Chapter 11: Saroun
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The journey continued as the moon was shining brightly with a red hue, everyone was quietly looking forward towards the road, while Asura was feeling his body was healing slowly unlike previously when it healed fast. He could feel his body was now stronger than before. 

Asura was thinking about the journey ahead, he remembered the map, Loreal city was the most eastern city in the kingdom near the sea, and they had to travel to a lot of cities to reach Loreal city. 

The first major city was Saroun which was famous for academics, Asura was looking forward to seeing the scholars of this world, even though he didn’t remember much about the previous world. 

The days passed slowly as the journey across the paved paths, and uneven paths, coming across many kinds of people, a few broken sprits returning home, greedy merchants, madmen preaching the end of the world, few knights who held spears with their wavering faith heading towards battle.  

Asura could feel each one of them was on the verge of breaking point, the world’s nature was slowly taking a toll on its people. a could feel the world didn’t have much time, only a few years before the spirit of the world became fully corrupted, then it would be beyond recovery, and it would die. 

After a week of travel, Yulia who was sitting idle on the carriage roof swinging her legs, a large tower became visible on the horizon, she smiled as she shouted, “Asura, we have reached Saroun.” 

Asura looked outside the window, huge towers were reaching the sky, unlike Halim, there was no corruption hanging in the sky, everything was clear in the sky as the sun was shining bright, the trees rattled in the light wind, and insects and birds were chirping happily. 

As they got closer to the city, there were people happily walking around, many were students wearing different kinds of uniforms. They chatted among themselves, and as the bells rang on the towers, they quickly rushed back. 

Yulia smiled and looked at this scene, it reminded her of her time with her friends when she studied there with her friends. But now all of them were scattered across the continent doing something, everyone was busy, as she thought of them, she became sad as no one came to see her when she was locked up. 

Asura just silently and keenly observed the students. None of them looked good enough for Asura to recruit to fight, he sat silently as they crossed the gates, the security here was far tighter than Halim, the guards were looking at the carriage as they passed but didn’t stop them.  

Soon they reached the main street where the majority of the high-end shops were located, the students were the majority buyers, unlike the makeshift stalls of Halim, here everything was properly organized, and there was not a single seller on the street everything was in proper establishment.  

Yulia got down from the carriage and opened the door, “Asura, we are going to rest here for a few days, and replenish our supplies, is that ok with you?” 

Asura answered, “Yulia, you are the one making decisions for the journey, and who comes with you.”  

Yulia was a little confused by what Asura said, but she didn’t care anyway, she then said, “Ok, you should get down, and explore a bit,” she handed him a bag of coins, “You should buy yourself something, this is half of the reward we got from killing the wyvern and selling his body.” 

Asura knit his brows and said, “Why would I need money for? I don’t need it; you should use it for yourself.” 

She refused to take it back, and angrily said, “Take it! After all, it was you, who killed him. And I don’t want to take advantage of you.” 

Asura reluctantly took the small bag of money and put it inside his pocket. Yulia finally smiled at him and said, “We will meet in Roger’s Tavern tonight, make sure to be there, don’t get lost, now get down from the carriage, I need it.” 

Asura got out of the carriage, and Yulia climbed back on top guiding the horses towards the other side of the city. 

Asura looked around in the city, surrounded by the towers that touched the clouds, he was immersed in the aesthetics of each tower with unique architecture. Asura walked towards a close by shop and asked him, “Do you know a place where I find strong people?” 

The tailor who sat silently sleeping with his arms crossed, woke up from his sleep looking at the tallest and most muscular being he ever crossed his eyes with, but unlike the fear people usually gazed at Asura with, he wasn’t scared, he was just annoyed.  

“Move along, I don’t have time to bother with you if you aren’t here for business,” The tailor muttered. 

Asura looked across his ware, he was surprised to see the high quality of the work, then Asura observed the students were giving him weird looks as he was half naked on top, just wearing a dhoti that was embroiled with gold and silk, and patterns he didn’t remember. 

“Can you make a tunic and robe for me?” Asura asked. 

The Tailor finally looked at Asura and said, “Well, yes. Let’s get your measurements.” 

Quickly he went around Asura taking proper measurements, he was happy as he could use a lot of materials that had just been lying around in his shop. 

“Ok, sir. I’m done.” The tailor went back to his table and pulled out a book to write measurements, then he closed the book, took out another one, and opened it, “Please take a look and select the material that you would like me to use. And The pattern as well.” 

Asura shook his head, and said, “I trust you with that part. Do whatever you want.” 

The Tailor closed the book and smiled at him, “You won’t regret your decision.” he replied. 

“Look around the academy, that is where you will meet strong people.” The Tailor added before he turned around and went back to his shop. 

    

0