Chapter 82: Nisa Alzania
98 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When did it start?

When she first saw him play on the field?

When she first saw that genuine laughter?

She couldn’t say these feelings were love. No, mere attraction. First of all, she didn’t know what love was. Second, she was too young to understand it even if she knew. And third, the love she read about in the novels and books weren’t like this. The love she saw between her parents…they were more… fantastical and romantic and… Yet… yet for some reason her heart beat so fast when she kissed him. Her chest tightened, her lips moistened, her breath raced and although she teased him about his blush, she herself desperately hid her blush by jumping onto her bed, burying her face in the pillow.

Don’t I smell though? Not just her, the room smelled awful too. She was used to it. But what about Sol? He came from a viscount family, sure. But it was definitely cleaner than this place and… would he think badly of me? it also dawned on her that maybe her mouth smelled too. So, she blew on her hand, and gave it a sniff. Fuck.

 

Nisa took a shower, put on a good dress and sprayed some perfume; she applied some makeup too just in case. She did it all alone. Maids weren’t permitted to enter her room. She thought about cleaning up the room before leaving but decided against it. She could always just do it later. That later never came but that wasn’t important.

She was merely using Soler Barack. It didn’t matter if her heart raced a bit. She was older and she could handle these feelings. And she could easily manipulate him this way and make him do her bidding. Of course, that was going to be a bit underhanded but she didn’t plan anything too extreme. Besides, he wasn’t going to be in this relationship against his will. He was also using her. It was a give and take. And they were going to be just engaged for now. If Sol ever fell in love with someone, she could always just use that as an excuse to leave the relationship.

Yet for some reason it felt good. When was the last time she felt this way? When was the last time she smiled like this?

Guess I must really love the idea of finally being free. She was going to get close to him, maybe help him ascend his father’s position, and even if he didn’t want that, she was going to convince him to take her on a world tour. Together, they’d travel the world and maybe even- What am I even thinking!? Her cheeks quickly turned red as she walked down the corridors. All the maids and butlers who saw her almost instantly broke into smiles. Some were genuinely surprised but above all, they were glad. Their princess was finally in a good mood for once.

At the very end of the corridor however, Nisa’s smile disappeared

“Oh, if it isn’t Miss failure,” he said.

Nivrim Al Alzania.

Nisa’s elder brother and the official first son. He was slated to be the next duke.

“Good morning, brother,” she said.

“That’s Lord Brother, to you,” he bent closer. The man was at least thrice her height, tallest in the household. “Got it?” His voice went quiet; eyes, large and unwavering.

“Yes… lord brother.”

“Good,” he moved back. “I hear you’re finally being dumped onto some foreign noble. Good riddens,” he laughed out loud. The maids and servants in the area cleared away.

Nisa stared at the ground. Not quite sulking, not quite smiling. Her brother’s words hurt. But they weren’t as painful as they were once. She finally found someone who wouldn’t call her a failure. Someone who wouldn’t look at her with those cold eyes. But what if he does too…

Just thinking about the possibility, thinking what if it went wrong, what if this dew of hope evaporated, just thinking was enough to wet her eyes.

“What are you imbeciles even doing this early in the morning?” A young lady said, slamming her door open.

Judging by the lack of proper makeup and that annoyed expression, she must have been asleep.

“Ah, pardon beautiful maiden,” Nivrim bowed in a noble manner. “I’m Niv-”

Nivrim was a noble man. He was taught etiquette from the age of five. He knew women were prone to throwing tantrums, especially noble women. And it was a Man’s job to control and dissolve their rage. Precisely why, he himself wasn’t offended. After all, he was one of the hosts and she was a guest. And it was his sister’s fault this whole rude occurrence happened anyway. As long as he could explain it in an easy way, surely this beautiful young lady would understand and-

“I don’t give a fuck who you are, get out,” she glared. “Unless you want to suffocate and kiss the ground of course.” She smirked, mockingly.

“You-you’d threaten me, the first son of the-” He spoke to himself, almost surprised. Not offended, surprised.

“Get out,” she shrugged. Apparently, she was so sleep deprived that she hadn’t considered that the man wasn’t inside her room in the first place.

This lady was young and she probably didn’t know he was the next heir. Surely her attitude would change the other way, the moment she found out but even so… such feisty nature. Such, unfiltered beauty…. He couldn’t help but bow before her. “I’m truly sorry, maiden. I will leave immediately if you’d kindly offer your name at least….”

Nivrim was used to noble ladies. He was used to seeing lots of makeup and lots of fluttery words. However, like someone experiencing chicken skewers for the first time after having just chicken curry his whole life… he was beyond marveled.

“Shia Barrack,” she said, slamming the door on his face.

“Shia Barrack,” the man repeated. “I will marry her!”

Nisa sighed, face palming herself. Idiots…. She felt all the exhaustion come back to haunt her. Too sleep deprived perhaps. She needed a cup of tea, and she needed it right now.

Probably the most light novel like chapter I've written and I actually kind of like it XD

8