Chapter 28 Get the Divorce
471 7 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

But Stephanie brushed her aside, giving me a hug and patting my head as she said, "Ley, you know how much I missed you? I won't abandon you going forward, so don't worry. You'll stay with me from now on, is that clear?”

"Stephy, I missed you. Fortunately, you are still with me, and I’m ecstatic to see you again after fearing as though I had lost you too.” I wiped my tears. 

Stephanie then let go of me and turned to face Victoria, who was already sweating profusely and trembling from the aura she was emitting. She took a few steps back, fearful that the cold gaze Stephy cast on her would kill her instantly. 

"My, my, if it isn't a wolf disguised in a sheep's cloth, Ley?" She laughed, but her eyes betrayed her as she stared at her. 

"Stephy, I have been used to her sweet, honey-like words for a long time. She believes that as Ley's offspring, I will easily succumb to her dark conscience." I mocked Victoria from the side. 

"So, Victoria, how do you feel about betraying our father and then using sweet words to appease my younger brother? It must be in your blood, right?” Stephy gained the upper hand over them, whether in words or with her fist. 

"Steph… Stephanie, what are you trying to say? I… I had no intention of causing harm to Ley, and why would I do that to my son?”

"Shut up! Keep your mouth shut. Do you really think that I was unaware when you entered our father's life primarily to gain monetary benefits? I have long foreseen your intentions, and I also warned dad, but he just brushed away, and because of you, he's not there in this world. Not to mention, for you, Ley went through a lot back then; if I hadn't heard about dad's passing, he would have starved to death. And now that you are seeing him, stable in his life, you have returned like a jinx to ruin his life? You are such a worthless woman that I wanted to kill you the moment I saw you." She raised her hand, almost slapping her, but kept her cool. 

As Willow's daughter, she was taken aback by what had happened and exclaimed, "Enough! ", wondering how she could possibly witness her mother being tormented by an outsider. “Stephanie, how dare you try to put a finger on my mother? If you do, I won't hesitate to sue you in court.”

"So, you are her daughter. Impressive. Ley, take a look at the mother-daughter duo. Not only are they guilty consciences, but they also support one another." 

“That is the sole reason I didn't forgive them. Despite appearing innocent on the outside, Miss Victoria is actually a devil on the inside. Nevertheless, it's useless, so I do not want to bother them.” I answered flippantly. 

I turned to Shanaya at that point and said, "Wife, I am disappointed in you today. I truly believed you would support me, but those were just my dreams. Furthermore, I was mistaken to think that you understood me completely when we got married. But you kept quiet and went along with them, when everyone else in this room was only trying to take advantage of me.”

Infuriated, Shanaya too glared at me and said, "Honey, is it because your sister is here that you are becoming more daring, huh? Furthermore, how dare you say that they took advantage of you? Keep in mind that she is still a guest, despite being your sister. But I, on the other hand, am your wife, so be cautious before saying those words, okay?" 

Stephanie remarked, "Come again," incensed by Shanaya's icy demeanor. “Let me remind you that you are not in a position to dictate to my brother while I am here. Furthermore, I have heard that you abducted him and forcefully married him. So is this your so-called love, huh?"

Shanaya was offended and countered, "So what? Also, who are you to intervene in our affairs? I do not give a damn about your origins; all I know is that he is my husband, and I have the final say in our relationships." 

Grabbing my hand, Stephanie yelled, "Ley, if you still consider me your sister, divorce her right now.” Her eyes were red, and tears welled up. “She is merely a sadistic woman manipulating your emotions. Don't let this woman flock around you. Also, don't worry; I have plenty of friends who would love to be your wife. She is an extremely cunning and malicious woman who views you only as a boy toy." 

Shanaya did in fact cross my boundaries, which is why I felt the same as my sister told me. She was not just being unreasonable; but she also got into an argument with my sister, whom I look up to like a mother. After all, I didn't receive motherly affection, but Stephy lavished me with her warmth when I felt upset. Thus, I decided to gather my courage and said, "Shanaya, I am really appalled by your attitude. I never thought you would be so egotistical to the extent you would treat my sister badly. Have I ever mistreated your family in the same way that you are treating her today?” 

“Shanahya, huh? You are addressing me by name as well. Have you forgotten your place, or should I remind you?" She was getting agitated by my remarks, which made her urge to slap me. 

Slap

"You" I was stunned for a moment before regaining my composure. This time, I felt she had pushed my limits. I thought that placating her would improve her sense of reasonableness, but instead I received a hard slap. This simply served to highlight her sadistic tendencies and her enjoyment of striking men. 

When Shanaya slapped me in front of my sister, everyone gasped and was shocked. "You have gone overboard, Shanaya. How dare you slap him in my presence, and who gave you the authority to do so? This only confirms that you never cared about my brother." Stephanie yelled at her and was about to slap her before I grabbed her hand and shook my head in denial. 

Meanwhile, Kayla thought about the events and made the decision: "Shanaya I didn't want to bring it up, but you should get a divorce, dear. Additionally, there are many wealthy suitors available to fulfill your desires. To be honest, I only allowed you to stay with him, because he is young, and you can relieve stress for a short time, but not forever. And what makes him so appealing? Does he make a single penny? Is he financially supporting you? No, right? Then leave him; there will be many better options." 

"But, Mom, I love him and I can’t bear to lose him. How could you?" Kayla cut her off before she could finish speaking, gesturing with her hand, "Shanaya, enough. I will give you a choice today: Him or Family? Choose wisely.”

In the face of the threat given by her mom, Shanaya always feared her. She can be the infamous devil woman who could slay thousands, but she was still the daughter of her mother, who would discipline her without mercy. Thus, she freaked out right away and kept staring at me while muttering, "You mom." Despite mentioning it, she kept her head down, and tears fell from her eyes.

Shanaya's claim surprised me: 'I thought she genuinely loved me, but now I realize she was just using me like Jessica. Ha! All women are materialistic gold diggers. I was the foolish one to believe her nonsensical words. Fortunately, I curbed my deep feelings beforehand, or else I would be crying like an ugly duckling.'

“Fair Enough. And you, Ley, head tomorrow to the Civil Records Office and get the divorce as soon as possible. You don't need to worry about alimony either, because we will give you a substantial sum based on your status as a student. But let me warn you, that you shouldn't flock around my daughter anymore. Got it?” She pointed her fingers and asserted. 

"Do you really believe that my brother is a simp? Remember that your daughter took the initiative to marry him against his will, not the other way around. So do not act like your daughter is the most beautiful and elegant woman. Also, I don't need your meager alimony, as I can afford to give my brother a good life. So you should keep haughty words in your pockets." Stephanie argued with all her might. She can bear anything, but she cannot bear the thought of anyone hurting me, based on the looks of other people. 

"Why wait until tomorrow, when it is only the middle of the day? And you claim that you can afford him a better life? Oh, God!! I have never seen siblings like them; isn't it Aunt Lancy? Aunt Kayla is providing him with alimony, yet how foolish of them to reject her suggestion. They ought to get separated and get a divorce by now. Furthermore, Ryan Ley is unworthy of a woman like Shanaya, huh?” Willow piped up from the side. 

“Are you a non-stop chatterbox who likes to blabber without knowing your place? Really as expected of a mother-daughter duo. Also, you don't have to be concerned about us but fear for yours, as I'll come to settle the old scores after they get the divorce.” Nonchalantly, Shanaya replied. 

"You,” Willow was at a loss for words. Then she refuted, “Ha, You! It's been two days since your brother claimed to kill my dad, but I can't see any progress. After foolishly stabbing himself, I believe he is now terrified of losing his life. What a moron, man." 

"What?" Stephanie was stunned, unaware of the past, and she fixed her gaze on me. She then asked, "Ley, did you do that?" while gently grabbing my cheek. 

"Well... Stephy, that is not the case." 

“I asked you if you did it." She yelled angrily. 

I nodded as fear struck me. Upon witnessing my reply, Stephanie became extremely enraged and lifted her hand; fortunately, Leona intervened and indicated, "NO." As a result, she controlled her rage and let go of me. I knew she was seething with anger as I glared at Willow. 

“It's alright since you don't want the alimony, but later don't blame me. So now you two should head to the Civil Records to file for divorce.” Kayla prodded from behind, impassive of the conversation between us. 

"If that's the case, let us get divorced." I nodded, feeling tired of this toxic relationship. I just want to be free of this devil, so I can placate my sister, or she won't talk to me for three days. 

Even though Shanaya continued to glare at me, I showed no fear or deference to her this time. Because I have had enough of her ridiculous attitude. A smirk appeared on Willow's face as she glanced at Lancy while watching the drama. Meanwhile Victoria's face turned ashen as she glared at her daughter. Willow was unaware though, that I was observing her erratic behavior and deduced that their whole scheme was to sabotage our relationship. ‘Wow! What a vicious woman. Nevertheless, Lancy you can smile all you want, but one day you will cry because of all the chaos you brought into my life.’ 

After that, we departed from her villa towards Civil Records while I sat in my sister's car. Lying next to me, Stephy was looking outside the window. I was feeling morose as I tried to hold her hand, but suddenly she yanked me and said, “Why did you do it? Do you know how much I missed you, yet you attempted to do foolish things? How could you?” 

“I'm sorry, Stephy.” She then embraced me and comforted me, saying, "It's alright, but after you get the divorce, you ought to give me an explanation behind your actions." I nodded and sighed as I thought, ‘Joseph, wait for me.’

23