Chapter 9: Divine Might
17 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

......
Large-scale sacrifice and prayer!
Even in the heyday of the God of Light, only some archbishops organized such sacrifices on festivals. However, the effect of those sacrifices and prayers may not be as powerful as today.
Under the oppression of life, when the emotions of grief and indignation reached the extreme, under the guidance of the saints and high-ranking believers, the hearts of the shallow believers burst out with their unprecedented strength.
This power poured into the kingdom of God as a steady stream of faith power.
In the Kingdom of God, Wu Hui, who was about to descend but had not yet had time to come, suddenly felt the powerful channel of faith. This channel of faith formed by the unity of the people is so strong and so powerful.
Prior to this, among the faith channels connected to Wu Hui, the faith channels belonging to the Holy Maiden Catherina were the most powerful and strong. But even Catherina's faith channel is not as good as this one percent.
The power of pure faith swells into the Godhead through the channel of faith.
In Wu Hui's information panel, the number of the power of faith kept jumping, jumping from the initial 68 points to 100 points in the blink of an eye. That's not all, the numbers are still climbing, and soon they reach 300 points, 600 points...
Get rich, this is the rhythm of getting rich overnight~
It was the first time Wu Hui had seen the power of faith grow wildly at such a terrifying speed, and his heart was about to jump out of his chest with excitement.
......
At the same time, in St. Luke's Monastery, the praise of light still echoes in the sky, the light rain is still sprinkling, and hundreds of believers are united, and the momentum of faith condensed is extremely powerful, as if a wall of light has been condensed.
The soldiers were moving more and more slowly, and their faces were uncertain.
Could it be that a miracle really happened?
They are not like those believers, where the rain of light falls on them, bringing only fear. Because it indicates that the enemy, they are going to face is most likely a god.
A real, living deity!
The soldiers of the 3rd Patrol Regiment in Luke City are just the most ordinary soldiers in the Empire, with ordinary training, ordinary equipment, and even more common willpower. During the period of belonging to the Empire of Light, one-tenth of these ordinary soldiers belonged to shallow believers, and the rest were either non-believers or pseudo-believers.
To ask them to slaughter unarmed civilians, of course, is courageous. But if they were to fight with a god, where would they have the guts?
For a while, most of the soldiers of the patrol group were shaken, and some soldiers even stopped directly, and the queue was chaotic.
"Idiot, idiot!"
Captain Niko roared angrily: "Don't be fooled by that pseudo-saintess, it's just a 'Praise of Light', it's a battlefield magic technique, it's just a battlefield magic technique!" Kill, everyone follows! With that, he rushed towards the crowd first.
Niko was also well-informed and recognized this trick as "Praise of Light". But he never expected that the rumored Bright Praise, which only the archbishop level could barely perform, would be cast in the hands of the pseudo-saint Catherina, and the situation was turned around in one fell swoop.
But now he can't be allowed to retreat, and he can only salvage the situation by taking the lead in the charge and dispersing the group of Light believers holding hands.
This is his strategy to the city lord, once the mission fails, his fate can be imagined.
A dozen of Niko's guards were his loyal subordinates, but after a slight hesitation, he rushed out with Niko.
More than a dozen horses' hooves slammed against the large boulders, and a dull and murderous thunder rushed towards the crowd of believers like a raging storm.
The charge of more than a dozen cavalry was stunned to rush out of the momentum of thousands of troops, and the momentum was shocking!
If they were in front of a small group of bandits with scattered discipline, they might have broken up directly under such a momentum. However, at this moment, in front of Niko is a group of believers who are praying on a large scale, and their faith is condensed into a giant rope.
They are also afraid, afraid, and yet, in the face of adversity, their hearts become purer and their faith stronger.
The collective emotional convergence is incomparably powerful, and at this moment, every believer is a staunch martyr!
"Sprint, sprint!"
Niko screamed wildly, the two-handed greatsword in his hand already covered with fighting energy, and he was sure that he would be able to break through those unarmed believers of the God of Light.
Once the believers are dispersed, the myth of the god of light will be shattered, and his soldiers will no longer be afraid.
"Kill!"
The swordsman Langdon and the other four devout believers stood at the forefront at some point, aiming their swords and spears at the dozen or so cavalrymen who came from the attack.
Four infantry against a dozen cavalry, including the knight Niko, who has a full body chain mail and a strength of level 3.
There is no doubt that this is a car in the mantis arm.
However, there was no fear in their extremely pious eyes, but there was a sense of fanaticism. That's right, fanatical, fanatical-like emotions manifest in them.
This is a natural change, and those shallow believers have developed the emotions of martyrdom under the influence of the collective will. How could there be no change in them as devout believers?
If the four of them survive, it is inevitable that they will grow into zealot believers.
But will they really survive?
The cavalry sprinted quickly, and in a few breaths rushed in front of them. A sinister smile appeared on Niko's lips, and his two-handed greatsword was ready to be fired, and he was confident that with his momentum, he could slash Langdon away with a single sword.
At this moment, something happened suddenly!
The seven or eight meters high, dilapidated statue of the God of Light, suddenly burst out with brilliant light.
The light was like a fiery sun, reflecting the entire Abbey of St. Luke's as if it were day, and piercing people's eyes.
Sigh~
More than a dozen war horses seemed to be greatly frightened, and the horses' hooves clasped the ground, refusing to take half a step forward. The battle-hardened cavalry on horseback was almost thrown off his horse under the action of huge inertia.
"What's going on?!"
Niko and the cavalrymen turned ugly and frightened.
Everyone's eyes were attracted by the statue of the God of Light that had undergone a great change.
The changes are ongoing.
The statue of the God of Light, which had been barely erected and full of cracks, and had not yet had time to be repaired, not only burst into a brilliant light, but those cracked and broken surfaces were magically healed in the light.
Like white jade, the surface of the statue is full of light and vitality.
Almost in the blink of an eye, the statue came to life.
That's right, it's alive.
The eyes of the idol were originally slightly drooping, half-closed and half-closed, and the eyes were compassionate, but they actually opened slowly, and their eyes were like thunder and lightning, staring at the incoming enemy from above.
The first to bear the brunt was Niko, the commander of the 3rd Patrol Regiment in Luke City, and more than a dozen personal guards' cavalry under his command.
Under the majestic gaze of the idol, they instantly felt a sense of impending disaster, and the fear in their hearts almost rushed out of their chests, stimulating them to be dizzy, and their limbs were weak, and they almost fell off their horses.
The gods are as powerful as hell, and they don't even dare to give birth to the idea of resisting.
......

1