15 No Witnesses
317 4 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As of this moment, the Chuin Exams should be in high gear. This is the perfect opportunity for Obito to infiltrate Orochimaru’s laboratory. Obito has been canvassing the area and investigating what kinds of ninjas are guarding the facilities for some time.

The information Obito has on Orochimaru is not so comprehensive Obito can easily infiltrate his laboratory. Admittedly, Obito knows some stuff, thanks to his memories of the future.

So what is his goal exactly from infiltrating Orochimaru’s lab?

He has multiple goals in fact. Primarily, Obito wishes to acquire samples of Hashirama Senju’s cells that he wishes to cultivate for his own use. Orochimaru’s possession of the Hashirama Cells is illegal, and Obito would love to acquire it for himself. Obito’s secondary objective is to expose Orochimaru for his illegal activities and have him exiled from Konoha— basically, Obito is going to play vigilante.

Under the cover of darkness, Obito silently made his way toward Orochimaru's laboratory, his black robes billowing in the forest breeze. The Chuin Exams provided the perfect distraction, allowing him this opportunity. Frankly, Obito is suicidal for daring to confront one of the Legendary Sannins at his current level.

His eyes, hidden behind the plain white mask, reflect the resolve fueled by memories from a future that hasn't yet unfolded. Obito’s selection of masks isn’t so extensive so he has to settle with the boring white mask… Personally, he’d like a tiger mask, but no… too pricey. He just bought quality sickles and chains for Tobi recently, so he is pretty much under when it comes to his personal wealth.

As he approaches Orochimaru's laboratory, concealed within the labyrinth of trees, Obito's primary goal looms in his mind. The coveted Hashirama Senju's cells, a source of immense power, draw him closer. He envisions cultivating and harnessing that power for his own purposes, reinforcing his strength and capabilities. The illegality of Orochimaru's possession only motivates Obito to obtain these precious samples.

Obito, shrouded in the shade of trees, utilizes his knowledge of the guard rotations gained from meticulous reconnaissance. Swiftly and silently, he infiltrates the laboratory grounds, relying on his stealth to slip past the watchful eyes of Orochimaru's minions. His baggy black robes conceal an arsenal of hidden weapons, ready to be deployed at a moment's notice.

As he maneuvers through the facility, Obito's secondary objective takes shape. The intention to expose Orochimaru's illegal activities adds a layer of justice to his clandestine mission. Obito, fueled by a sense of vigilante duty, seeks to bring Orochimaru's deeds to light… this is for the good of Konoh!

A random diversion, but Obito actually wants to start with Danzo, but Orochimaru is a more immediate threat, so he’ll want to mess with this guy first.

There will be many Chunin-level guards, not to mention elite Jonin ninjas actually making patrols.

In terms of firepower, Obito is marvelously outclassed, but Obito has not come unprepared.

Memory Future Past Regression Technique… It is a special technique derived from Shadow Clone: Alter Ego. It is common knowledge that a Shadow Clone can transfer memories/experiences to some extent after being dispelled. That makes Shadow Clone an effective technique for reconnaissance.

Using a ‘split personality’ as a mental axis, Obito is able to summon a Shadow Clone possessing Tobi’s will. It is said that a person’s Shadow Clone can only perform abilities that the caster is able to use. However, the Shadow Clone born from Obito’s Alter Ego namely ‘Tobi’ can perform abilities beyond Obito’s skillset all thanks to ‘Tobi’ having experienced the future with his body, spirit, and soul.

It is shitty and wacky theorization, but this is how Obito understands the function of the jutsu, Shadow Clone: Alter Ego. In summary, it works, so it is fine.

The real question is… What happens if Tobi performs a technique, or jutsu while inside the Shadow Clone? The result— Obito can accelerate the learning process of ninjutsu, genjutsu, and taijutsu as long as his specs are up to it. For the past couple of days, Obito has been cramming and learning a bunch of tricks.

Currently, Obito can cast C-rank Ninjutsu twice or thrice in single combat, and if he really stretches himself thin, he can even cast a B-rank jutsu. The thing is… Obito is only capable of casting two kinds of ninjutsu namely the C-rank Great Fireball Technique, and B-rank Great Fire Annihilation.

Though Obito might lack versatility, he makes up with his Sharingan. It is only a single tomoe, but it is plenty enough.

With impeccable timing, Obito leaps over the fence, utilizing a group of trees as a natural elevation. His black robes billow behind him as he soars through the air, landing with remarkable lightness on the other side. The seconds tick away, and he knows he has a mere 0.8 seconds before the next set of patrols arrives in this specific area.

Swiftly, Obito's hands weave through seals, Dog + Boar + Ram!

The chakra courses through him as he executes the Transformation Technique. In an instant, he morphs into a seemingly ordinary bush, blending seamlessly with the surroundings. The transition is flawless, leaving no trace of his ninja presence.

As the patrols draw near, Obito, now disguised as foliage, remains motionless. His senses heightened, he observes their movements with the patience of a seasoned infiltrator. The black robes now mimic the texture of leaves, and the white mask becomes an indistinguishable part of the bush.

Obito, concealed in plain sight, waits for the opportune moment to resume his mission.

The two Chunins stroll casually along the wooded path, oblivious to the fact that the seemingly ordinary bush they pass harbors a hidden observer. Obito's keen ears catch snippets of their conversation as they boast about their exploits during the Chunin Exams.

"You remember that one time during the Exams when I took down three opponents with a single well-placed jutsu? They didn't see it coming at all!"

"Ha! That's nothing compared to the time I outsmarted that tricky genjutsu user. Had him thinking I was in a different dimension altogether!"

Obito, concealed within the foliage, maintains his stillness, absorbing every detail of their exchange. His thoughts remain focused on the mission, but a subtle smirk forms beneath the white mask, amused by the Chunins' competitive banter. “This guys really have it… I am not even attending the Chunin Exams, but I am going to pass it…” Obito boasts to himself.

"Those were the days, huh? I bet we're making legends out of those stories back at the village."

"Absolutely! And speaking of legends, have you heard about that ninja who's been causing a stir lately? They say he is a maverick genius, already a chunin at 6 years old. And for some reason, he is retaking the Chunin Exams."

Obito's ears perk up at the mention of the 'genius' ninja. He listens intently, curious about the tales circulating about his certain friend’s reputation. The Chunins, unaware of the presence within the bush, continue their conversation, unknowingly sharing information about the very ninja they discuss.

"I heard his father is a disgrace though! Poor kid, must be difficult for him, huh? But it must be nice being talented and all."

"Rumors say the kid is recommended to take early Jonin admission test… Who is it? Yeah, that Career Ninja, Minato Namikaze seems to have been promoting him from behind the scenes…"

Obito, concealed as the ordinary bush, absorbs the information with a heightened sense of awareness. The disguised ninja remains patient, waiting for the opportune moment to resume his mission. To be fair, Obito is being very patient here.

Though Obito has a kind of bad blood with Kakashi, he is still his friend. So hearing others badmouth his friend leaves Obito with a bad taste in his mouth, not to mention badmouthing his Minato-sensei. The term ‘Career Ninja’ is offensive and a derogatory term for Clanless Ninjas after all.

Obito deliberates on what to do. After a good second, Obito leaves the two chunin and quietly waits. One of the Chunin remarks, “Hey, has there always been a bush here? This looks suspicious.”

“Yeah,” The other Chunin replies as he takes out a kunai. “Let me prod it, maybe it is just an undergrowth from over the fence.”

Obito sighs, aware that it really is not realistic to avoid confrontation while infiltrating such a high-level facility. Obito, disguised as a bush, can't resist a mischievous impulse.

As the two Chunin continue their conversation, he interrupts, teasing the closest one- the one with the kunai. "Hey," While uttering these words, Obito mimics the voice of the other Chunin. "Your zipper's down." 

The Chunin looks down in surprise, his face contorting in embarrassment. Seizing the moment, Obito swiftly takes advantage of the distraction. The other Chunin, momentarily stunned, fails to notice Obito's swift movements.

With a lunge and a fist outstretched, the ambushed Chunin retaliates at the last second only to find himself striking a log of wood. Obito, having executed the Body Replacement Technique, evades the blow effortlessly. In the same fluid motion, Obito retaliates, delivering a clean stab to the chest of the disoriented Chunin.

Obito then turns his attention to the remaining Chunin. Obito feigns a shuriken throw.

Before the Chunin can react, he's already fatally struck. A pair of senbon needles penetrated his neck, hitting the internal carotid arteries. The oxygen supply to the brain is swiftly cut off, and the Chunin collapses without uttering another word.

In the end, the once-boastful Chunins die in silence, showcasing Obito's lethal efficiency. The secret infiltration of Orochimaru's laboratory continues with the only traces left being the lifeless bodies of those who crossed Obito's path.

“Sorry, fellas… I am operating with a No Witnesses Policy for today.”

26