Chapter 8: Back to tarvern
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yulia soon woke up and saw the wyvern dead. Its eyes were still wide open as if it had died in great shock. The ringing in her ears persisted, and immense pain lingered in her mind as she used the wall for support while rising to her feet.

Her gaze fixed on the wyvern's skull, which had a large hole in it. Something had punctured its way through, and brain matter was slowly leaking out. Asura stood on top of the skull.

“How did you do that?” Yulia pointed towards the hole.

Asura just shrugged and replied, “It came flying towards me, I punched him in the skull.”

“Wha-?” Yulia's mouth hung open as she pondered the wyvern's immense power, capable of rendering her unconscious with just its roar.

Deciding not to dwell on it, she focused on the positive outcome—she could now afford the things she wanted. Sighing with relief, she patted her side, noticing her sword was missing. After a brief search, she found it a little far from where she fell. Picking it up, she sheathed it and asked Asura, “Are you ready to head back?”

“Yes,” Asura replied, jumping down from the skull. They returned to Halim together.

Back at the tavern, Asura stood against a pillar, observing Yulia. The receptionist was surprised to see them back so quickly, with Yulia looking dishevelled. Smiling at her, the receptionist commented, “It was indeed a challenging task. Perhaps next time, take on an easier one so you don't have to run for safety.”

Confused for a moment, Yulia then understood and sighed, “We have cleared the task. I need you to confirm it, and I want the wyvern's corpse sold as soon as possible. I want the entire price paid in full; the guild will not take a single cut from the sale!”

The overwhelmed receptionist smiled awkwardly and said, “Ma'am, we need to confirm the kill first.”

Yulia pulled out a map, laid it on the table, and pointed towards a forest, saying, “Here's a cave, the wyvern's nest.” The receptionist quickly took notes and promised to send someone to confirm it.

Yulia added, “Let me use your private bath. I stink, and I want you to serve us food, free of charge.”

Though used to being ordered around, the receptionist recognized the need for respect if they had indeed slain the wyvern. Yulia left for the bath, leaving Asura behind, drawing attention due to his size. Ignoring the stares, he found an empty table and sat down.

A barmaid approached and asked, “What would you like, sir?”

Looking around, he couldn't find anything that would pique his interest, so he just said, “Bring me your best dishes.”

The maid returned with a large plate of meat and proudly said, “This is our best dish, made from the flesh of wind wolves and golden chicken. Loaded with every spice we have.” Asura finished the meal and thanked the maid.

Outside, night had fallen with a red hue, and the corruption was still visible. Asura knew he needed to investigate the source of corruption, but first, he needed rest. He asked a receptionist for a room, and they guided him to one reserved for special guests. In the large bed, he closed his eyes and fell asleep, knowing he had pushed his body to the limit while fighting the wyvern.

 
 
0