Chapter 76
61 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day.
  
Hachiman and the others went to the library and started taking out books related to camping.

After all, ordinary students like them don't have much experience in this kind of outdoor thing, especially Suzune, who likes to be alone.

And, Hachiman's experience is probably going to Chiba Village to take nature classes in junior high school.

But at that time, he just made ordinary coffee, so it wasn’t of any value.

Like this, the time has come on the 1st.
  
The weather was a little hazy, and it seemed like, the clouds would be tearing up at any moment.

Although the students, are living in the campus, there was still a distance between the teaching building and the dormitory.

That's why, Hachiman also brought an umbrella.
  
And, the mobile phone he was holding, received a transfer reminder from the school.

[55,000 personal points are credited to your personal account.   

The current balance is 279,000 points. ]

  
On the 1st of every month, the school pays living expenses, based on their class points.

And, Hachiman's Class C has 550 points, so his living expenses are also 55,000.
  
However, because there are still plenty of points in the account, he didn't pay much attention to this.

Rather, what needs to be paid attention to....1st is also the day when the special exams are notified for each month.

Only,  “Today's class meeting is just self-study." Chabashira-sensei, said this, when she entered the room, but she also realised, why most people inside were still looking at her face, like she was about to throw a grenade, and blow them up, “....This month's special exam will be rescheduled."

That's right. 'In other words, I can relax a little more....'

“Sensei, is this month's special exam....going to be a written one?" These were probably the thoughts of many Npc's whose name, was never even revealed in the canon.

Not, even a single dialogue was given, but that's the reason, why Kushida's here, she directly asked this question, and those random characters also looked over nervously, because their future inside ANHS  also depends upon it.

'I have to say this is indeed a very Class D type of thinking....'
  
After all, even though, they were promoted to C, the bad students are still worried about the written exams, which requires assessment of their academics.
  
'But, don't worry, the school knows your shitty attitude in life..... so, they won't take the written exam right away....'
  
Otherwise, a large number of people will be wiped out, and the plan of recreating the society will be destroyed.

Even though, Hachiman was thinking about such rude things, especially regarding the future of these Npc's, he was still asked out by someone.

_____________
  
During lunch break, there was a private room in the cafeteria on the third floor, and people were already inside.
 
“You are such a strange person."
When Hachiman arrived, there was only a girl with long purple hair, with slender but powerful legs sitting in the corner.

Her presence was similar to a boy named Ayanakoji in his class, but her attack power was very strong.

Hachiman would never forget, how the other party stole his last piece of chicken wings, and egg tarts that day!
 
“Sakayanagi invited you several times before, but you didn't come, but this time, when I just wired the points, you came running....Do you really love money that much?”

'Right, this girl can be considered an old acquaintance.'

After all, the other party has treated Hachiman, so many times. Especially, those 100,000 which was scammed out of her pocket for those test papers.

And, this person is none other than, Kamuro-san. 'It seems, that because I sold her those papers at a high price before....she always had a straight face, every time, I meet her...'

'It's just that you, Kamuro-san, are not qualified to speak sarcastically about me at all!'
  
'Because, aren’t you the same type yourself?' Indeed, she gets points from Sakayanagi every month, and as a result, she can buy such an expensive computer.

'But, it only means, that Sakayanagi Arisu, is really a wealthy girl.' Hachiman, thought about this, while taking out his phone and, he looked at the transfer information.
  
[Your personal account has received 100,000 personal points, and the current balance is 379,000 points.

Transfer party A54674]

There was also a note.
  
[Note: Come for lunch]

After all, with such an amount, Hachiman, naturally has to come here, “So, what's for lunch today?”

In fact, Horikita also made a bento today, only he felt a little guilty about last night, so reluctantly pushed it away.

Also, he didn't want to stay inside Class C, during the lunch break today, because, when he took a shower inside his room, and realised, what amazing thing, Kushida did on Horikita's bed, directly threw the water on it.

Result, if you look at the black-haired girl's sleepy but, a murderous look on her face, you'll realise, there's always a high chance of a bitch fight, inside the room, and Hachiman who was also the witness.

Oh no, to be exact, he was the main culprit behind this whole ordeal, and just maybe, those girls end up blaming him.

“.....” Kamuro-san. She stared at the empty plate on the table, and just for a moment, she wanted to throw it on this criminal's head, “I'm not prepared, that girl didn't explain...,”

'It seems that she is not happy inside...'
  
'Indeed, I was always working for Sakayanagi Arisu like a dog, but, then also received support from her, with an additional 100,000-200,000 points per month.'
  
The students of  Class A have good intelligence-gathering abilities.
  
It has been found out that when the seniors graduate, the school will recycle our points to cash in proportion.

At the same time, even if you are expelled from school, personal items that were purchased using points can also be taken out of the school.

In short, Points are not only just money in this school, but they can also be cashed out!
  
So, who could hate it?
 

That's also the reason, when Sakayanagi directly transferred the money to her, she also sent the 100,000 points to Hikigaya, with just a casual touch.

It was the price for inviting the other party....
  
Only, Kamuro-san felt unfair, because what, this boy has that, she doesn't?

100, 000 points, just like this. And, she didn't think, Hikigaya is such a big person, whose time has so much value, that it needs to be bought.

Naturally, she doesn't have a good opinion about her owner, Sakayanagi, and even felt a little jealous towards Hikigaya.

Only, when Kamuro-san, was busy doubting her life, Click click click.
  
There was the sound of a cane outside the door.

Indeed, the leader of Class A, Sakayanagi Arisu, has arrived.

'Really?' When Hachiman looked over, he immediately saw a girl with fair skin and a cute appearance.

She had very textured silver hair.

But, unfortunately, this girl has a delicate body and needed to hold a cane, for walking around.
  
Only, this doesn't make people feel troublesome. Instead, it makes Hachiman feel that she is pitiful and needs care. 'I have to say, even after meeting Sakayanagi so many times, this girl is really cute....'

And, because of the recent talks about the various love confessions on the school, Hachiman's also a little concerned about whether someone will also confess to Sakayanagi.

'However, there is probably no hope.'
  
Because, this person is the leader of the Sakayanagi Institute in Class A, and if maybe, there was such a brave individual, who wanted to get inside her panties, and bully her....'I only feel scared for that person.'

Probably, be dealt with by her dogs.

After all, what could be more important than maintaining the status of Class A, and having Sakayanagi enter the Student council and become the President to help their own class, right?

"Isn't this Hikigaya-kun?!" Sakayanagi's voice was soft and pleasant to the boy's ears, she even smiled at him.

Only, her words always seem to have a thorn in them.
  
Because, she didn't stop here, and looked at Hachiman, like he was just a piece of shit, “You obviously didn't come after being invited several times before, but today...” Sakayanagi took a step further towards this boy's direction, and the loud voice of her cane, seemed to have created a large impact on the atmosphere, “When I just transferred the mon-
  
"I just want to be a thrifty person," But, Hachiman realised that her mood was quite turned off, that's why he looked warily at Sakayanagi's cane,
“After all, my future is to become a househusband, and naturally I will have to think about the family's budget and save wha-”

"Really...." Sakayanagi didn't seem to be interested in this topic, cut him off,  making Hachiman feel, that she didn't seem to have much respect for his future, and even thinks he'd gone astray, “You like saving money very much.....Then, rather than doing that, wouldn't it be awesome to just work and make a small fortune? As long as you have enough, there would be no need to save, right?"

'Y-you...Her attack power is really strong today!' Hachiman's mind turned into a panic, because this genius, just figured out his ulterior motives!

Indeed, her advice is correct, and that's the main reason, why Hachiman has decided to agree with Chabashira-sensei's request, and start working hard for Class A.
  
And, now he felt that, if he didn't trick Sakayanagi into going to the student council and let her focus on class battles, then his Class C would be the first to be doomed.

That's why, even though, Hachiman's mind was in a turmoil, he still decided to be frank as much as possible, no need to make Sakayanagi feel curious,  and then sat down on the empty seat, and asked in his normal tone, “What's for lunch?"

“If there are no heavy requirements then, you don't need to pay for my share today....but, since we're here, I won't mind a little soup,” Hachiman said this, while placing the lunch box he brought with him on the table.

“.....” Sakayanagi was dumbfounded, with this kind of shameless behaviour, “You are really in a good mood!” she cheered lightly, while taking a peek at his bento, which was wrapped in a cloth, and depending on the style, it might have been a girl's choice.
  
'In other words, Kamuro-san's intel was really true!'
  
Indeed, she reported that Hikigaya-kun accepted the confession of his classmate, named, Horikita Suzune and started dating her.

During this period of time, Sakayanagi also made appointments with him, which was 4 times in total, but, the damn Hikigaya-kun never came, and refused her feeding.

'And, the reason is probably this....' Dinner with his girlfriend.

'To be precise, Hikigaya-kun was eating a bento made by his girlfriend.'

"My impression of you has changed." Sakayanagi, then sat down in her usual position, and opened that pouty mouth, "You are a person who goes back on your word!” this type of comment was passed.
  
"Why do you say that?" Hachiman, who was just about to open the lid, also looked over, after hearing this praise.

"Didn't you obviously talk about not believing in love and just think, that youth is green?" Sakayanagi, has now shoved the cane aside and put her little hands on those fleshy-white thighs.

"This..." Hachiman paused, because he realised that, even the leader of Class A, and a true genius, can also be a little mistaken, '“Horikita and I are not in a relationship. We just have the same desire to be promoted, that's why she's being employed as my assista-
  
“.....” Kamuro-san, “Then, are you trying to say, the students of Class C have misunderstood?” These words made her look over, because she also did something exactly like that, when Sakayanagi gave an order to invite Hikigaya.
  
Because, there are rumours of these H people eating together every day, and now, the girl even cooks, and makes lunch boxes for him, but in the end, Hikigaya-kun, is actually saying, that this is not a relationship.

'What level of scumbag this boy is?'

'Are you completely unable to experience a girl’s love?'

Only, Hachiman decided to explain further, he didn't want to deal with more silly questions, “Horikita's cooking skills are very good, there's also a restaurant at home.... And, since I also want to become a cook, I am learning from her. That's why, she makes two lunch boxes everyday, because it also helps her in return, and I'll just have to pay for the ingredients....” After saying the whole truth, which might have been twisted in some ways, Hachiman looked at the girl in question, to see if there was still any confusion left.

In other words, it’s just a simple meal together.
  
"It seems that, you are very concerned about saving things....." Sakayanagi nodded her head cutely in understanding, because what Hikigaya-kun just said, is definitely in order of his personality, “Thinking of every possible way to save points, meaning, you won't change that future about being a stay-at-home husband....." She just gave a small sigh, at the end.

'This boy is hopeless, I tried so many times to correct Hikigaya-kun's distorted way of thinking.....'

The reason why Hikigaya-kun didn't come was because the cooking of that girl, Horikita Suzune was cheaper.
  
This is also in line with his philosophy of wanting to save.

'However, if he's being treated to a meal, doesn’t it mean Hikigaya-kun doesn’t have to spend a penny?'

“.....” Kamuro-san, who noticed that Sakayanagi's smile has become much brighter than before.

“.....” Hachiman, who was also a witness. 'Is Sakayanagi happy knowing the fact..... I'm not dating a girl?'

'Or... does she think it's right, that I don't have much contact with beautiful girls?'
  
Well, Hachiman knew very well, that the quality of the girls, he met in this school was very high.....and, ordinary boys would never fall into the eyes of these super-pretty or super-cute girls.
  
Hachiman, who was very self-aware, just considers himself ordinary.

________

Author's Note

To Read 45+ Advanced Chapters, you can visit my Patreon.

Up to Chapter No.160 has already been posted there.

Link - patreon.com/CoteLover

(You can support me there!)

2