Chapter 31 Meeting of Love Rivals. (Bonus Chapter).
482 4 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello Readers! 

This is a bonus Chapter for you all. I hope you would enjoy and comment in the down section if you feel the need of any changes required. Happy Reading....



Red Velvet Hotel

Red Velvet Hotel is the behemoth six-star hotel in the entire Nivea City. It was considered to be the most opulent and was reserved for powerful and affluent individuals. Regular people were only able to observe from a distance and dared not venture beside the buildings boundary. This hotel has an odd layout, with three levels. The first was Exclusive; it was only open to the wealthiest and most prominent individuals. The second one is Premium, reserved only for families in the second and third tiers. Conversely, the Regular class is for those who are beneath the members of the premium class but above the humble class. 

The hotel simply had levels set up; there were no VIP rooms or other extravagant accommodations. There were exactly eight dining room sets in the Exclusive area. 

A family of three sat at one of the dining tables not far away. A couple accompanied by a middle-aged woman. There appeared to be an air of nobility about the woman. Even though the couple appeared youthful and energetic, with closer inspection, it reveals that the young woman had a hint of melancholy in her eyes. She was none other than Shanaya Jonas, the top infamous devil woman. 

There sat a young man who appeared to be focused and industrious. He had a good looks and wore a watch of $17,000 Rolex Cosmograph Daytona. He would often pull his sleeves up to flaunt his watch every now and again. His haughtiness was matched to his specially customized suit. He's none other than Alex, son of Edward James. 

"Alex, I heard that you have been elevated to the position of President, so how does that feel?" Kayla inquired with enthusiasm. This candidate appeals to her, and she wants to take him under her wing. 

"Well, Aunt, there are a lot of responsibilities even though the post feels superior. And I'm tired of working daily, since the day dad has entrusted the responsibilities to me.” There was an air of arrogance about him, despite his seeming modesty. 

Listening to his nagging, Shanaya thought, ‘There lies the difference. You are just tired of being the boss and sitting your ass on that fucking* chair, but Ryan works harder and is more committed than a haughty Playboy like you.’

She then abruptly caught a glimpse of four people entering the restaurant. Seated by the window, she could see the face of someone she would never forget in her life. A young man was walking with three women. The young man was in the center, with two women holding onto his arm on either side and a third trailing closely behind them. The young man appeared to have opened his harem. They were none other than Natasha, Ryan, Stephanie, and Leona. 

For some reason, Shanaya became extremely envious and furious upon witnessing this. She was aware of the first two women, but her jealousy was heightened by the third lady, who seemed to be more clingy to Ryan. Following Shanaya's gaze, Alex realized something was off. To his surprise, he found a man being surrounded by three stunning women, like a swarm of bees around a beautiful flower. 

Kayla sensed something off as well, but she did not give it much thought. Her only goal today was to verify whether the lamb seated before her would be suitable for her daughter in the future or not. The rest didn't bother her much. Countless eyes were fixed on the three stunning women as soon as they entered the hall. A few men there were so envious that Ryan would have died thousands of times if looks could kill, but sadly, they couldn't. Who would not have a life similar to Ryan's at this age? Alex stood out among them all, since he was constantly snooping on the three women from the corner of his eye. He was aware that if he directly looked at them, then the gentleman tag he had been keeping up with, would shatter within a few seconds. Thus, he ogled stealthily, but to his dismay, Shanaya caught him red-handed and sneered, ‘All men are the same, hmm. Can't even control the temptations.’ But she knew Ryan was special because he was not after her body, but rather loved her. As she was the one who forced herself on him. 

"Well, Alex, I believe you must shoulder your responsibilities as a man." Shanaya sneered at Alex. 

“Huh… ah! Yes absolutely. I need to work harder to enjoy such a lavish lifestyle ahead.” He gazed once at them and said. 

But the atmosphere suddenly turned uncanny because they both shot back in an ambiguous tone. What Shanaya said earlier was to remind him that he was on a date and shouldn't look at other women. And what he meant was, no matter what, I should too enjoy a life like him and have my own harem in the future. Thus shutting the conversation for a few seconds. 

A deep grimace crossed her face as she stopped wasting her breath on him and began to study Ryan's movements in response.

“Umm, I'll be just in a minute.” With that, Ryan went towards the washroom. After a short while, Alex too excused himself and rushed to the washroom. Shanaya was watching Alex's every move because she now believed he was a scumbag who enjoys playing with women. Shortly after, Alex returned to his seat, but he purposefully stuck out his leg to trip Ryan when he returned, for he was filled with jealous. Ryan was heading back at that exact moment, and because he was staring at his phone, he failed to notice that a leg was stuck outside for him. As a result, he tripped and was about to fall when he grabbed the table. 

"Hey, are you so focused on your phone that you are losing sight of the road ahead?" Alex teased me when I got up. This commotion drew everyone's attention towards us. I knew it was him, who was maliciously giving me a hard time, so I approached and said, “Well I didn't know that there was a dog disguised in the form of a human.” To which everyone was stunned and suddenly laughter resonated in the hall. Shanaya's hazel blue eyes sparkled, and a sweet smile formed at the corners of her mouth as she reflected, 'Hmm, he is changing. I didn't know he has such a sharp tongue.’ 

Kayla was fuming as she heard and smirked, "Ryan Ley, you sure have the guts to come here for dinner, right?" 

This gave me chills as I quickly looked around and noticed Shanaya and Kayla seated at that table. I had a sudden epiphany, ‘Is she here for a date? In any case, what does it have to do with me?’ 

I shuddered when I saw Shanaya's creepy smile because I knew what it meant. But on a second note, I calmed myself by acknowledging that we were divorced and had nothing to do with each other. So anyway, that smile can't put me under much pressure. Thus, as I was about to ignore and walk, when Alex bellowed, "Hey, whom are you calling a dog? Who are you, and how dare you say such a thing before me?” 

“Well I'm a human being, to be more precise, a man unlike a street dog who keeps barking at the public.” I smirked. 

“You… you. Do you know who my father is? I can wipe your entire family with one word, understand?” At the top of his lungs, Alex bellowed. He was truly agitated by the man's sharp tongue. The guests were entertained and delighted by the scene in the interim. Shanaya was staring at me too, waiting for my response. Leona and Stephy were laughing but Nashy on the other hand curled her hands into fists and was about to act when Stephy stopped her and said, “No Nashy. Hold off and observe how Ryan handles the situation. For he has to learn how the world works. And we will act if the man in front of him uses any kind of violence against him.” Nashy gave a nod in response and turned to face the scene. 

Ley today it's a test for you. Let me observe how you handle it; if you pass my test, then there's a surprise for you waiting at home. Don't disappoint me.' Nashy pondered and smiled. 

“Huh, don't you know who your dad is? Didn't your mom tell you about him? Well I'm sorry for this brother, I thought your dad was just another scumbag who played with women's feelings.” 

Huh! 

For a brief moment, the whole living room gasped, and then a second wave of laughter broke out, accompanied by loud comments.

"Oh, my. This lad sure has a sharp tongue.”

"Indeed, he can cut through anyone without the need for physical strength.” 

“He just nailed it, haha. I didn't know young men are so sharp-witted nowadays.” 

Shanaya laughed loudly and shook her head, clearly not being able to take anymore. Kayla's face was remorseful as she thought, ‘I never knew he would surpass with just his words. But what's the use of mere words when you have nothing but your good looks.'

Leona, Stephy, and Nashy were the most happiest and enthusiastic. Nashy gave a thumbs up from the side, clearly impressed. With a smile, I nodded. However, Shanaya's sight caught this small gesture. Her smile returned to a face full of anger and frost as she gazed at Nashy. Sensing a murderous gaze from behind, Nashy turned to look and saw a woman gazing at her with coldness emitting from her eyes. Curious, Nashy asked Stephy right away, “Who is that woman staring at us?" Stephy followed her gaze, as she grimaced, "Shanaya Jonas." This time, Shanaya shuddered a little, as she was a little afraid of Stephie. Shanaya could fight against her rival Nashy, but she couldn't stand against Stephy, for she knew she was the sister of her ex-husband. 

"She... she's Shanaya Jonas? Damn! Now I understand why I sensed a murderous aura." With that, she winked at Shanaya, provoking her further. Since she wants to play she would welcome her. 

Alex was trembling on this side as he pointed his finger at me and said, "You wait; if I didn’t sleep with your mother, then I would." Before he could finish, I punched his face, which sent him back, and he fell down on his bottom. Everyone shuddered, knowing that, in a matter of moments, what had been merely a war of the tongues had turned into fists. Some sighed, while others enjoyed the scene. 

"You… How dare you strike me?" He barked, as I stooped down and said, “What did you say, you wanted to sleep with my mom, huh?” I then kicked his chest, breaking one of his ribs right instantly. 

Crack

“I was just playing with you, but you, on the other hand, crossed my boundaries. ” With that, I punched his stomach, blood spewed from his mouth. Though shocked, Shanaya quickly regained her composure and smirked, ‘Hmm, Alex, you think my man is some sort of weakling, huh? At this point, you ought to realize how fierce he can be when provoked.’ But, she soon regretted it, as she realized she was no longer his legal wife. Kayla, on the other hand, exclaimed and covered her mouth as she thought, ‘My God! He fights. I thought he was just a weakling.’

Nashy rushed forward and gently grabbed my face, saying, “Ley control yourself, baby. Come on, forget about him.” I was about to move when I heard Alex say shamelessly, “If I do not sleep with your mom, I won't be Edward James son.”

Shanaya was getting agitated when she saw Nashy, comforting me. She suppressed her anger by curling her hands into fist. Everyone gasped when they heard him address Edward James as his father. Everyone knew he was a top dog in Nivea City, and many people feared him. Some sighed for me, while others pitied me. But I didn't bother those, as my rage flared up again, and I freed myself from the grasp of Nashy and grabbed the collar of Alex, as I pulled him towards Stephy and pointed at her, “My mom is dead, and she's like my mother; if you are a man, then touch her. Go.” 

The revelation left everyone there in disbelief, since they couldn't comprehend the situation. How could a woman so beautiful be the mother of a grown man? Kayla looked at Shanaya in the meantime and questioned, “Is he crazy? What is he saying in front of everyone?" Shanaya replied solemnly, “You do not know mom, but Ryan lost his mother during his birth, and he has never received motherlylove from then. When Victoria betrayed them, only Stephanie treated him as if he were her own child. That's why he treats her like his mother.” Kayla was taken aback and said, “Now I understand why he was so angry that day when you argued with her. Truth be told, he does respect Stephanie.” This action portrayed Ryan in a positive light, as she thought, 'You are a man with proper etiquette, Ryan. I apologize for misunderstanding you, but what you lack is a sense of purpose in life. Anyway, God bless you, dear, for your future endeavors.' Though she was a little bitter earlier, she didn't want to harm him. 

“Who…who is she?” Alex was perplexed because he couldn’t grasp the meaning behind my words. 

"It might choke your life someday if you claim something you can't achieve if you lack sheer courage." I replied as I shoved him aside and sat beside Nashy. 

“I won't forget this, you punk. Just you wait.” With that he rushed outside. Conversely, Nashy gave me a gentle pat on the back and said, “Ley you shouldn’t lose your cool, got it? In the future, try to succeed more verbally.” 

However, she was genuinely happy within, much like a virtuous wife who worries about her husband's wellbeing. Stephy looked at me, and a few tears streamed down her cheeks, as she only knew how she was feeling inside. I then began to feel a little more at ease and struck up a conversation with the women. 

20