Chapter 18 – Nugi
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On the way I ran into A, who was sleeping being carried by Nugu's stuffed animal; I left, without waking her, where I started as a god.

“What did you want to talk about?” She asked without taking her eyes off her laptop.

“Take away that gift you gave me.”

“I don't want to. Ah!! Why is my team so bad!?” she left and lay down upset; she was the bad one.

“I do not need it.”

“I repeat? I want you to get along with everyone else, and that's the most efficient way. You saw the four, right? Do you know why they decided to become a god?”

“Didn't you force them like me?” I asked stunned.

She ignored me and spoke before:

“Do you know how much Nugu begged? Despite feeling inferior to the rest, her determination was undoubtedly admirable; she was cold, but over time she became someone with unparalleled tenderness. Big Demon, despite his arrogance, he has a big heart. A had unmatched potential despite what happened to her, but little by little she recovered and now anyone would miss her presence. Not to mention Mugon, a gem that ended up in the wrong place. Muahaha.”

“What are you trying to tell me? Compared to them, I never lost a loved one.”

“Indeed. From the beginning they were important to you, you didn't have to wait for someone to lose. That's why you felt alone, right?”

“You're wrong!” I denied not wanting to hear more.

“No matter the effort, even if others lost someone, no one understood you. They excluded you and spoke from ignorance,” she recalled maliciously to awaken my resentment.

…I hate everyone, I don't care about the rest…

The goddess frowned and questioned me:

“Do you still distrust her after she woke me up last night specifically to look for you?”

“It is too soon to trust, time reveals the truth.”

…Also, she is human, she can screw up at any moment…

She looked at me reluctantly for a moment, but continued questioning.

“Huma…” She stopped short and asked, “What else must she do to earn your trust?”

“I want to find out for myself, that's why I want you to take your power away from me.”

“Okay, okay~ Muahaha.” She raised her arm with his palm open. “Already.”

“Thank God… See, it wasn't that difficult. Then I leave.”

I asked her for help to leave for my next destination.

Upon exiting the TIS, an open-air wooden ornamental arch sheltered from possible rain, with blue vines and benches on either side. A tall forest, with white fronds, surrounded the perimeter.

Straight ahead, a short paved path led to a picturesque amber concrete house, bathed in cerulean ivy. Its architecture was exotic: the front part had three circular windows that were not covered by the sashes, two on the lower floor at a symmetrical distance and one on the upper floor in the middle, separated diagonally and shared by two different rooms.

The upper left floor protruded a little from the house and the right left a space for a balcony with black iron bars.

A doorbell rang as I approached; It took seconds for me to open the door.

She was an acquaintance with unusual clothes who disappeared when I begged Nugu not to freeze to death; she didn't seem to like the idea of ​​living with me and she ran away from it to avoid the paperwork.

She dressed worthy of a goddess: with a white cloak with golden edges that covered half of her bust; a red sweater that reached above her navel and a long checkerboard style yellow and black checkered dress up to her leg; She wore one yellow sock and the other black, with red boots.

“Hi, how much time. I'm sorry for coming so suddenly. It seems strange to me to see you so covered.”

She glanced at me and continued my conversation:

“Hey! That time it was a special occasion, I only dressed like that to get closer to Nugi~♪ What did you need my help with?”

“Do you remember when I beat you and you had to fulfill one of my demands?”

Fearing where the shots were going, with cold sweats, she whistled secretly.

“I let myself win, remember~♪?”

“Are you not going to keep your word? Now I understand why Chiouri hates you. And to think that you are a goddess… She wasn't going to ask you for something complicated either.” I turned around pretending to be disappointed and took a few steps back.

Hearing that it would be simple, she reconsidered:

“Wait! Of course I will do it! I was joking! Tell me what you need~♪”

 

I stopped at the sound of the wind and, as if it were the most important thing, I confessed what I intended:

“I want you to let me hug you.”

She entered the house and locked it, I approached and knocked several times as if my life was at stake:

“No, wait, I was kidding! Well, it's not! Seriously, you're the only one who can help me! It will be quick, I just want to understand my power! I won't do anything strange to you!”

“You make it sound more suspicious! I don't want you to touch me!”

“Why!? Please, the only way to activate my powers is by hugging!”

“That's true? Can't you practice with someone else?” She asked doubtfully, looking out the door.

“It's not that easy; besides, I can't check it with men.” I explained my suspicions and made a point that I was in a delicate situation with Chiouri and Gena. “That's why you're the only one, please. In exchange, I can help you get closer to Nugu!”

She was undecided for a few minutes and finally gave me her answer:

“Okay… But I'm doing it for Nugi, not for you!”

“Oh, goddess of games, thank you! I knewed could trust you.” She laughed supremely; I shook her hand to agree, we both smiled and she finished it. “Thank you, I owe you one.”

“I'll make you regret saying that~♪” She smiled when heard it.

We both let go, this time being me who was sorry.

“I didn't mean in the literal sense…”

…Once I check it, I would like to not have to see you again…

“Is that what the guy who forced me to obey anything in a false game says? ~♪”

“Well…, we can be even.”

“Come inside, although I don't have any snacks to offer you~♪” She coldly agreed to help me.

The interior was small: the ash green wall and the radiant yellow ceiling were made of plasterboard; the floor was a floating parquet of oiled brown oak.

On the left there was a wooden bar that connected to the kitchen, it was narrow and rustic, with square windows with views to the outside. Next to the sink there were glass glasses to be washed, with different children's drawings on each one that were differentiated by blue and red. A log separated the door and the kitchen bar.

In the living room there were niches with board games.

At the back, some stairs connected to the second floor, and these, like its walls, were paved; next to them there was a white dice-shaped table and four lime sofa armchairs with the same aesthetic.

Finally, on the right side was an elegant wooden door: it looked like the bathroom.

Ramia grabbed two dirty cups and plates from the table and took them to the kitchen; there were also cards from her game, one of which featured Nugu.

“You can sit. We just had lunch~”

“Don't you live alone?”

“I live next to a girl… shy~” she described uncomfortably.

I sat down; next to me, on another sofa, a cat with hair similar to Nugu was sleeping.

“I didn't know you had a cat. Can I pet him? What is his name?”

“Yes, don't touch her too much lest she wake up. Her name is Nugi~ ♪”

…Hey!? And you call Nugu the same!?

Returning from the kitchen, she continued speaking enthusiastically:

“Isn't she adorable? With it I appease the emptiness I feel when I'm not with the other Nugi~♪”

It made me shiver and feel sorry for Nugu; in turn, she sat on the sofa opposite.

…Most of the gods I have met are crazy…

“So far I have seen few male gods. Is it for some reason?”

“I think about 20% are men, I have never thought if it is for some reason.”

“They are quite few…”

“Since you have become one, don't you feel that something has changed?”

“No. Why?”

“Nothing, it's fine.” She sounded strange. “And how about your first impression being one?”

“I guess well, not feeling hungry or thirsty and living an eternity can't be that bad. Although most of the time I've been asleep.”

…Although it is negative if no one can fulfill my dream.

“I see…” She answered discouraged; but she immediately returned to her normal state. They will confuse you with A —she laughed.

…That I thought.

“What's going on? What did you want me to answer?”

“It was out of pure curiosity. Although it may not seem like it, each of us has different opinions and experiences different things~♪” I nodded as if saying something obvious and she continued: “Do I just have to let myself be hugged?”

“Yes, that power that I explained to you can exist, right?”

“I've seen stranger things, it's possible~”

“If I don't feel anything for a minute, it's over. Just with that I will clarify my doubts.”

“What if you feel something~?”

We both laughed as if it were a good joke.

“That's impossible, what kind of nonsense are you saying? Ha ha ha.”

We suddenly became uncomfortable and nervous.

…Ah!!! How did I not think of it!? But it's impossible, the probability that someone else can fulfill it is non-existent, with the rest I didn't feel anything; but she is not human…

“I may be wrong and actually doing something else,” I said unsurely.

“Have you asked the boss?”

“Do you think she would tell me?”

“You're right~♪ Shall we start?” We both got up and I approached her:

“One moment. You're not going to go crazy, are you?”

“What are you talking about?”

“No, not at all… So, with your permission.”

…I don't want Mugon to happen, although it was a more elaborate situation…

“Wait! I have one condition: hug me from behind, and don't even think about touching my breasts! Hold me in my belly!”

“Okay, I wasn't even thinking about it.” I hugged her and the unexpected happened: we both fell unconscious.

Once again, just like with humans, I ruminated on how naive and stupid I was to believe in the goddess. A blue blur overlapped mine.

0