Chapter 22 – Answer
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up suffocated by Tira and Mugon hugging me. I never imagined being in that situation.

“Hey, hey, it's too early for my harem,” I joked elegantly. Tira woke up; Mugon found it difficult to get up in the mornings. “Why are you here?”

“We can't live together without knowing anything about each other, right?” She excused herself.

…At no time did I have a vote of election…

“Now I don't know if I should treat you like a man.”

How would a normal person solve this dilemma? Would you consider him a man or a woman?

“Whether she's a woman or not, you don't care, right? Souls don't differentiate between gender and race,” she clarified with a smug laugh.

…But…

“But?”

“Why did you show it to me? With how much you rejected me yesterday…” I stopped to think and continued normally: “Are you in love with Demon?”

“Hey! Who would fall in love with that fool!? Are you stupid or what!? It's not funny! What's so good about an overconfident and impulsive man who is so stupid…!?” She threw the pillow Mugon was leaning on in my face, falling to the floor, and snuck away into the shadows.

…I definitely don't… I don't understand her.

I picked it up from the ground and shook it, carefully lifting Mugon's head and settling it. I sat next to her and looked at her for a while.

Dawn was about to come and, in the silence, I listened to the breathing of the defenseless goddess.

A cold ran through the room, I got into the sheets and hugged her cautiously.

I couldn't make excuses if what I felt with this power was true. What or who was stopping me from being with her?

When I looked at her closely, a new feeling ran through my skin, or perhaps my soul?…

…It was always like this?

I was sure that I did not perceive the typical love that a human would feel, I was not in love, rather it was as if, for the first time, I was looking at her face: as if I were accepting someone.

…Is it okay for it to be me? There must be someone better than me… No, that's impossible.

My mind wavered, but it quickly dissipated as I remembered what I experienced.

I noticed her heartbeat accelerate, she was trying her best to pretend to be asleep with her embarrassed face. Noticing her, I let her go and dove into her game to see how she reacted:

“You are too beautiful, in addition to being the best person I have ever seen in my life… I would like to spend the rest of my life with you. Once I'm ready, I'll confess it to you.”

Pretending to be asleep, she turned her back on me to hide her face.

“What are you dreaming about to turn your back on me? Still, I won't let you escape.”

I got on all fours over her to see her reaction, prepared for anything.

She, not knowing what to do, changed her position to a prone position.

“What's happening? You want a massage? I don't mind.” I massaged her back. “I know you're awake. You were the one who incited her, right? I can't imagine her coming of her own free will and giving such a cheap excuse. Remember when I told you that she needed some time to give you an answer?”

Nervously she nodded her head a couple of times, looked at me out of the corner of her eye and continued:

“First, I would like to question you. I want you to answer honestly. Alright?”

Again she stated.

“You can do it while I massage you. If the answer is yes, draw a tick; if it is a no, an x; if you don't know what to answer, draw a line or reason your answer. Let the exam begin.”

…It's time to test yourself, let's see how much you know even about yourself…

She took out his notebook and got ready.

“Are you hiding something from me? Do you smoke, drink alcohol or plan to?”

It was an important question before starting any relationship.

If she did, I would worry about his health: it was normal for me, who had this dream, to be informed of her actions.

She drew two consecutive Xs.

“Are you a virgin? How many partners have you had so far?”

«V0»

…None? If she doesn't lie, nothing happens; but she misses me after she almost raped me…

“How many years have you been a goddess? From 0 to 10, how important is family, friends and partner to you respectively?”

«48. 4, 7, 10»

“You want to have children?”

«If I had you I would be happy»

“You like video games? If so, which one is your favorite?”

«The full knight: it is a fun metroidvania; if you want we can play together.”

“It may be interesting. Next question: Why do you want a partner?”

«I know it will sound selfish despite having good friends, but I want mutual love. That even in the worst moments be by my side and let's solve even the insignificant problems. Have fun without risking our lives. May he love me no matter the distance. I want a sincere relationship without silence, lies or deception. Someone to share life with”

I was shocked, I had no objection to her words; but I had to keep questioning.

“Why do you have erotic underwear?”

«Foret, the goddess of fortune, gave it to me for helping her in her store a few years ago»

…She doesn't seem to be lying…

“Why do you have so many favorites on your file? Are you famous?”

Mugon made a small laugh at what I asked.

«No, it's a bit embarrassing… I write novels»

“What's so shameful about it?”

She wrote several nervous lines and responded:

«I wrote them thinking about our relationship…»

…I don't want to imagine the content…; intrigue me. It is irrefutable that it has fans, it must be interesting.

“For what reasons would you break up with your partner?”

«The same as you: if he didn't listen to me, if he lied to me maliciously or cheated with another. Don't get angry over trivialities or get tired of your partner. I can't stand open relationships, I think they should learn to lead them in a healthier way.”

“If you found a man better than your partner, would you leave your partner to be with him?”

«X, and Koly?»

From her answers I thought she wasn't that different from me. Maybe I used my memories to satisfy myself, I didn't know how to handle the questions.

“I wouldn't do it, I would commit myself not to have eyes for another, unless she deceived me.” Mugon shed tears without having said anything out of the ordinary. “Your back hurts? Have I used too much force?”

She spread a pure smile and endured a silent laugh.

«Do you think you have enough strength to hurt me?»

“Eh…” I closed my eyes and hinted: “Are you provoking me like the last time?”

The page in his notebook filled up, so she turned to a new one.

«Last time?»

I approached her ear and whispered so that no one would hear us, I kept an eye on the surroundings in case I saw Tira's presence.

“The shower…”

Remembering it, she hid her face under the pillow.

“So what's going on?”

Still hidden, she wrote moving only her hand.

«I never thought this day would come, I feel very happy, so much so that it doesn't seem real…»

…It seemed more unreal to me from the beginning…

As we remained silent, I broke the ice:

“I would be lying if I said I didn't feel the same… But I still have questions.”

She drew confusing lines, just as someone nervously fiddles with a pen on an exam.

“Don't you resent me? You do not hate me?”

She drew two X's, next to a: “Why?”

“The goddess told me that you ended up in that universe because of me… Shouldn't you hate me?”

She turned to me, scolded politely, and wrote on my chest with her finger.

Her traced the same thing over and over again; embarrassed, she hesitated and hid her face with her hand.

Seeing his action, I smiled; I grabbed her hand that was in front of me and declared:

“I don't understand why you love me so much. But if you can truly love me, then I love you too. I know it's not the best place to propose; but would you want to be my partner?”

0