31-Dominance
18 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Starting three years ago a serum, nicknamed Dominance, started causing a stir in the circuit. Trainer and former researcher Lyla Meeter along with her circle were star talents that dropped out early from the circuit after many of them earned their 6th badges." A picture of a brown haired older teen appeared, she had a soft but sad look about her and was standing between a Gallade and Gardevior as they posed for the camera. It was unpleasant to see someone have not just one but two Pokémon on their team from that popular line. A line that directed many of the raids upon Forestree to both steal from us and to cause destruction to our homes.

"The game is so close, its amazing how many points their scoring!" Zac pumped his fists "So looking forward to the next half I mean that thunderbolt was so quick and that Meowscarada's illusions are so real looking that they fooled me!" They were still talking about the game, it was exciting and I wanted to join them but the fairy types had darkened my mood and I couldn't look away from the screen.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Hero fanboying with animated leaps as Bard tried to copy him while Monster looked at his claws, trying to look unimpressed at the showing even though his maw drooled at the show of power. Froakie was leaning against the glass next to the fire type, making fun of the lizard who was doing a worse job of containing his awe. I remembered my own team and spared them a glance to see Ian also looking at the screen, particularly the Gardevior, while Sin was doing some push-ups off to the side, both really interested in sports it seemed.

"It is unknown why but all of them, save elite four member Mark Gold's son, Julian Gold, disappeared as concerns grew over the untested and unknown Dominance being more drug than battle medicine. Rivals of the group claim they dosed their Pokémon with this before each battle and that their Pokémon grew triple their original size and achieving similar gains in power. This miraculous formula is encapsulated and swallowed to be used." the news reporter continued talking as two pictures pulled up. One of an Aggron standing next to a blonde haired kid(presumably Julian) and dwarfing him more than twice his height and clearly a huge variant of the species. The next picture was even an more terrifying block of steel with a grainy photo of the Aggron looking down at a Steelix, one of the largest Pokémon out there, for his ground type 7th badge. It was even larger than before at a height of over 40 feet by the markings made by the news organization.

"Woah, that thing is way bigger than anything I've ever seen. Must be some sort of record height or something" Stew exclaimed after following my gaze after failing to get my attention.

"Nah, apparently a former Unovian champion found a wild Aggron during their vacation two hundred years ago that was bigger living in the Iron Isles of Sinnoh and that one was a natural anomaly itself" Thomas said after searching on his phone. He wasn't as hyped as I expected him to be about Poke-Ball but I guess it wasn't for everyone. Either that or there were no ghosts to get excited about.

"When questioned about his friends, Julian claims that he isn't in contact with them anymore. We question if this is true as he still uses this Dominance in battles even to this day. The latest example being his last match in the third round of the tournament last season. He then deflected the remaining questions by advertising his new tech business JGs centered around their futuristic style phones with new holographic technology. But even more curious are the many other trainers this circuit who are also using these golden orbs for their gym badges and important battles like tournaments." A video of a Quilava eating a familiar amber gold sphere to then grow was shown to then fight a meek Dottler on a field causing pebbles to rise smoothly with invisible aura uncaptured by the camera lens. I recognized the orb capsule and I wasn't sure what to think. It was an oddity that I had only seen try to hurt me before.

"The government has made statements allowing the use of this product for now and are showing reports that Dominance is safe to use, despite them not knowing how to replicate this temporary growth spurt themselves. The few trainers using this product swear that they are held to secrecy on how to acquire this" That Zweilous from before, it ate Dominance and got so much more powerful, with no downsides at all? That was beyond belief and if it was true then what was some criminal doing with this hard-to-get item?

"Distribution is believed to be done through careful teleports to secure locations as no known outlets or pokemarts are known to have any in stock. Having grown from a small group to a single trainer all the way to thousands this season of Pokémon battling sure will be interesting and top contestants for this year's champion challenge are starting to become more uncertain even in these first few weeks as these trainers are overcoming hurdles they were unable to before. Stay tuned for further updates on CNP trainer news source!" Ads cut on and I went back to my thoughts for a second before Zac interrupted them.

"Hey, I get that that's interesting and all but are you okay? Here, have some of my popcorn" I looked at him and he gave me a look. 

"I'm fine, but I will take the popcorn. That stadium hot dog sucks" we grinned and I let the chair go, my hand a little numb from unknowingly holding onto it with a death grip. We talked about Dominance for a little and I even mention how I'd seen it used before but it's just something interesting to talk about. Something we'll likely never get our hands on even once as there are millions of Verk's trainers with only thousands having these mysterious capsules. Stew brought up ability capsules and how he actually used one on Monster to get him a better ability, having seen poor effects from solar power in his last battle against me. That shocked us for a couple minutes and we started questioning him on how rich his parents actually were. 

When he mentioned how his parents were buying a house for 10 million pokedollars I just couldn't take it. For that much you could buy half a fricking judgement TM. ARCEUS' SIGNATURE MOVE! 

Stew was bashful in explaining his situation to us countryfolk and accidentally told us what this seating actually cost. For reference a normal ticket cost like 500 pokedollars, I put up a thousand at Stew's rabid encouragement for this joint effort and enticement of the full experience. Now the actual cost of this boxed seating was like 50,000 pokedollars. Admittedly he had blown his monthly allowance on this one purchase, using us to fully cover the last 3000 for his meals, and would have to use the cheapo Pokémon center rooms or camp with us (camping is great by the way) to make up for it.

That conversation almost led to another one about where he normally slept, but he was saved from a manic Zac and I by the marching band walking off the field and the game starting up again. I stress ate popcorn as Ian put his ribbon on my arm to both comfort me and sap at my overflowing energy to calm me down using his ghostliness.

He was also trying to get a read on me with his new destiny bond but wasn't vocal about his findings. It was only a small flare up from my history with Strange Forest Pokémon, no doubt influenced by that stupid Z-energy. To forget about it, I focused on the match, watching the black shirts string some ground passes together through portals of darkness with the nearly indestructible ball. A Bombers team Mandibuzz flew in to swipe the ball as it passed through the void or whatever was going on and I swear I heard one of the black shirts scream 'traitor' at it through the TV. 

Many goals and 20 minutes later the ball rocketed past the Bomber's goalie as he dived towards an illusion, and Meowscarada scored the last goal of the game. The Bombers held onto the lead, 23 to 25 so Stew celebrated and we cheered, spilling the kernels onto the ground as he stood. Thomas sighed but had obviously expected this outcome but nonetheless clapped politely for the players. Liam was much more upset, looking like he bet on the match with his hands covering his face and on his knees. Hands, medium sized plastic sticks shaped like feathers, and other fan stuff was waved and thrown through the air as the crowd celebrated the close game. 

I rose as well and walked up to the glass window separating our small room and the rest of the crowd. I put my hand on it as I looked at the players messing around on the field or waving to fans. I smiled as I saw how well they got along. Like family some of the older birds patted Staraptor on the back and the white shirts went to find and mount their Pokémon for a ride around the stadium now that the protect was down. In a V formation they flew with their captain(not Santiago) on his Salamence. The majestic sight made me want to take a picture, and make it last longer.

I did just that, asking how to take pictures on the pokedex and then instantly taking one as they zoomed around for their second lap, one for each goal extra they scored over the Thievuls. It came out clear and I could clearly see all of their smiling faces of the ones visible. Ian suggested I take a picture together with the rest of them. Sin volunteered to take it, but we meddled with the timer and started getting ready to take the picture. We each placed our phones or pokedexs on a very precariously built stand made of our chairs and hurried back for the countdown. When it ended and we went to check out how they came out Stew's was off-center and mine hadn't even taken a picture, leaving us with three that were shared with those of us who hadn't gotten a good shot. 

Everyone but Stew picked up whatever trash we could and dumped it in the tiny wastebasket they gave to us. He didn't see a problem with leaving everything with how much he had paid and neither did Liam but a ghostly jab in the back by Lori was enough to get the little brother to see reason. We talked about the game until we got caught up in the loud crowd and had to recall our teams or risk separation. I followed behind Stew and the others were supposed to be behind me, but when we got out of there and turned around they were nowhere to be found.

"It's fine, we'll meet back up with them at the outskirts, but first do you want to have a battle? I've been itching to try again after that last loss" Stew said in response to my efforts to go search for them.

"Sure, lead on o great main character Stewart Pidgey" I played on the weird act thing he had going. It is strange but I'll give it to him that it is fun and that he sticks to his gimmick for battles. Even in his nicknames, it's like he's been making a fantasy story with a Monster to fight, a Hero that will one day rise to power, and a Bard to spread the tales of adventure. I like it at the very least as it makes my own naming sense seem better than it likely is. Although not many people nickname their Pokémon from what I can tell. I made sure to have nicknames for the family Pokemon that I could get away with. Graveler being Dude when I was with my grandpa and cute little Skitty being Lala even though I forgot her nickname most of the time. Fly was gradually replacing her, but the adorable cat was very soft when she nestled down for a nap next to you.

At that moment, we found a dirt field set up for unofficial battles. Squaring up for a 2v2.

1