Chapter 23 – Undesirable Promises
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A dark-skinned man with two bluish conch piercings attended the unexpected but long-awaited meeting. He entered through the great door, being the one who took the longest, but the one he started with great emotion:

“If you have brought us together…, it can only mean one thing!” He released a smile.

To his right was a white-skinned woman sitting on a couch; she had a peculiar thread-shaped halo with a gradient of three colors: starting with green, passing through yellow and ending in red.

Her blonde hair was short and her bangs covered her eyes; she was wearing an orange short-sleeved T-shirt, cut from the bottom half to the left diagonally, and underneath another blue one with a star in the revealed part; she wore short red jeans with gray prints that gave her a Greek look and she went barefoot.

With her right she grabbed the part of the yellow thread and dragged it to his mouth, an ocher cone megaphone with black lines appearing in the process:

“Peroth is missing,” she stated convincedly in an attempt to deaf him.

He covered his ears from the annoyance, he was the only one it affected him. Still with his hand on his ear, he pointed to the chandelier in the room and, as if there was a rivalry between the two, he asked mockingly:

“Are you blind? How do you plan to confront her if you weren't even aware of her presence?”

Peroth was a teenager, dark and soft-skinned, with black hair longer than her body and two strands on each side on her head that fell like feathers, and she had them tangled all over the lamp. She looks like something out of a horror movie.

Her eyes were orange and his pupils were net-shaped; she had no clothes, her private parts were covered by her hair.

Two four-winged ravens were next to her: a blue one leaning on the lamp and a golden one on her right shoulder.

She witnessed those present with her eyes lowered with a chilling smile from ear to ear; their crows did the same, the trio always looking at someone different.

“I was testing you, idiot,” she said, frustrated that she was the only one who didn't notice.

“Do something about your habit of changing habits, it's repulsive,” advised a boy who was with his arms crossed on the other side of the room, and leaning with his leg on the wall.

From head to toe, he had gray and yellow ribbons wound tightly to perfection. Next to him, leaning against the wall, was a strange, simple, rusty sword that did not stand out.

Peroth and her ravens stared at him without speaking or changing their expressions.

“Do not look at me like that! Someone had to say it!” He said uncomfortably.

Discreet compared to the others, another woman joined in trying to fix the situation.

Her hair was brown with darker parts, her left hair rested on her chest; her eyes were a beautiful orange, her pupil was a ring within another; she had feline whiskers with human ears and a raccoon-like black tail with white rings.

She wore a gardener's outfit: a sleeveless knee-length viridian bib with straps, with a yellow flower of white petals drawn in the middle, and whitish lines that decorated the ends of the uniform; a red short-sleeved t-shirt with ruffles; some greenish gloves; earth-colored pants and mossy gardening boots.

In her front pocket she kept a brown cell phone with a keychain of a couple of cherries, as well as her earrings and hair clips; on her back she had a huge crimson bow; she wore a brown ribbon that went from his left shoulder to her right abdomen, where she held behind her a greenish peasant hat and a belt with a toy axe.

“…Poor thing… don't tell her that, you share similar habits…”

The goddess calmly took a sip from the straw of her drink and announced:

“I understand your emotion, but you are wrong. It no longer exists, you can dissolve.”

“Dissolve!? Do you forget your position!? What are you up too!? It is impossible that it has ceased to exist! How can you say it so lightly!?” The red man replied angry and disgusted, he gestured his rejection with his arm.

“Calm down, Feru. Explain yourself.” The boy, maintaining his composure on the wall, demanded explanations with his right palm.

“Calm down!?” He repeated unheard of.

“I found her, and she is no longer what she was. She is, without a doubt, different; she doesn't remember anything. If she could say it another way: her soul was shaped and she has no qualms.”

“—And since she has changed, we can forgive her.— That's what you want to say!?” Feru couldn't contain his anger.

“Are you sure we don't have to worry anymore? Is it guaranteed that she won't go back to what she was? Would it be right to forget her sins and let her live just because she doesn't remember it? Is it right to leave a murderer for having amnesia? Hey… are you aware?” The young man did not stop peppering her with increasingly complex questions given her uncertainty.

“Are you going to ignore it and go on with that appearance for the rest of your days!? Are you planning to wipe the slate clean as if nothing happened!? You should be the most affected! What's the matter!?” His fury only increased, he was frustrated.

“Feruzu, Mega, Peroth, Slau, Kakomi… and me. It's over. You have to accept it and move on.”

“Turn the page and continue with the little game of the gods!? Hey! Are you thinking of accepting it!? Hey! Mega!?” Feruzu asked the rest of the members.

Mega, exhausted, looked at the ceiling and answered:

“And what else do we do? Are you implying that she is wrong? Despite what she has done for us so far?…”

Struck by her words, he lowered his tone without backing down:

“But it still exists. Why not make sure it goes away!?” he proposed trying to convince them.

“Do we really have to do it?…” Shy, the animal girl played with the fingers of her hands, wishing there was a happy ending.

“How scary… You're not fooling anyone Kakomi, you can't hide your desire to gut her…” said the one with the megaphone with a sarcastic smile.

Kakomi, not knowing where to look, turned her head nervously looking at everyone:

“N-…! That's not it, Mega!… I-I don't want to hurt anyone… I promise…” she clarified, but, as if she were excusing himself, they moved on from her.

The goddess sighed, she had to convince them; she knew that it was difficult to lighten the accumulated hatred, she wanted to argue with a cool mind.

“Do you want to be what she was? Getting unhinged with what is no longer will only generate endless problems. When that happens, who will deal with the consequences? Do you want I to continue babysitting? That was enough.”

“That's not what you promised back then! If you are no longer able to continue, then we will do it!” Feruzu shouted furiously, the rest fell silent due to his statements.

Mega maintained the same tired posture looking at the ceiling. Peroth relaxed her laughter to a less forced one. Slau, with his left hand, held the sword and, with the tip of the index finger of his other hand, he struck it again and again in silence. Kakomi looked away with her tail lowered.

He felt betrayed when he saw the reaction of the others and left the room.

“Is it okay if we don't stop him?” Kakomi asked worriedly.

“He'll get over it…” Mega responded, trying to assimilate it and being absorbed without changing her position.

In accordance with Feruzu's ideas, Slau, marching from the room with the sword carried backwards in his right, mentioned:

“Why did you start it if you can't finish it? I feel disappointed.”

The four girls were left in the room: Mega, Kakomi, Peroth and the goddess.

In the silence, Kakomi exchanged glances until the goddess interrupted him:

“Do you also want to follow them? We would punish an innocent person. I can not allow…”

“Peroth and Kakomi, I know you agree,” Mega commented, “but it's not easy for us.” I don't even know why I'm still here… Why is it?… We are in your debt, but you put us in trouble…” She was the only one of the girls who hesitated, she didn't know whether to relax like the others or be just as tense as the boys.

“I am the one in trouble since that day…” the goddess commented melancholy, lowering her face.

The crows cawed in flight, their beaks cutting Peroth's hair. Kakomi staggered in fear, she crouched down, protecting her head with both hands.

When the work was finished, the crows landed elegantly on both shoulders. She looked like someone different, the cuts were not perfect, but she maintained an elegant and fresh touch, his face and eyes were that of someone honest and upright:

“I trust body and soul in Filia, from long ago and until eternity.” She put his hand faithfully to his heart. Well I will always admire you.

Like his new appearance, his voice was just as impetuous.

The goddess laughed, ending with teary eyes.

“I'm sorry… I haven't heard that name in ages… I'm not as good as you think… Despite her innocence, I've made her suffer because of my resentment…”

“It is your own name, ergo I will never forget it. That's not true, ergo we wouldn't be here, right?” Peroth recalled.

Kakomi, not knowing when to enter the conversation, interrupted them:

“This… What will you do with the promise?”

“What promise?” Filia asked, she didn't remember having done one with her.

“The one you did with Feruzu. Have you forgotten?”

“Ah… Of course not…” She shook his head and added: “It's the only one I wouldn't like to do… Especially Slau, it will be a headache…” She finished with a melancholic sigh.

0