Chapter 36 I admit Defeat.
311 2 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello Readers

I might upload the next chapter, by midnight if I can finish it by today. 

Ryan was completely taken aback when he heard Jay's words because he had not expected Joseph to be so eager to make his move. As a result, his eyes turned crimson red, and he clenched his fists, digging his nails into his palm. Stephanie, on the other hand, was least bothered by Joseph’s cunning plan. Because she was familiar with every single trick he could pull off, as she knew him at her fingertips. He was simply after Ryan, either for his blood or for something, she isn't aware of yet. 

The feud between Joseph and David Ley arose from jealousy over power and background. Joseph knew he couldn't afford to offend David, when he had the Ley Family's backing, thus resorting to joining hands with Marcus. As a result of Joseph and Marcus's deceit, David Ley faced innumerable obstacles, yet Stephanie stood beside him and cleared every mess they created. She also knew that Marcus was the most evil and vicious of them all. She hated him to her very bones, for because of him, David Ley was brought to his knees. He was full of malice and would go to any length for power, wealth, and prosperity. Thus she thought of revisiting the Ley Family, after clearing up Joseph Smith. 

Stephanie also recalled the times when David Ley brought her into his clan and how everyone there opposed her rather than accepting her as an adopted daughter. But there was one exception: the old man, who was the patriarch back then. The patriarch took her in and provided her with everything she required after discovering something mysterious about her while inspecting her palm. 

Ryan was the only one who comforted her since then, despite the fact that he was younger than her and she was despised by the clan. Despite being shunned by others, he frequently shielded her by taking blame on himself. He was also beaten for his protective nature toward his sister. That demonstrated Ryan's only concern for her. 

Henceforth, Stephanie committed herself to defending her younger brother, even if it meant going to hell. From then on, only he matters to her, and the rest are like flies hovering around her. She smirked at the thought of Joseph declaring war and told Jay, "Make the arrangements. This time, not only I won't spare him, but I will offer his head to dad.” 

“Roger ma'am.” Jay then set off for the preparations. Meanwhile, Stephanie looked at Ryan and said, "Ley, go with Nashy to settle the issue." 

I hummed in agreement and was about to leave when we heard a knock at the door. Puzzled, I opened the door, only to be met by a cold and enchanting woman dressed as a cop. She was stunning, but she had coldness on her face, as if she knew she had complete control. She has a curvaceous figure comparable to Shanaya. Her aloofness, however, conveyed a sense of royalty. As if she were from a mysterious background. 

She shoved me aside and stepped into the living hall, declaring, "I am Revati Hoffman, the Senior Inspector of Nivea Police Station, and we have received a complaint about Mr. Ryan Ley attempting to murder an innocent person at the public site. So, Mr. Ryan, please come forward and surrender or it won't be easy for you.” 

I was truly astounded by the ferocious aura she exuded, as if she would chew the murderer without mercy. Stephanie, on the other hand, mused at the police's righteous words. Then she got up and approached her, "So you are Revati, right?" She chuckled, her gaze drawn to the tag on her chest. 

“Any issues?” She let out a grimace. 

“Affirmative. As you said about the murder, I was there in the flesh. Not only I, but my friends were also there, but it's strange to bear that you won't even acknowledge the witnesses.” 

“Well, I'm not here to seek your justification or any other explanations. What I'm doing is my duty, and you need to abide by it, so please stay away. We must arrest him until he is proven innocent, not by you, but by his actions." 

“Haha, Stephy, this woman is quite honest, huh? Not only is she abiding by the rules properly, but she also sides with the mightier ones. Such double standards.” Leona chuckled as she looked at Revati, thinking she was just a blockhead. 

“How dare you say that? I'm a righteous officer, and what I do is for the benefit of society.” She shrieked, her gaze fixed on Leona. She can't stand anyone insulting her work. Normally, Revati is a kind and generous woman, but when it comes to work, she transforms into a fierce tigress. 

“Why? Did I hit the nail, huh?” Leona mocked her. For some reason, she liked teasing Revati to the extent of making her cry. 

Truth to be told, Revati’s face indeed fell down as she started to get annoyed, yet she gnashed her teeth, and barked, “I'm warning both of you to not throw mud on an on-duty police officer, or it won't do good for anyone. Mr. Ryan Ley, you better come with us, or I will make sure to give you beautiful surprises that will make you pee in your pants.” 

It was not because she was annoyed, but the sight of two stunning women towering over her made her lose confidence. She was aware that they were not parallel to her realm. Nonetheless, she felt jealous and envious when she saw Stephanie. 

Indeed, Stephanie maintains herself flawlessly. She only wears Ryan's favorite colors when dressing herself. Despite being a devoted, possessive, and a caring elder sister, her love for her brother cannot be expressed in words, but only through small feelings she makes. 

Stephanie's possessiveness stems from the fact that she never had a sibling while living with her biological parents. As a result, she immersed herself in a world of fantasies, skills with which she coped with her loneliness. Secondly, when her family was exterminated overnight and she was on the run, David Ley rescued her from her nemesis and brought her home. At the sight of a chubby boy playing with a teddy bear, she instantly fell in love with him, swearing herself to take care of him throughout her life.

Thus, as a result, Stephanie till date never compromised anything for her brother. Just as Revati was about to say something, a loud shriek echoed from the back; "Who dares to touch my hubby?" 

Revati stood there motionless and perplexed, and as she turned around to see the source of the voice, her jaw dropped. Natasha was way out of her league. Whether it was her appearance or the aura she exudes, it was enough to make her feel insecure. Revati's jealousy spiked to the point of eruption as she looked at Natasha's chest. Because she had B cups, whereas Nashy carries E cups. It was enough to crush her self-esteem. 

Then Natasha came over to her and said, "I heard someone talking about taking my husband into custody. Was that you?" She deliberately asked her, thus prompting her to reassess the situation once again. Revati, a little confused and scared, avoided her icy gaze. 

‘Come on, Revati, You're a Senior Inspector and hold a lot of power. How could she overpower you? Yes, I agree that she's quite appealing, but so what? Could she judge your words? No way.’ Reminding herself that she is an officer with authority, she nodded, "Yes, that was me. Why? Are you here to teach me how to do things?” Readjusting her service cap, she thought she could intimidate her. 

To her dismay, however, Natasha crossed her arms over her chest and chuckled, "Not here, but at the police station." Then she turned to Stephanie and whispered, “Stephy don't worry, I'll bail him out within five minutes.” To which Stephanie nodded and said to Revati, “Miss. Revati my brother will comply with your procedures, no worries.” She then winked at Ryan, and assured him, as if saying, ‘Don’t worry, your wife will fix it.’

With that, they took Ryan and headed straight to the police station. In the midst of the drive, Revati gave Ryan a scowl as she peered at him through the rearview mirror. 

Nivea City Police Station

At the police station, I was taken into the interrogation room and was seated on a wooden chair. With my hands in handcuffs, I was facing a draft that said, "Confession."

The door opened and Revati entered as she gazed at me with hatred, jealousy, and grimace. Her attitude was as though I were a small fry that she could easily crush. She sat across from me and gazed coldly, "Sign it." 

Even though I knew what she was getting at, I ignored her and turned to look out the window on the side. She growled, "How dare you disrespect me?" with rage in her eyes. 

Innocently, I inquired, "What have I done? Neither I made any comments nor I leered at you. Then why are you making things difficult for me?” 

"You…" She was dumbfounded and couldn't retort, as she couldn't find words to defend herself. Indeed, Ryan didn't pass any comments. So she was a little lost, but then she gathered herself and yelled, “So what? You have attempted to murder Alex without any good intentions; this is enough for you to rot here.” 

“Is this the way you interrogate? Then I'm extremely displeased by your actions. I assumed you would ask for confessions from both parties and then reach a conclusion. But it looks like those were all my imaginations.” I stared at her with a smirk on my face. 

“How… How dare you question my authority? It's not your call to teach me about the procedures. Also, if you keep staring at me, I will dig out your eyes and give them to your wife as a gift. Don’t think I am bluffing; I could actually pull that off.” She then reached for a fork and set it down on the table. 

"Well. So you're another feminist, a self-centred woman, huh? Do you really think that you could attract or tempt me? Then, I hate to say it, but you lack that charisma. That is a charm only my fiancée possesses. You can't even hold a candle to Natasha's beauty. Furthermore, don’t fret; I am not attracted to women who have a flat runaway and a foul mouth.” I sneered as I thought, 'Sorry, Revati, but I detest feminists and horrible conceited women.’ 

On the other hand, Revati's anger was roiling inside of her, causing her chest to heave up and down. She felt a little embarrassed as it was a blow to her self-esteem, and her face flushed, but her only thought was, ‘How could he just say that? I…I indeed lack a little bit, but I am pretty beautiful. Furthermore, I was just a little angry with you; why do you have to be so blunt? If not, no one would catch a glimpse of me. But how could he resist my charms? Is that portion of him disordered, or is he really that capable? But his wife is indeed way out of my league.’ Tears welled up as she lowered her cute face and wiped them away. 

Revati wasn't conceited or a feminist, but she takes pride in having been a dedicated police officer for over four years. She has a strict upbringing and a powerful background. Her pride stemmed from the fact that she had recently been promoted to Senior Inspector. She was a little proud, but she is a nice and trustworthy woman. She always serves with justice and equality, never favoring the wealthy over the poor. Because Revati is a devoted, honorable woman who maintains order and brings everything into balance, that was the only factor in her prompt promotion, as higher-ups were aware of her hard work. 

Her tears continued to flow as she angrily stated, "Don’t you know how to talk to a woman? Didn't your mom teach you manners?” 

"My mother passed away when she gave birth to me. All I have now are my sisters and my fiancée. And as for manners, I do have my own principles, but I forget them when someone pushes me to the brink. At that point, only the devil inside me confronts the person before me, regardless of gender. Men and women, in my opinion, are the same and should be treated equally. Just because you're a woman doesn't mean that you carry the power and can trample anyone beneath your feet."Coldly, I uttered. 

Revati was completely taken aback because she never imagined a person of her age could speak such powerful words and easily manipulate anyone around him. Not because he's too noisy, but because what he did speak was a fact. 

"But... still, you call yourself a man, and can't you even bear a few insults? Are you truly a man? I have heard that every man out there faces brutality but remains silent, but you do not know how to placate a woman?" Having failed to use reason, she began attacking him with emotional intelligence. 

“There you go wrong, Miss Revati. Men do indeed face a great deal of abuse and accusations, but the real question is: Why? Why should every man have to be trampled by a woman who is a sadist? Why should men be used as scapegoats when a woman has no chance to defend herself? Why should men sacrifice themselves for love when all they get is betrayal? Tell me. Which constitution specifically mentions these laws? And if they are, I will stab myself right now. Forget about those; just now, didn't you insult me with such harsh words? And, when I retorted against you, why were you weeping like a baby? Just because women are fragile, they can't always be virtuous every time, right? Because vanity is their most valuable asset, you women only know how to place all the blame on men. Every woman there is, just gold diggers, with a few exceptions, my family and friends.” With that, my demeanor stabilized as I wrapped up my speech. 

Clap

Clap

Clap

Her colleagues began to thunderous applause outside the room, as Ryan words echoed and the door was kept a little ajar. For the first time, they felt a ball of flame igniting in their hearts. Afterwards, when Revati yelled at them, the applause died down and they got back to work. 

“I admit defeat. But let's talk about the impending case that's fidgeting for both of us.” Revati sighed. She knew she couldn't gain the upper hand in words because what he said was truly honest, thus she conceded defeat. 

“As a man, I can't bear to see a woman of nearly my age get defeated with mere words. As a result, I apologize for hurting you because I was not rational. In addition, I am at a loss for words in this situation and will leave it all up to your discretion. But all I want to say is that I acted out of reflex, as I was being provoked constantly. In other words, self-defense. Because when a family is harassed in public, no sane man can keep himself in check.” 

She was pleased that he had finally apologized to her, but she didn’t show it. But on the second note, realization dawned upon her as she felt something amiss from the day she took over the case. To her dismay, she could not find the missing pieces. Since Ryan has confessed something and placed her in his trust, she ought to give him equality and justice. 

“Alright. Wait for me.” With that she strode outside, leaving Ryan alone inside the room. 

 


19