40. End of Book 1- Hidden Leaf
377 5 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sunlight filters through the curtains, casting a warm glow into Kushina's cozy kitchen as she lays out the table for her unexpected guests. She hears a knock on the door and rushes to open it, revealing Rin, Kakashi, and Obito standing on her doorstep.

"Rin! Kakashi! Obito! Come in, come in," Kushina greets them with a wide smile, ushering them inside. "I'm so glad you kids could make it."

Rin's eyes light up as she steps into the familiar surroundings of Kushina's home, immediately enveloping her in a warm hug. "Thank you for inviting us, Kushina-san. It's been too long!"

Kakashi bows respectfully, his silver hair falling gracefully over one eye. "Thank you for having us, Kushina-sama. Your hospitality is always appreciated."

Obito, on the other hand, grumbles under his breath, kicking at the floor like an annoying brat. "Yeah, whatever. Can we just eat already? I'm starving."

Ungrateful brat, this kid needs to learn manners though that can wait for another time… Kushina feels a wave of sympathy for the boy who has just recently lost his grandma.

Kushina laughs heartily at Obito's impatience, leading them to the dining table where bowls of steaming salted ramen await. "Of course, Obito! Dig in, everyone. This is my favorite—made with extra love!"

As they settle around the table, the atmosphere fills with chatter and laughter, temporarily chasing away the boredom that had settled in Kushina's heart because of Minato's absence on his S-rank mission. Today, she finds solace in the company of her lover’s cherished pupils, grateful for the bond they share.

The aroma of the salty broth wafts through the air, mingling with the tangy scent of fresh noodles. Steam rises lazily from the bowls, carrying with it hints of rich pork and savory spices. Each bowl is adorned with slices of tender chashu pork, perfectly cooked eggs with silky yolks, and a generous sprinkling of green onions and sesame seeds.

Rin's eyes widen in delight as she takes in the sight of the mouthwatering ramen. "Wow, Kushina-san, this looks amazing! Thank you so much for cooking for us."

Kushina beams with pride at Rin's reaction, her heart swelling with happiness. "You're welcome, Rin dear. It's my pleasure to cook for such wonderful guests."

Kakashi nods in agreement, his visible eye sparkling with anticipation. "Indeed, Kushina-sama. Your ramen always exceeds expectations."

Obito, his grumbling momentarily forgotten, eagerly grabs his chopsticks and dives into his bowl with gusto. His eyes close in bliss as he takes his first slurp, savoring the familiar flavors. "Mmm, this is so good. Thanks, Kushina."

Kushina chuckles warmly at Obito's newfound enthusiasm, feeling a sense of satisfaction wash over her. "You're welcome, Obito-kun. Eat up, everyone, and make sure to leave room for seconds!"

Recently, Obito has been on a rebellious streak. Kushina sighs, recalling hushed whispers about Obito trying to explode the Hokage Rock some time ago. And then there is Kakashi who has become overly respectful for some weird reason. Kushina is reminded of that one time when Kakashi called out her age. The sweetest thing here is definitely Rin.

“Eat up, eat up, guys so that you grow strong and tall!” She remarks.

……….

…….

.

The village streets bustle with life as merchants peddle their wares and villagers go about their daily routines with smiles on their faces. The towering Hokage Rock stands as a symbol of strength and unity, overlooking the village with a watchful gaze. Within the village walls, the Academy teems with eager young minds, ready to embark on their journeys as shinobi under the guidance of skilled teachers.

At the heart of this tranquil scene lies a sense of camaraderie that permeates every aspect of village life. Bonds forged through hardship and sacrifice now serve as the foundation upon which the village stands. Whether it's the friendly banter exchanged between teammates on a mission or the laughter shared over a meal, the spirit of cooperation and mutual respect prevails.

Even in times of peace while fragile, people still try their best to unite themselves. Indeed, the threat of rogue ninjas or external forces seeking to disrupt the harmony of Konoha is ever-present, requiring constant vigilance from its protectors. Yet, with leaders like the Third Hokage Hiruzen at the helm and a new generation of talented shinobi rising to the occasion, the village remains steadfast in its resolve to defend its way of life.

From afar, standing on a tree branch, Minato looks over the distant silhouette of Konoha, the Village Hidden by Tree Leaves, for one last time. “I will be back soon.” And then— he vanishes with the wind.

Announcement
It is a short chapter, but not so bad considering that it is a chapter to conclude the arc. I won't be posting any Obito fic soon, since I'd like to focus on my TNE fanfic, I am about done there and should finish. I have so many eunuch novels, so I'd like to at least finish one fic with a proper ending. I don't know when I will be back posting another chap for this fic, but see you again.
13