussing Luna.

"I've made up my mind! I'm going to become a first class mage with Leon and Luna!"

 She held her hands high in the sky in front of us, her eyes showing no more hesitation or fear of weakness.

"I don't want to be alone, I want to make my dream come true together with everyone! Because ...... it's not just my dream anymore!"

 Hearing Florence's serious, strong, bright voice, Luna and I looked at each other.

 Then we smiled a little and laid our palms on top of Florence's hands.

"I don't really care about ...... you at all, but if my brother insists, I'm willing to work with you in the future, Florence!"

"I'm counting on you, Luna. I want to be a first-class mage with you guys".

"Brother! Yes, I'm always here to support you!'

 I start walking again with Luna and Florence.

 The anxiety that I felt when I got the power of the last boss and the hidden boss is no longer there.

 My goal has not changed.

Then, let's go somewhere and have a celebration. For our future as magicians.

 In my left eye, I saw it for sure.

 The world of "Sorcerer Awake" is the most enjoyable world with friends that I can trust with all my heart.

4