Chapter 43 – Alex wakes up. Cleo’s evolution begins.
1.7k 21 75
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next morning...

Tenta ate breakfast with the others in a happy mood.

First, after three days of abstinence, he got sucked dry. There was no coupling... they just made him release repeatedly until there was nothing left... Which was great.

And second...

"Alex started evolving," Sierra said with a smile.

"That's wonderful!" Tenta happily said.

"Pii!" Daylily cheered.

"That's good to hear." Cornelia smiled.

Cleo, who didn't know who Alex was, continued eating her food in silence.

As for Roberta, she continued smoking her pipe, unbothered. She already knew the news beforehand.

.

.

.

For the next three days, Tenta continued taking Cleo to the dungeon alone while the others stayed behind and trained or did chores. Sierra, who didn't help until now, was made to help Cornelia, much to her displeasure. Because cooking made her gag due to the smell, she instead cleaned the house... Or rubbed lotion on the hag's back and feet. To the noble-born Sierra, that was quite the hit.

Meanwhile, Daylily was still learning to cast magic independently of her race. For the moment, she learned Nature magic... Because she wanted a flower garden. However, it was also under Cornelia's manipulation and coaxing since Cornelia wanted her to grow a tree they could use for lumber. She started to get tired of sleeping inside a tent.

Sierra also started meditating to sense Mana, and when Tenta returned, she instructed him on proper sword-holding and how to swing a sword and explained her experience with Aura. However, like Roberta, she said he needed to strain himself to the limit to get a feel.

When not helping in the house, Cornelia continued studying, filling the knowledge she didn't have and training her magic. And when night came... She and Daylily drained Tenta dry.

As for Cleo, aside from clearing the dungeon, she silently observed everything. She watched Tenta train, Cornelia cooking, and Sierra rubbing lotion on the hag's feet, and when night came, she silently peeked at Tenta's tent. She saw how pleasurable it was for Cornelia when she got railed and how Daylily and Cornelia treated Tenta's seed as something delicious.

However, her thoughts about this were unknown.

Of course, after three days and clearing the third, fourth, and fifth layers, Tenta finally reached Parasite lvl 30 and got Synergetic Leecher lvl 2. From now on, everyone will get 400% experience instead of 250%, a significant increase. He also focused on his Dungeon Explorer class now since they would likely start exploring the 6th layer soon.

And so, Alex finished her evolution on the morning of the 23rd day since Tenta and Cornelia arrived in the haven...

 

Party:

Spoiler

Cornelia's Party

Members:

  • Cornelia Duskgrove: lvl 29 Lust Fiendling Witch, lvl 23 Intermediate Magic-Caster Class (Party Leader)
  • Tenta: lvl 44 Adolescent Chthonian Elite, lvl 30 Special Class
  • Sierra Von Worgurn Trowfeph: lvl 25 Minor Trueborn Vampire Warrior, lvl 8 Novice Warrior Class
  • Daylily: lvl 41 Healing Pixie Elite, lvl 3 Intermediate Civilian Class.
  • Cleo: lvl 38 Black Constrictor Snake, lvl 20 Novice Warrior Class.
[collapse]

.

.

.

After a long time in darkness, Alex woke up. Her body felt weak due to a lack of energy and lowered level, but she knew she evolved.

"Hehe... I did it..." She inwardly chuckled as she looked at her insane gains.

 

Spoiler

Evolution Complete

You have evolved into a lvl 1 Neo Goblin Craftsman

Your Class Level Cap is now lvl 40

During your evolution, you condensed all your talent, luck, the Ancient Goblin Bloodline Curse, fate, and part of your soul into an incomplete Soul Weapon.

You lost: Craftsmanship Talent(intermediate), Creative Mind(Intermediate), Soul Talent(Small), Luck-Blessed Soul(Hidden), Ancient Goblin Bloodline Curse(Hidden).

You created a Unique Skill: Primordial Smith's Soul Hammer(Incomplete)

During your evolution, you destroyed your evolution paths, forged your own, and even made a soul weapon, a feat deemed almost impossible for a mortal. For this, you have gained a Unique Class.

You gained the Unique Skill: Divine Smith.

You have slayed The Remnant Will Of The Ancient Goblins and Dazgolis's Remnant Will. Since it was within your Soulscape, you unknowingly absorbed their broken heritage. Although they are now broken, they are reformed as two Unique Classes. As you level them up, you will regain their inheritance as skills.

You gained the Unique Skills: Ancient Goblin's Inheritor, Dazgolis's Inheritor.

You absorbed the Ancient Goblin Bloodline Curse and the remaining luck and fate of the Ancient Goblins and Dazgolis.

You gained the Unique Skill: Goblin Savior.

You gained new talents!

Craftsmanship Talent(Small), Physical Talent(Small).

Due to evolution, some of your racial skills have changed.

You have lost Instinctual Primitive Tool Making lvl 2 and Instinctual Primitive Trap Making lvl 2.
You have gained Craftsmanship Affinity lvl 1, Enhanced Physique lvl 1, Multitasking lvl 1, and Strong Arms lvl 1.

Race:

Spoiler

Neo Goblin Craftsman

(Hidden Information): After being forced to a corner, Alex, the creator of this race, slayed the remnant wills of the ancient goblins and Dazgolis, thus ending their millions of years-long struggle. She then created this race from the remains of the Ancient Goblins and Dark Goblins, creating the Neo Goblin race.

Neo Goblins are intelligent warriors and craftsmen. They have potent bodies, high intelligence, creative minds, and four strong arms they can use to craft their tools or engage in battle. However, despite their muscular bodies, they retain aesthetic beauty and charm. Among them, Craftsmen have even higher intelligence and creativity and have a natural knack for crafting. They also have a significant appetite for food and sex, are highly focused on what they like, and are matriarchal.

Race Grade: E

Innate Quality: Omnivore, Very High Intelligence, Very High Creativity, High Aesthetic Beauty, Craftsmanship Affinity, Very High Physique, Four Arms, Powerful Arms, Multitasking, Very High Libido, Very High Food Consumption, High Focus, Free Spirited, Matriarchal.

Mating Habits: Neo Goblins have a very high libido and a 42-week pregnancy, in which a Neo Goblin Child would be born. As a matriarchal race, the males tend to be submissive, while the females are more proactive in mate selection. Due to their high libido, they would seek a male that can satisfy them, thus selecting a mate by the hip. However, as they mainly care about sexual gratification, they don't mind sharing a male as long as they are satisfied.

Additional Leveling Up Method: Eating nutritious food.

[collapse]

Primordial Smith's Soul Hammer(Incomplete):

Spoiler

Primordial Smith's Soul Hammer(Incomplete)

You have created a Soul Weapon dedicated to the art of creation. It has great power that you must unravel yourself. However, it is still incomplete and has much room for growth.

[collapse]

Divine Smith:

Spoiler

Divine Smith lvl (1/100)

Divine Smiths are divine creators, few rivaling their power of creation.

Grade: S
Stat Modifier: All Stats(Lesser)
Experience Gain Methods: Killing Creatures, Crafting.

[collapse]

Ancient Goblin's Inheritor:

Spoiler

Ancient Goblin's Inheritor lvl (1/100)

You have received the heritage of the Ancient Goblins and can slowly unlock the vast knowledge and power within, paving your way to greatness.

Grade: G-SS
Stat Modifier: None.
Experience Gain Methods: Killing Creatures.

[collapse]

Dazgolis's Inheritor:

Spoiler

Dazgolis's Inheritor lvl (1/100)

You are the inheritor of Dazgolis, whether he likes it or not. You can now slowly unlock his experience as a god and the heritage of the Dark Goblins, paving your way to godhood.

Grade: G-SS
Stat Modifier: None.
Experience Gain Methods: Killing Creatures.

[collapse]

Goblin Savior:

Spoiler

Goblin Savior lvl (1/100)

You are the Goblin Savior, who would decide the fate of the entire Goblin Species. As you improve this class, you will gain the power to manipulate the Ancient Goblin Bloodline Curse and rally the Goblin Species to your cause.

Grade: G-SS
Stat Modifier: None.
Experience Gain Methods: Killing Creatures.

[collapse]
[collapse]

 

"Hehehe..." Alex weakly laughed.

"Those fossils wanted to use me, but I turned the table on them. Even the system recognized my achievement and gave me the Divine Smith class. Although I paid the price of losing all my talent and luck, it was worth it." She thought.

"Alex? You're awake! Thank the gods!" A feminine voice sounded next to her.

Looking to the side, Alex saw a beautiful woman with blood-red eyes and pale skin. She guessed who she was.

"Sierra?" Alex weakly asked.

"Yes, sleepy head! I finished evolving over three days ago. You were unconscious for almost seven days!" Sierra said.

"That explains why I feel like shit..." Alex muttered.

"Let's get you to Roberta. You must be starving." Sierra said and supported Alex up.

.

.

.

During breakfast.

Tenta and everyone else stared in awe as the 1.4m tall four-armed goblin devoured two people's worth of food. Alex's skin color was grey, and her hair was white, but her eyes remained golden. She was muscular and packing abs, especially the arms. They were downright muscular, yet not veiny. Her chest and butt, hidden under linen clothes, were also more prominent than Cornelia's, and her face was almost human except for two protruding tusks and large ears. She still looked like Alex but was much more beautiful and mature, unlike her previous childish look.

"So... Neo Goblin?" Sierra asked.

"Yep, Munch* Munch* Gulp*. Made it myself." Alex answered while stuffing her mouth with food.

"How?" Tenta asked.

"Some old froggies wanted my body, so I turned the tables on them and killed them both by smashing my evolution paths with a so-called Soul Weapon or whatever. I then reforged the pieces for three days and nights." Alex casually said, but from her tone, she was damn proud of herself.

"Old froggies? Did someone want to hijack your body?! Who?" Cornelia asked, astounded.

"One of them was the remnant of the Ancient Goblins, who wanted me to be their puppet, and the other was the remnant of some dead god called Dazgolis who wanted to use me to revive... Now, he'll remain dead. Heh." Alex grinned. "I also got an S rank called Divine Smith and three G-SS Grade classes."

"The Ancient Goblins? As in, the hypothesized extinct race and predecessor of all known intelligent races? The one cursed by a dark god to become Wild Goblins?" Cornelia asked, feeling shocked.

"And did you say a remnant of a god? An actual god?!" Sierra asked, feeling astounded.

"And you have three G-SS Grade classes?" Tenta asked with wide eyes.

"Pretty much." Alex nodded and continued eating.

"Pii! Amazing!" Daylily said the most appropriate word.

"Yeah. It sure is amazing." The others nodded in agreement.

"Hm... But she went through something like that but only got G-SS Grade classes. Are my classes stronger than?" Tenta asked himself. "Do all reincarnated individuals have G-SSS classes, or is it because of the Reality Smuggler?" He wondered.

"As incredible as it is, don't get full of yourself. No matter how talented a genius is, a dead genius is a corpse. There is an example right there." Roberta said and pointed at Cleo, who was innocently eating at the corner.

"Sss..." Cleo turned around and looked at everyone, not knowing why everyone was looking at her.

"... I'll keep that in mind," Alex replied, deflated.

She and the others knew the rough story. Cleo was once a super genius but had shit luck and a horrible past, so she chose to reincarnate and forget everything.

"So what's the plan now?" Alex asked.

"I'm taking Cleo for one last run on the 5th layer of the dungeon and will then evolve today. We will do the 6th layer in two days." Tenta said.

"Sounds good to me." Alex nodded. "I still feel weak, and I want to get used to my body."

"I see no problem with that." Sierra agreed. "I'll continue training."

"I still need to study, so it works well for me," Cornelia added.

"Pii! Train!" Daylily said.

Cleo didn't say anything and continued quietly eating.

.

.

.

After another run in the 5th layer, thanks to Tenta's Synergetic Leecher reaching lvl 2 and Roberta's food, Cleo reached Overlevel 40 without hiccups and started evolving.

However, her evolution was a bit different than the others. When she landed on the stained glass platform, it didn't show the picture of a Black Snake but was instead blank.

 

Patrons have taken an interest in you. You may accept or reject their gift. Once Chosen, you cannot go back...

 

She then saw three orbs falling from the sky. At the same time, she heard two voices. One was feminine and motherly, and the other was raspy and cold.

{Child. I am Vysanke, Goddess of Monster Girls, Transformation, and Coexistence. I have sensed the deep hurt etched in your soul, your wish to be accepted, your desire to look human, and your interest in sex. I offer you to become a Monster Girl and join my flock, and I promise you that you will have what you want.} A purple orb with a heart with horns, bat wings, and an arrow tail said.

{Lost One. I am Toteus, God of Assassins, Shadows, and Masks. Your talent as an assassin, the pain carved in your soul, and your lost identity have drawn me to you. A true killer feels happiness in loneliness. His best friends are the shadows around him. He feels solace in the mask that hides his identity. Accept my gift, and you shall become a Living Shadow and never feel lonely again.} A dark orb with the symbols of a cloak, a mask, and a dagger spoke.

The third orb was blank, symbolizing rejection.

Cleo knew what this was. When someone struck a god's fancy, they would offer them the option to change their race when they evolved. It was rare for humans, but not monsters, especially young and promising ones. Among them, the most well-known was Vysanke. Regardless of talent, if a female Monster struck her fancy, she would immediately offer them to become a Monster Girl. Thus, there were many Feral Monster Girls.

On the other hand, Toteus was shrouded in mystery, and few knew of his gifts. However, Cleo knew what Living Shadows were. In a sense, they were Shadow Elementals, and they were killers.

Either way, Roberta assured her there were no hidden tricks. She would get what she was offered, no strings attached. However, once she chooses one of these gifts, she won't be able to go back.

If she didn't accept these gifts, her evolution would be... Not human-looking. In a sense, she would look like Tenta, being a serpentine monster. Sure, she could become a snake woman... But she wouldn't look human.

Cornelia was a Lust Demon, so she was a beautiful woman. As a Fey and Pixie, Daylily automatically gained a humanoid appearance, and the Fey were close-knit to monster girls. Vampire Bats could branch to Vampires and Bat-Folk, but Bat-Folk were not Beastkin and were mostly monsters rather than humans. Vampires, on the other hand, were an exclusive form due to the parasitic nature of Vampire Bats, allowing them to take the guise of a Human. However, it was a known truth that Vampires were treated as half-monster girls like the Fey. As for Alex, the female goblin? She already had an almost human appearance thanks to an abnormal evolution.

But Cleo's situation was different. Snakes could become Snakemen and Gorgons, but they have a monstrous appearance. She preferred being a Monster Girl since it was the most convenient way to become human-like again... And Vysanke was also correct. She was indeed interested in sex. Hence, she made the obvious decision and selected Vysanke.

{Good Child. Welcome to my flock.} The motherly voice spoke.

The next moment, the floor broke as Cleo fell again, landing on another platform.

However, instead of showing the picture of a snake, the sign of Vysnake was etched on the stained glass.

Two orbs fell on pedestals, and Cleo checked them one by one.

The first was a Lamia, with the top half a beautiful human and the lower half serpentine.

The second was a Lizard Girl, having a beautiful main body and face but monstrous hands, feet, and a long lizard tail.

She now had to choose on her lower body to be serpentine or humanoid.

A serpentine lower body could be used like a whip and was agile, and the hands were human, making holding a weapon comfortable. However, Lamias weighed more and were slower to react. Although she could move her body well because of her talent and experience, it was still lacking compared to having legs.

Meanwhile, she was used to using her legs and footwork from her previous life, and clawed hands and feet can prove powerful weapons. She could also use the tail as a whip and third hand. However, the arms were less human, making holding a weapon more challenging.

It was a situational thing, and they both had advantages and disadvantages.

"What do I choose..." She wondered.

75