Chapter Five: ‘First Date’
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sally

I sat down on the hard wooden chair in the principals office. I tried to ignore the pungent smell in the tiny room. Charlie sat in the chair next to me with her arms folded across her chest. "Dang! And I thought the boys locker room smelled bad, this place smells like rotten crap!" I gave Charlie a disapproving look but she still kept a scowl on her face. 

The principal looked at both of us sternly, "Do you know why you both are in my office?"

"No, but do you know why you are an arrogant dumb-

I nudge Charlie with my elbow before she could finish her sentence. "We are in here because you believed that we started a fight. I do admit I tried to swing a punch but Lindsey was the one who completely started it."

"I am going to give you one more chance, tell me what really happened."

"I have already told you, Lindsey as per usual tried to fight me."

"I gave you a chance to tell the truth. Everyone said you were the ones to start it. Because of that and lying about it, you will be staying after school."

"But what about theater club?! You can't just do this to us!" I protested. Theater club only happens Tuesdays and Fridays. They are going to put on a spring school play. While that was a few months away, we still had to prepare for

"As your principal, I believe I can. You will stay after school and write a three paged essay on why violence isn't the way to solve things. I would also like you to apologize to Lindsey Cash."

"I rather lick a frog's back than apologize to that- I nudged Charlie again so that we wouldn't get in anymore trouble.

"You ladies got that? I expect to see you early in the classroom writing your papers without talking."

"Yes Principal Colins." we both said together. We walked out of the door and I could see Charlie's face red with rage. 

"That Lindsey freakin Cash! Ugh, are you sure you want to date her now ex? Cause if she is a-

"Come on," I say pulling my friend's arm, "Let's just calm down and get to class."

"Honestly if dating that jerk, Max, causes this much torment is it really worth it?"

"Don't worry about me, it's going to be fine, Max broke up with that blonde leech for a reason."

"Alright, but if he hurts you, I am going to burn this school down."

~•~

Max

"Next week is our game against the Wolves, easy. But are you going to invite Sally?" Carter asked wiping his neck with a towel. I tried to tell him to lower his voice so that no one else could hear us. We were in the school's locker room, it was pretty small for one though. Whenever one speaks, it could be heard by everyone.

"Ya bet he is!" I groaned when I saw Xander approach us. "One's gotta show off his new girlfriend for everyone to see."

"I don't-

"It should be the next step in the relationship, ya out in the field trynna to win for her. Her on the bleachers yelling 'Max! Max! My sharp and steady axe!' Xander let out a roar of laughter, "Then after the game ya two will look at each other in the eyes ya lips meet h-

"Alright! I will going to invite her. But you stay out of any of our interactions?"

"As long as you are following our deal." He laughed and walked out of the room.

"He's nuts, you really want to follow his ridiculous plans?" 

"I have no choice, Carter but to do it. It will only be about six months of pretending."

"Alright let's just hope this doesn't turn out worse than if you got caught cheating."

"Don't worry I have this in control."

After cleaning up a little bit we exited the stuffy locker room.

"I will see you Carter, I going to look for Sally we have studying to do together and after all she is my girlfriend." I waved Carter a goodbye and walked off to the theater room. I entered it and saw a few people sitting on the chair, but not one of them was Sally. "I am looking for Sally, is she here?"

A girl with short brown hair scowled at me and said "Unfortunately, Sally could not make it to this class today. Due to your witch girlfriend, well ex girlfriend. She started a fight with Sally, and Sally got blamed. Now she is in detention." All the theater kids gave me glares.

"Well that is why she is my ex, you know." I say trying to sound legit.

"That's good to hear, I just hope Lindsey's attitude hasn't rubbed off on you. You better not hurt her," the girl gave me a warning look.

"Yeah that's the last thing on my mind, to hurt her. Well, I be off to find her." I quickly left that theater and hurried to find Sally. I went to the room where detention normally was. When is was about to peek through the window, the door opened and out came Sally and her frined.

"Oh it looks like you new boyfriend is going to pick you up," Charlie said with displeasure.

"It's fine Charlie, we are just going to study together."

"Wow shocking Max Turner finally wants to open his brain with knowledge. The world is about to end."

"Oh Charlie stop being so dramatic."

"Girl, that is why I am in theater." Charlie dramatically put her hand to her forehead and close her eyes. "See you tomorrow my dear friend. I hope to see you in one piece." Once she was gone I turn to Sally.

"So, uh, Sally where should we study? The library?"

"I have a good place to study, Charlie and I have studied there many times. It's called Mama's Melties. They have the best ice cream."

"Sure that sounds fine with me."

"You know, since I like you, you like me, and you broke up with Lindsey. Do you think, you know, that this could be a little date."

I cringed inside about the thought of that. No! No! No! But I had no choice. "Yes why no," I said with my fakest smile. Sally brushed redder than a traffic light with her signature dorky smile. This making it ten times worse.

"This is great! You are honestly my first date."

"And I am honored to be that guy.I can drive us to that ice cream place you were talking about if you like." 'Why did that pop out of my mouth? This is getting more and more ridiculous!'

"Thank you I would really like that. Let me go get all my things then we can go have a study date."

'Yeah, yippee! A study date with the school's weirdest girl.'

__________________________________________________________________

So what do you think now that they are dating? Well 'dating' lol. I hope you enjoyed this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it. Be sure to comment about anything for this chapter. Criticisms, grammar check, praise. Thank you guys so so much! <3

0