Chapter 21 – Natural Enemy
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

She heard a stalactite dripping, his dizziness was intense as if his head was going to explode.

Arguments between his parents were frequent, both moving on from their son and focusing on their personal problems. He stayed on the sidelines, escaping from reality, studying everything.

He was born weak, he wanted to be like the heroes in the books: he was fascinated by how they defeated the strong with pure intelligence, he had a smile on his face; but, upon returning to reality, he disappeared from his face.

…Why can't I be like them…?

Despite being the most intelligent in the class, he was reserved and could not express himself well; which, some other child took advantage of it.

“Leave that to me for a moment.” One took his notebook to copy his writings.

“R-… Return…”

“Hey!? Did you say something?” He asked impolitely, he knew that he would not dare to reply to him.

“Leave it to me too.” Another one joined him.

They spent months taking things from him without his permission.

At the age of seven he gathered his courage, the moment they were going to take his notes, he grabbed them tightly.

“What are you doing?”

“Let it go! Do it yourselves!”

“That-?”

At recess time, those two children took him to a forest near the school.

They hit him and he was defenseless protecting his face, they took advantage of that to hit him in the abdomen.

“Stop! Let me go!”

Suddenly they stopped and became silent.

…What happened?…

He got up and looked around, they were a few meters away from him, he looked up when he saw some shadows returning to someone on top of a tree, reading a book.

He recognized it immediately by its red horns and was paralyzed, he seemed angry.

“You're making too much noise, let me concentrate,” he complained arrogantly.

Upon hearing him, by instinct, they knelt before him.

…Why is Demon here? I'm scared, I can't move…

He was the individual who would represent them with the most social status, so words did not come out.

“That's true?” he asked.

He was so focused on his thoughts that he did not pay attention to the conversation and, due to his aura, he could not even open his mouth.

The attackers got cold feet and fled towards the school.

The boy was still on the ground worried, his long dark hair covering half of his face.

“If you don't want to be bothered, stay close to me. I don't want you to ruin the mood again,” he offered reluctantly; He nodded quietly.

It would soon become his refuge, being under that tree next to him calmed him down. He would spend a lot of time with him, teach him to read and they would share his insignificant problems.

At sixteen, Demon found him crying.

“What's the matter? Why are you crying? Only the weak cry.” He climbed the tree and lay down unconcerned.

“S-She has cheated on me with someone else… I don't know what I should do…”

“What if you leave her?”

“It's not that easy… I, I don't know what to do…”

“Everyone creates their future, if you don't like something, you leave it and try something else. If you don't know what to do, do the first thing on your mind. It's that simple.”

“It's the first time I've heard you say something decent… Did you get it from a book?…” He hid his mouth with his hand and laughed through tears when he heard his corniness; he reminded him of the day they met.

Both, at twenty-two years old, began to argue.

“But going alone is risky.”

“And you say that? After what you caused last time… And on the contrary, it will be easier to investigate incognito. Besides, nothing has ever happened to me, right?”

“Do what you want.”

…I hope to have a vacation… I hope to God that he doesn't move from here…

“I will return with what is necessary. And don't even think about doing things on your own!” he left the room and, upon leaving, stopped to sigh tiredly; without further rest, he set out on his mission.

Magical lights, floating fixedly, illuminated the streets like streetlights. It was a city in the forest, the streets were grass and the buildings were slate rock.

The night was the best allies of the demons. On alert, he advanced hooded from corner to corner, avoiding the light.

He realized that something was wrong: the street was empty and silent like a dead town.

…It is a trap? Impossible… What's happening?

In doubt, he thought with one of his hands raised to his chin.

He avoided entering the shadows, since they had a magic to perceive him.

…Will they be gathered somewhere?

Several hours passed without any trace; he entered several houses that were evacuated.

After exploring the city, he found a cave. In the background there was a dim light and someone talking.

Big knew the elf language, so she would understand the conversation.

He crept in to spy on them and, once hidden in the corner where they came from, he stopped. He heard them clearly, but something was wrong.

…I don't recognize this language! What breed is it!?

Frightened, he stuck his head out; there was no one, the noises came from a floating light.

He put himself on defense and turned around, the entrance was blocked by a purple magical wall that did not allow him to leave; outside there was a couple of elves holding the spell.

…It was a trap!? They emptied the city to catch me!? Do they even want to negotiate?

Behind them, a silver-haired elf approached with an air of grandeur and another, of a different race, with blonde hair with a diagonal scar across his face, and half of his torso rotted.

The elf was wearing a short-sleeved blue overcoat, along with a black glove that covered his entire right arm; the other was bare-chested with long metal pants.

“This one should serve us well,” the elf mentioned; the other nodded.

With difficulty, he passed through the rotten arm, distorting and molding the magic wall on it.

…Why is a zerot joining forces with an elf!? Why does he seem conscious!?

In a hurry, Big sprinted towards him to cut off his arm, but something sudden affected his body: his eyes, nose and mouth bled.

“Rest…” the zerot said, looking at him without any motivation.

The drops echoed, he regained consciousness and realized that he was tied to a stalagmite.

…Where I am? What happened? Why am I alive? Is it a dream?

His consciousness was still active, but he could not move his body at will.

An alarm and several screams echoed through the place; even he roared and, with great ease, broke free.

At the same time, he heard heartbreaking thoughts from around him:

…Kill! Kill!

…Please, someone, someone kill me, please-

…I will never forgive you, damned elves, I will not leave any alive!

…Aid! I want to go home…

…Because!? I was one of yours, why have you turned me into a monster!?

…What have they turned me into!?

… I can not control myself! Curse! Anyone there!?

…I didn't want to kill you… I didn't want to, I swear…

One of the tails, which he now had, moved and pierced the chest of someone stuck in a shadow, pulling him out and throwing him against a stalactite that was above him. Nailed, he stopped moving and was drenched in blood.

…What happened? What was that? Have I killed him? I have to escape from here.

His thoughts were a mess, he couldn't move at will.

Its body moved like a beast on all fours from side to side until it found its prey.

As if it were his shadow, with his hand he gathered the blood that soaked him into a sphere and threw it at the face of another monster, making part of his face disappear perfectly; the rest of her body fell lifeless.

Without rest, he moved to a lake inside the cave.

…Careful, I'm behind you! Flees!

I kept hearing the thoughts around me.

One of the tails went into the water and electrocuted it, singeing the submerged monster.

At the same time, the other tail rolled up a stalactite at high speed that was heading towards his heart; with the same impulse, he turned his body around and returned it with twice the force to the one who threw it, killing him on the spot and nailing him to the wall.

After that, the alarm stopped ringing.

He stood in front of the water and looked at her reflection.

He had the face of a white-skinned girl; grass green hair; dark eyes; scarlet crystal cat ears; full lips; and, behind her waist, two vine-like tails with radiant golden gems at the tip.

As if it were an animal, it sniffed the water and licked it desperately.

…Gross! Hey Girl! Do not do that! Can't you see she's dirty!? Stop!

As the strategist that he was, he became nervous when he saw her action.

There was no one around, the cave was small; everywhere he looked there was blood and corpses killed by the other beasts.

…Because I am here? What is this place?

Once he moved away from the lake, a strange gas increased, causing him to lose consciousness.

Between five elves, they held him floating in the air in a magical purple cube in the same cave.

…Why can't I move?

Every time he tried to move at will or do something against the beast, it roared.

The ringleaders from last time approached and started a conversation, starting with the elf:

“As expected, the soul of a demon is more destructive than other trash.”

“It was entertaining to see the abysmal difference they have with each other.”

He clapped his hands to make his subjects wake up and raised his voice:

“Perform the next phase!”

His own subjects were surprised at how quickly he was advancing.

…Silly elves, do you think it will turn out the way you want? Once the demons are annihilated, the next order I will give will be your extinction!

They were the thoughts of the zerot, continued from those of the elf and Gran:

…Pff. Ha ha ha! We don't need you anymore, when you leave here you will die, disgusting zerot. I'll never understand why you went bare-chested, you've had me sick!

…Annihilate!?… So it was true!?

A golden-haired elf entered agitatedly, bowing standing to her boss with her hands open as if she wanted something.

“The demons have declared war on us and sent an entire troop to the southeast.”

The elf slapped her and held back a laugh with his hand:

…It will be the prelude to my show. I still can't believe what that redhead said is working.

“Send him to the front, then we will continue with the original plan.”

The instant it appeared in front of the troops, the monster, with one swing of its tail, broke the trunk of a tree and threw it, crushing several.

…What are you doing!? Stop, they are my comrades!

The beast roared, leaving some paralyzed, not knowing what to do.

“That!? On the attack, it's the monster that killed our strategist Gran!”

…I dead? I'm here!

Several sank into the shadows. He did the same, and seconds later bodies surfaced like dead fish, some with limbs missing.

…Why! Don't kill anymore! I beg!

She returned to the surface and two positioned themselves behind her, enclosing her in a bubble. Another, who was dressed differently, with thoughts of avenging Gran, created a scythe and was going to hit her, but the monster's tails came out of the ceiling and she electrocuted them.

…Run away! It is too strong! Why can't I do anything!?

Several, up in the trees, made bows with arrows and shot her: they were remotely controlled and immediately returned to their owner.

Fast on all fours, she dodged them and stuck his tail into the trunk that he knocked down; the blades of it shot out like stray pellets, wounding and killing almost everyone instantly.

…Run away…

Losing hope, he tried to stop thinking, he made himself believe that it was a nightmare.

Those in the rear made a roof of shadow over her that descended to crush her; but she went underground, appeared in the air behind them, and made a propeller spin with her body, causing his tail to cut them in half.

Upon touching the ground, as the torsos fell, she quickly swept and touched the falling blood with his hand and directed it like a claw against those who were hiding in the distance in fear.

“Flee in a different direction, have someone reach Demon and report the situation!”

Three of the four who fled would end up dead.

After a few hours, the beast was teleported near where the leader of the demons resided.

…This place… Stop…

Advancing towards the throne, she tore apart the guards she found next to the light lanterns.

…Behind this door… Don't open it… Don't you dare cross it!

The beast roared and, with its tails, tore it to pieces.

…What are those red shadows?

“Finally we meet… Were you looking for me? Let me introduce myself. I am Big Demon! Tell me your name, I will need it for the pedestal on which I will place your head.”

…Demon, it's me! Get away from here! You can't beat her! She will kill you!

The beast roared.

“Good name, perfect for a monster like you.”

…I? Monster?…

With one lunge she approached him and, with incredible speed, extended her tail towards his head.

Demon, without moving a muscle, moved some reddish shadows at the same speed, stopping them in the air plus half of her body, leaving her motionless.

“You have finished? Lower your head, monster!” he exclaimed with unmatched arrogance.

Big stepped back; but, accustomed to her impetus, she did not finish kneeling.

With its tail tucked into the shadow, it attacked him from the right. Bowing his head, he dodged the deadly blow; but splitting his nose and breaking his right horn in half.

“Go dead!” he swore angrily, pointing him arm at her, sending two reddish shadows that looked like spears: one pierced her left arm, causing her to bleed and roar. He raised his arm to the same height as his chest and several reddish shadows cornered him.

…Hurts! Demon, kill me!

In the act of avoiding Demon's next actions and having half his body immobilized, she moved her tails with difficulty on the ground to crawl and enter the shadows.

“Are you planning to hide!?”

The reddish shadows, as if it were the ground itself, lifted Demon up; he raised his hand to the ceiling and countless shadows gathered, enclosing themselves in a blood-colored bubble.

From the shadows it struck its bubble with its tails, but it could not scratch it and they were repelled.

…What's that? Blood?

“I'm going to destroy everything! Behold my best attack, creature!”

…With this ability, I may even destroy the world; It doesn't matter… I will make you pay for your crimes, no matter what price I have to pay.

…Destroy the world!? You just have to kill me!

It raised and increased the light intensity of its tails with an unmatched power that would blind anyone for several minutes.

“It's useless, even if you make the shadows in this room disappear, my shadows won't do it, they snatch and are generated from my vitality, you can't do anything to me!”

…Run away Demon! It's useless! She can pass through blood whenever she wants! Stop, don't do it! I'll do anything, just don't kill him!”

Taking advantage of the expulsion of the shadows by the light, she jumped up to him and crossed the bubble with her tail, hitting his chest. Demon expelled blood from his mouth and glanced behind him with difficulty.

“Haha… I thought you were a monster…, but that's too short… Damn!” He uttered angrily with his last breath; he moved him hand towards her and was shocked when he saw that his shadows did not respond.

…Hell, no! Wgy!? Tell me it's a nightmare! Why did you do it!? I swear I will kill you! I'll kill you!

Big was furious and his conscience reaching the limit.

She entered his bubble like a normal shadow and roared. To finish, she broke him in half and controlled his bubble by breaking it into pieces.

At night, in a forest, she finished killing the last of his people. There were torn corpses and a lake with a cave at the bottom.

…I'm going to kill you, I'm going to kill you…

It was the only thing on his mind; at last, moving at will, he crawled to the lake and looked into her blood-stained reflection.

…Monster, I will kill you, die, die, die.

Demented, he saw her natural enemy; above her were tails reflected from her and, furious, he cut off the head of the beast.

0