33 New Mangekyou Ability
325 1 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Disclaimer: I am unsure of Second Mangekyou Abilities existing after someone gets an EMS, though I am aware EMS's only effects are negating loss of vision, but here goes nothing... I hope you guys will forgive me for doing this, but I am going to bite the bullet and include Second Mangekyou Ability as a real thing. I hope this doesn't ruin immersion. My rationale for doing this is fairly simple: it is such a waste to be unable to use second MS ability. Obito has been shown he is capable of doing it, however, I am unsure of the method, my best bet is he does it by putting other Sharingan in his eye socket as if they are replaceable equipment. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter

Obito wakes up abruptly, disoriented by the howling winds that buffet him mercilessly. As he groggily shakes off the remnants of sleep, he becomes acutely aware of his peculiar surroundings. Blinking rapidly, he realizes with a jolt that he's perched precariously inside the carved nostril of the Hokage Rock, nestled within the colossal visage of the Second Hokage.

"Whoa... What in the world?" Obito mutters to himself, his voice barely audible over the gusts of wind.

He swiftly springs into action, his shinobi instincts taking over as he agilely maneuvers himself to stand atop Tobirama's monumental nose.

"Okay, okay... I knew I recognized that nose… This is... unexpected," Obito murmurs, his eyes scanning the vast expanse of Konoha sprawled out below him. Despite the dizzying height, there's a strange sense of tranquility in seeing the village from such a perspective.

"Just breathe... take it all in," he tells himself, trying to calm the sudden rush of emotions.

But then, without warning, a sharp pain pierces through his skull, causing him to wince and clutch at his temples. Memories, vivid and harrowing, flood his mind with a forceful intensity, blending with his own fragmented recollections.

"Agh... not now," Obito grits his teeth, his voice strained with the weight of the memories assaulting him. “Fucking Tobi did it this time—”

The cacophony of images and sensations threatens to overwhelm him, but he grits his teeth, determined to push through the onslaught… and then he falls… head first to the earth as the memories eat him.

…………………..

……………….

…………..

……..

….

.

Tobi, despite all the craziness he's capable of, hasn't yet plunged into the depths of insanity where he loses all reason. That's why he conscientiously wears his disguise before deciding to mess with Danzo.

Moving with the silence of a shadow and his white mask concealing his intent, he slips into the Shimura Clan's residence. The black robes swirl around him, blending seamlessly with the darkness of the night. With his Kamui activated, he materializes behind Danzo, his presence undetected until the very last moment.

"Surprise, Danzo," Tobi whispers, his voice a chilling echo in the stillness of the room.

Danzo's reflexes kick in just in time. As Tobi lunges forward with his Kunai, Danzo rolls away, narrowly avoiding the fatal strike. With practiced precision, Danzo retaliates, hurling kunai back at Tobi with lethal intent.

Tobi twists and dodges, the projectiles grazing past him as he regains his balance. "You're quick, Danzo," he remarks, a hint of admiration in his tone. "Also, before you start complaining— this is not a sneak attack. I did say ‘surprise’ like some warning before stabbing. All Uchiha know that it is basic not to shout a war cry or throw snide remarks during an ambush."

Danzo frowns, his only visible eye looking at him with contempt. "If this is your idea of an assassination, it is a very poor attempt," he remarks, his voice laced with disdain.

Tobi smirks beneath his mask, unfazed by Danzo's remark. "And you are complaining… Not much for disclaimers, huh? You haven't seen anything yet," he replies with annoyance as he twirls his kunai between his fingers.

Danzo's lip curls in disgust as he readies himself for another round of combat. "You're nothing but a coward hiding behind a mask," he spits out, his voice dripping with disdain. “You are an impostor, a random kid wanting to play Madara because he thinks of himself as infallible. You don’t know Madara, but I knew… A fake like you will never be capable of a tenth of the terror he can wield.”

Tobi chuckles softly, the sound echoing eerily in the room. "And you're nothing but a relic of a bygone era, Danzo. A relic that I plan to bury once and for all," he retorts, his tone filled with determination.

As the tension between them escalates, shadows begin to stir around them. Shimura Clan shinobis emerge from the darkness, surrounding Tobi with their weapons drawn.

"Kid," Danzo sneers, a malicious glint in his eye. "It seems you've overestimated yourself. I will pry that mask out of yourself, and punish you in front of the rest of the Uchiha."

Tobi's grin widens beneath his mask as he glances around at the assembled shinobis. "Oh, I don't think so, Danzo. I believe you've walked right into mine," he replies confidently, his Sharingan glowing ominously behind his mask.

This is just perfect!

With a swift motion, Tobi disappears into thin air, leaving behind only a swirl of black robes. The Shimura Clan shinobis look around in confusion, realizing too late that their quarry has slipped through their fingers once again.

Only for one of them to so suddenly vanish—

“What is happening?” Danzo frowns as a swirling black mass instantaneously devours one of his subordinates, a particular Jonin whom Danzo pegs as quite a talented youth. “Form two cell teams, watch each other’s back…”

As chaos erupts in the Shimura Clan's residence, Tobi moves with calculated precision, his Sharingan keenly tracking the movements of the Jonin-level scattered in two-man cells. He transforms the ordinary-looking stick he has in the shape of a sword brimming with chakra, and cuts Jonin into a bloody half. With a flicker of movement, he sidesteps a charging shinobi, sweeping another beneath his leg with effortless grace.

"You fools," Tobi taunts, his voice echoing through the turmoil. "You talentless ignorant fools!"

The Jonin, undeterred by their comrade's demise, press on, their weapons glinting in the dim light of the room. One of them charges at Tobi with a sword, but to their astonishment, their strike passes through him as if he were an apparition.

"What sorcery is this?!" the shinobi exclaims in disbelief.

Tobi, seizing the opportunity, disarms the bewildered Jonin, swiftly driving the sword into the liver of another nearby foe. With a swift motion, he beheads the original owner of the sword, his dual-wielding movements are fluid and precise.

As he tilts to the side to evade a kunai hurtling towards him, Tobi's keen eyes catch sight of an explosive tag latched onto the weapon. Without hesitation, he lets go of his metal sword, grabs the tag, and shoves it at a nearby Jonin's throat, causing a violent explosion that sends skull fragments and brain mush flying in all directions.

The remaining Jonin, realizing they are outmatched, attempt to regroup and form tighter defensive positions, but Tobi is one step ahead. With a sinister grin hidden beneath his mask, he vanishes once more into the shadows, leaving the Shimura Clan's shinobi to panic, and even Danzo is helplessly looking around.

Tobi reappears behind a group of confused shinobi, his Mangekyou Sharingan swirling with malicious intent. "You can run, but you can't hide," he whispers, his voice dripping with menace.

The shinobi whirl around, their eyes widening in horror as they realize Tobi's proximity. Before they can react, he activates his Kamui, and with a swift gesture, sends them hurtling into another dimension.

Danzo watches with a mixture of shock and fury as his men disappear one by one. "Impossible," he mutters, his hands clenched into fists. "What kind of jutsu is this? This is the first time I heard of something like this…"

Tobi's laughter echoes through the chaos, chilling the very air around them. "It's a jutsu you'll never understand, Danzo," he taunts, his eyes flashing with amusement. "But don't worry, you'll join them soon enough."

With lightning-fast reflexes, Tobi dodges a barrage of shuriken, his movements fluid and graceful. "You can't defeat me, Danzo," he declares, his voice ringing with confidence. "I am the embodiment of chaos, and you are nothing but an old dog desperately clinging to the glory of his past and his clan."

Tobi uses his Kamui Running in combination with his Body Flicker and Intangibility to phase through solid matter as he takes advantage of his foes’ blind spots. Once he gets in range of a befuddled shinobi, he only needs to use his Kamui and send them to another dimensional space. It is a cruel but effective strategy, stranding people to another dimension is almost a surefire way to kill his opponent. And it will be painful, dying by starvation is definitely not a nice way to go away.

The Shimura Clan Shinobis fall like flies, and some— are devoured like flies by his Kamui.

Danzo watches his shinobis either getting dismembered or devoured by the strange spiral Doujutsu the self-proclaimed Madara is using until Danzo is the only one left. Faking his confidence, Danzo stands straighter in a very poor attempt to preserve his honor.

But to Tobi, the old man almost looks cute, like a baby gorilla making itself look big because the neighborhood gorilla wants to make babies with his mama gorilla cuz stuff happens… not the best analogy, but it is a funny analogy. Tobi takes mental note of the joke.

The Shimura Clan like the Sarutobi Clan are considered to be great households by virtue of their shinobi's skills. Despite not possessing a Bloodline Limit, they manage to rise to the level of fame and influence they have. However, unlike the Sarutobi Clan who has managed to stay afloat, the Shimura Clan isn’t doing well. The only thing Danzo has is his political clout, and there is no political clout he can use to defend himself.

Danzo’s eye is fixed on Tobi behind the mask. "What do you want, imposter?" he demands, his voice tinged with defiance.

Tobi chuckles darkly, his gaze piercing through Danzo's facade. "What do I want?" he repeats, his tone dripping with mockery. "I want World Peace! Isn’t that such a noble goal? Once upon a time, I tried to attain it by hook and crook. Guess what? Apparently, my methods and my teacher’s methods are utterly counterproductive. Now, I am taking a different approach— by getting rid of villains like you, one day, this world will be peaceful enough to not self-destruct. It is wishful thinking, but hey~ cut me some slack, I am not really mentally okay, okay?"

Danzo narrows his only eye, his grip tightening on his kunai. "You won't get away with this," he warns, his voice filled with determination. "The Hidden Leaf Village will hunt you down like the rabid dog you are."

Tobi's laughter echoes through the room, sending shivers down Danzo's spine. "Oh, I'm counting on it," he replies, his voice laced with malice. "Unfortunately, they will not even know I have been here… and they surely will never be able to track me. You see, it's about drive, it's about power. We stay hungry, we devour. Put in the work, put in the hours—"

Danzo's eye narrows further, a flicker of uncertainty crossing his face. "You're delusional," he spits out, his voice tinged with desperation. "You'll never succeed."

“Okay, okay… I don’t even know what I am saying. And I was hoping I might actually be mentally sound, but no shit.” Tobi's smirk widens beneath his mask, his Sharingan glowing ominously. "Oh in case you are wondering, Danzo," he remarks, his voice filled with confidence. "Do you know why I am taking my sweet time to talk to you?"

“Why?” Danzo replies, not keen on finding out.

“It is about impact, you know… It is so that I can inflict you the highest amount of despair possible…” Tobi’s nonchalant attitude grates on Danzo, which the old shinobi takes advantage of in great strides.

As Danzo gathers his resolve for a desperate strike, he channels chakra into his lungs, preparing to unleash his Wind Release: Vacuum Blade. But before he can even complete the hand signs, Tobi is already upon him, his movements a blur of speed.

With a swift flick of his wrist, Tobi's kunai intercepts Danzo's attack, shattering the vacuum blade before it can fully form. Danzo's eye widens in shock as he realizes he's been outmaneuvered once again.

"Tsk, tsk, Danzo," Tobi chides, his voice dripping with derision. "You'll have to do better than that."

Before Danzo can react, Tobi's Mangekyou Sharingan flares to life, engulfing the room in a crimson hue. Time seems to slow to a crawl as Danzo finds himself ensnared within the genjutsu— Tsukyomi, one of the most powerful genjutsu in existence.

Kansei or Perfect Replication has allowed Tobi to perfectly imitate any Bloodline Limit Technique at a certain number of times a day. Since he has only acquired this new ability, the best that he can do is once a day. But for Danzo, it is more than enough.

"No... this can't be..." Danzo mutters, his voice trembling with fear.

But Tobi shows no mercy as he delves deep into Danzo's mind, unraveling his darkest fears and insecurities. In the illusion, Danzo is trapped in a nightmarish world where his failures and betrayals are laid bare for all to see.

"You are nothing, Danzo," Tobi whispers, his voice echoing in the recesses of Danzo's mind. "A relic of a forgotten past, doomed to fade into obscurity."

Danzo screams in anguish as the illusion consumes him, his very essence crumbling under the weight of Tobi's psychic assault. Using his Tsukuyomi, Tobi traps Danzo in an eternity of illusion… With each passing moment, his spirit, mind, and soul are torn asunder, leaving nothing but a husk of his former self.

And as the last vestiges of Danzo's consciousness fade into oblivion, Tobi's laughter reverberates through the darkness of the night. His usage of the new Mangkyou Ability is at full and brutal display— it is just perfect…


When it comes to the new MS ability for Obito, I am thinking between Tsukuyomi or creating a new one. In the end, I created a new one, in fact, I created two and debated in my head which is better for the story: (1) Kansei which means Perfect Replication, or (2) Jinsei which means Human/Life or along those lines. On top of being fun, I think Obito's 'antipode' should be related to mortal-ish. I am thinking of something like Authority of Humanity, call it Jinsei, a Mangekyou Ability that nullifies the jutsu of others. I decided against Jinsei because it is way too OP, more OP than Perfect Replication. At least, I have leeway with Kansei, I can make it so that the number of times it can be used is less if compared to other Bloodline Limit Techniques that are practiced to the extreme. If Sasuske for example can use Amaterasu indefinitely as long as he has chakra, then Obito will have to stop using it at some point after copying it. That's one way how to put it. I am more inclined to make it so that Kansei records techniques, once seen, it is recorded like a bullet, so after a perfectly replicated technique is used, Obito will have to reload again.

Spoiler

Fun tidbit: I have always found Obito's lack of EMS annoying in the series. Besides the badass eye patterns, Obito would be a lot steadier in technique and practice if he had a stable 'second' Mangekyou ability, because that way, he could develop and refine his techniques much faster, and deadlier. I don't really get why Sasuke in the series even after receiving Itachi's MS, Sasuke cannot use Tsukuyomi (or maybe he doesn't like to use it). But Obito in the series just keeps on resorting to eye replacement like the Sharingan is some ninja tool, allowing him more abilities. For example, Obito casting Limited Tsukuyomi.

This is just a theory, if we follow this fanfic's plot, this is what most likely happened: A decade ago, Madara visited the Uchiha Clan to start his prototype nurturing project for an heir/tool. To ensure, this tool's peak strength caps at a certain level, and doesn't go out of hand, and rebel, Madara made sure Obito won't form 'brotherly' or 'sisterly' love with the other Uchiha kids, thus ensuring that he doesn't acquire EMS. One requirement of EMS is for the Uchiha relative to 'willingly' give their Mangekyou to their blood kin. By isolating Obito from the rest of Uchiha via his deal with Fugaku, Obito wasn't able to form bonds and real connections with his blood kin thus removing any possibility of him acquiring EMS. Unfortunately, in this fanfic, 'Tobi' is skilled enough to overwrite some limitations, and experienced enough to take advantage of loopholes. Bless Tobi's real grandma, her soul may rest in peace in Takamagahara.

[collapse]
18