A Great Family
131 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-Billie POV-

It has been 9 days since he called me and we made up but it has been so long since we met that I was a little nervous at the airport, I watched as his flight landed, he came out walking and I immediately ran towards him and was about to jump onto his arms when he stepped aside and I fell, I turned around as he yelled at me "You are gonna break my legs you crazy woman" I turn around as I yell "I am not fat you ...." I stop my rant as I look at his wheelchair.

I ask him with a frown "Why did you and Uncle Ben change places?" He grins as he says "We didn't, I got hit by a truck" I look at his stilts In doubt as I raise my eyebrows and he continues "Or something like that" I continue looking at him as I get up before I hug him as hard as I can without leaning on him. He hugs me back as he mutters into my hair "I missed you" I grin happily as I tell him "I know, I did too" He chuckles before he says "I know you missed me cause without me you wouldn't be able to win any of those food competitions".

I smile as I tell him "Dang it, caught me" he just gives me a peck on the lips before we hear *cough*cough* from the left, we turn left and find his whole family watching us so I step back and stand there coquettishly. Uncle Ben looks at Peter as he says "Peter?" Peter comes to his senses as he introduces me "This is Billie, my girlfriend" I give them a little wave, and V waves back at me. He then introduced them to me "Billie, this is my family, Uncle Ben, Aunt May, and V" I could see that V was happy to have been included in the family, and I smiled at her in congratulations which she returned with a mouthed 'Thank you'.

I walk with them as we reach the car that V hired for their family "I will book a cab home" but Ben tells me "No, No there is Space in the car, come with us for lunch Billie" I was wondering if I should intrude or not when May told me "Yeah you should come by for lunch and Peter will drop you off" I looked at Peter and he nods. I followed them into the Limo which definitely had enough space for me and three more of me.

The car starts and we get stuck in New York traffic Ben smiles as he says "I missed New York Traffic" I smile at that as I say "Not the smell I hope" Uncle Ben grins as he says "Missed that too in a way" we watch as a shouting match starts and evolves into a fist fight in front of us and May says "And we missed the fighting too" with a smile as Ben gets out of the vehicle to stop the fighting.

I look at May and Peter and they seem to be fine with this so I ask them "Is it safe for him to go out there like that?" May smiles as she says "He used to work with the government before, he knows his way around fights" As soon as she finishes her sentence, I look up when the commotion rises as Ben holds both of them in a headlock somehow, one with his legs and the other with his arms.

He comes back in once they fall unconscious and he puts them back in their cars. He grins at the driver and yells "Are we there yet?" and the driver laughs nervously. We chat for the rest of the way and they find out about my home life and all before the car reaches the home. Ben gets out first before we get out too I watch as Ben tries to tip the driver for the long ride and the driver keeps on refusing as he sweats buckets. Once he finally leaves with a pocket of cash V tells him "Uncle Ben, he works for me for a salary, you didn't have to tip" but Ben just grins as he tells her "You pay him for work, I tipped him for his patience" V just shakes her head as we head inside.

It was a little stuffy inside the elevator with all of us but we made do with what we had and got out of the stuffy elevator to their small home, we got inside and I sat on the couch as Ben asked "So you wanna see Peters baby pictures?" I grin as Peter groans from his wheelchair, V rushes into a room down the left hallway before coming back with a giant book.

Peter yells out "Come on, you don't have to do this Uncle Ben" But Ben continues to grin as he takes the book and turns the pages to the middle, and starts to show me Peter pictures from a science fair "Look at that little nerd, he used to smile like a loon when he got a new book in his hand" I laughed along as he showed me more and more pictures while Peter looked miserable. After a few more pictures it showed a picture of Peter with a man who looked like him and a woman holding Peter up by his arms.

I asked Ben "Who are they?" But Ben seemed to be in a somber mood as he replied "They were Peters's parents, they worked at Oscorp, and they died in a plane crash" All I could say was "I'm sorry" as I left the situation behind with "I will help May with the food" I leave the awkwardness behind to help May "I'll help with the food may" May turns around at that and V says "I will too" May smiles and shakes her head before she says "Did you get to the picture of Pete's parents?".

I didn't know what to say, so I nodded as I started cutting the onions while V took the eggs. May starts kneading the dough as she says "They have been a sad topic for us for years now, Peter doesn't want to be happy about where we are right now because he thinks the only reason he is with us at this moment is that his parents died" I frown at that logic and put that away in the back of my mind to deal with later as May continues "While Ben thinks he should have gotten his work friends involved."

She wiped her eyes as she said "It was a sad day for all of us" I looked at V and she looked at me before walking to her and hugged her. She holds us Both as she sniffs twice before she says "That's all behind us now, let's cook them some good ramen to bring them out of their gloom" After that we made the best ramen we ever could and presented that to them with matching grins on our faces.

Peter gulped as he looked at me and V before very cautiously trying the ramen, his face brightened as he started to slurp more of the stuff and I coughed to get his attention. He looks up from his food and says "Surprisingly good if I have to say" My nerves pop out and he looks at me in fear as I ask him "What do you mean surprisingly good, did you expect it to be bad?" He gulps as he says "I didn't expect anything, I just didn't know ramen could taste so good hehehe" I nod and step away to get my own bowl of ramen.

Ben whispers "Good save son" and I turn around to find May glaring daggers at Ben as May asks him "What was that?" and Ben replies, "I said Good soup, son" but May corrects him "It isn't soup, it's ramen" but Ben was cleverer than that as he says "Oh really, thank you dear, I didn't notice" before getting back to eating.

I watched as the family ate and enjoyed each other's presence, the table filled with laughter made me tear up as I knew I could never have that with my surrogate parents, Peter called me "Billie come on sit here" as he gestured beside him, so I wipe my tears and enjoy my time with the wonderfully cute family.

12