The night’s changes and the intern’s challenges.
116 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-Ben POV-

When Peter called to inform me that he was going to stay at a hotel with Billie, I was quick to tell him to be responsible about this but he seemed tired as he replied "It isn't like that Uncle Ben" At that time I just grunted in affirmation but my heart was thumping as the Police sirens refused to stop throughout the night, the Gunshots going off, the screams which were heard throughout the city. I couldn't sleep but I couldn't stay awake either, so I went out on a walk after telling May about it, she just mumbled a yes in her sleep.

I walk through the streets and watch as the Police cars and Vans carry various criminals today wherever they are going. The entire thing felt like an overnight operation that wasn't supposed to happen, the cops were sweaty, they were confused, the people they arrested looked stunned and they didn't look to be known criminals but more like executives or corrupt executives more like who thought they would never be arrested.

My bet is on some kind of gigantic tip-off that they didn't think they would get. I knocked on the parked van's door and I waited as the noise that was coming from inside it stopped "I know you are in there, I just want to ask a couple of questions" They stayed silent for a while before the back door opens and a man in his early thirties exits the vehicle looking at me sheepishly, I look behind him and find another young guy probably in his early twenties.

The van setup is pretty standard for a monitoring vehicle, I recognized most of the stuff except for some of the newer things. The man asks me, bringing me out of my musing "What do you want sir?" I look at the man and smile as I ask him "I thought you'd leave after Fury's failure" he looks around at the surroundings, probably to make sure we are in line with at least one camera in case I do something to him, good instincts I'd say.

The man stutters as he tries to appease me "We were tasked to monitor you, for your own safety sir" I chuckle at that as I wonder out loud "How much backup do you have then?" The man looks behind at the younger man before he says "Only us two sir" I smile at that as I tell him "Thank you for the concern gentlemen, I just wanted to know why the cops are moving so much all of a sudden".

The man nods as he tells me "They were expecting a tip-off from a mole sir but unfortunately, he was kidnapped before they could get it" I nod at that as I light a cigarette while I offer him one "I don't smoke, sir" I smile as I tell him "Don't be shy, I have seen you smoke before" he looks at me with a stone face as he takes the cigarette with shaky hands.

He continues as I light his cigarette "Today all of a sudden they got the tip-off mysteriously" he takes in a deep puff before exhaling the smoke as he continues "..As you can see the tip-off was big enough to mobilize the entire police force, the tip-off was..." He takes another long drag for dramatic effect and I stop myself from asking him to be on with it as he continues"..It was called the point files and supposedly had the information on every single drug stash and drug front in this city" I make an O with my mouth as that explains everything that has happened tonight.

I ask him with a grin "Could this be the end of drugs in our city" He shrugs as he looks at the police van passing by "Can't say, there can be corrupt judges, there can be corrupt cops, there can be corrupt politicians" I nod along with him as I watch the cop cars pass by but I notice someone sitting in the back seat of one of the cars with handcuffs on him.

I point at the car as I ask the man "Isn't that the Mayor" The cigarette falls out of the man's open lips as the car passes us by, he turns to me and says "This might just give New York a clean slate, sir" I nod as I ask him "Didn't you say the tip-off only had info on drug dens and drug fronts, how did they get dirt on the mayor?" The man looks down in confusion before he turns to the kid in the van and yells "Jimmy try to get the info?" The kid nods and puts on a headset to search for how that bizarre event happened.

"Sir, it seems to be Spiderman, who delivered info on all the corrupt politicians. The evidence is not ethical but will hold up in court if spread on the internet" I smile as the man orders the kid "Make sure it spreads far and wide on the internet. We won't get a chance to purge the filth of this city again and again" the kid replies with "Already on it sir" I take a deep puff as I tell the man "God bless spiderman" the man mutters "God bless him".

-Coulson POV-

I wiped the sweat off my brow with the handkerchief as I looked at the desert, the sun was going to kill me before any terrorist, witch, or alien could. The only saving grace is that it rained a few minutes ago but I can't even enjoy the rain, not when I have to deal with an intruder in our temporary base. The man seemed to be someone who knew what that hammer might be, it felt like he had history with that thing. It's either that or he wanted to prove to his friends that he can lift it.

I enter the room and ask him all sorts of questions that he could answer to explain the situation he has been facing but all I get is silence in return. I ready myself to approve a thorough interrogation, I don't like approving them much but they are a necessity I can't ignore. As I was about to call up our interrogation specialist, I got a call about one Erik Selvig, a peculiar man that Shield has already worked with before.

"Pleasure meeting you again Mr. Selvig" Selvig nods resolvedly as he requests "The man that broke into your compound, he works with me.." A lie if I ever saw one "..He was heartbroken, you stole our research and he put a lot of effort into it" I nod as I am about to ask him how a researcher has toyed with half of my highly trained staff when my intern interrupts me as he gives me a phone while mouthing 'Nick fury on the line' I nod at him and put the phone to my ear and listen as Fury asks me "How did the point files even come into being?".

Straight to the point, I see "Well they were made so that the city is clean and ripe for the picking for whoever comes next to fill the power vacuum." Fury sighs as he tells me "Well it has somehow reached the police and they are not fucking around, the prison would be full by the time they are finished" My eyes widen at the news and I ask him in confusion "Isn't that a good thing, the city is being cleaned up" Fury sighs as he tells me "Yes but the senate will be furious if they find out that this wasn't our plan, they are going to be on my ass about why I couldn't do this until now." I nod along and look up to find Dr. Selvig still standing there so I smile at him as Fury continues.

"The senate needs to know the full extent of what happened?" I nod in agreement as I tell him "Yeah they should" and then it hits me as I tell him "I am not going to tell them" he immediately tries to explain his situation to make me sympathetic to his plight "I am right now on Banner's case, general Ross needs to learn who the top dogs are" I sigh as I tell him "I am not going to leave this case too, I have already left behind 3 cases in the last three months" Fury tries to negotiate "..The senate needs to know the details Coulson" I scratch my head as I hear the order in his tone.

Gone was the friend requesting help and in his place stood a soldier who I can't refuse "There is only one other person, who can explain the details to the senate" Fury asks after a pregnant pause "Who?" I look at my Intern trying to flirt with one of the girls who came with Selvig and I tell him "But there is a problem, He is an intern" Fury sighs before he says "Fine send him into the vipers Den"

4