Chapter 27: The Headmistress’s Daughter and Figures in the Dark
38 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Alright, is everyone's bag packed and in the storage space?" Klare asked the group.

"Yes, Mother Klare. I double-checked earlier," May replied.

"Great, then let's be on our way. Emily, would you please teleport us?" Klare requested.

"Very well. Everyone, please hold on to me," I responded.

After everyone grabbed onto me, I chanted my single-word spell, "Teleportation," and instantly we all stood in front of the Headmistress's office door.

"Knock, knock." I tapped on the door.

"Yes, come in," Headmistress Sue replied.

Upon receiving permission, Klare, the rest of the group, and I entered the office to find a pacing Sue, her face marked with worry and frustration.

"What's wrong, Headmistress?" I asked, concern evident in my voice.

"Oh, I'm sorry, my Queen, for you to see me like this. It's my daughter. I told her to be here 30 minutes ago. Though she's a strong Magi Knight, she can be quite scatterbrained and forget where she's going."

"Ha-ha, I do remember her being like that before, I guess she never really kicked that habit. Emily, why don't you and your brides go out and try to find her? It will be a good opportunity to see the city again since it will be a long time before we return," Klare laughed before giving out instructions.

"Very well, I'm happy to help, but what does she look like, Mother?" I asked.

"Her name is Lucy, and she is a couple of years older than you and your brides. She stands around 5 feet and 6 inches tall, with long red hair that she keeps in a ponytail and fiery red eyes. Oh, and she is probably wearing a set of white armor with the Witch Queen's crest on it," Klare answered.

"She will most certainly stand out. But what do you mean by the Witch Queen's crest? Do I have such a thing?" I asked, looking perplexed.

"You most certainly do; it is the academy's school crest. I can explain that later. Now, get going," Klare answered.

"We should split up to cover more ground," stated May.

"Wait, we are forgetting something very important!" Serena cried out.

"What would that be?" Sasha asked.

"Who gets to go with our Queen?" Serena asked with a very serious expression. Everyone, including me, facepalmed.

"Actually, could Aria and Windy come with me this time? I feel as though I haven't spent as much time with them as I should," I asked with a hint of nervousness.

"Of course, that is fine, my Dear. I will go with Freya, Ava and Ema can go with each other, and Sasha and Serena can go together," May answered.

"But I want to be with my Que..." As Serena started to argue, she stopped in her tracks mid-sentence when she noticed May's smile did not reach her eyes.

"Now that is all settled, let us head out. We will meet here in two hours," stated May.

Aria, Windy, and I soon left the Headmistress's office and started heading to the downtown part of the academy's city. We had a couple of hours to find Lucy, and we knew she was quite strong, so we decided to enjoy looking around the city while searching for her.

We saw the unique architecture of the city, and witches and wizards flying through the sky on their brooms, which made Windy happily smile and gleam, making Aria and me smile as well.

"Thank you for choosing me and Windy to accompany you, Dear," Aria said to me before linking her arms with mine and interlocking our fingers.

"Of course, my Dear Aria. I'm sorry we haven't really got to spend much time together since you came back. I know this is not a real date either. I promise we will go on one soon," I said while looking at Aria with love in my eyes.

"It's okay, Dear. Anytime I can spend with you and our daughter is the happiest time of my life," Aria answered, showing a bright smile that could melt even the coldest of hearts.

"Hehe, Mommy and Mama Aria look so happy," Windy happily giggled.

"That's because we are, sweetheart, and you are a big reason for that," I stated, rubbing Windy's head.

"Heh-heh, I love you, Mommy, Mama Aria," Windy cheered, hugging me.

"We love you two, sweety," Aria replied when, "Grumble."

"Are you feeling a little hungry, sweetheart?" I asked Windy.

"Mm-hm, I'm feeling hungry," Windy answered with a slightly embarrassed look.

"It is getting close to lunch, and we have not found Lucy yet. Shall we get you a snack from one of the stands near here? Hopefully, one of the other girls had better luck finding her."

As Aria, Windy, and I were heading to the hot dog stand, we overheard a commotion happening nearby and saw three men attacking a woman with fiery red eyes and long red hair, who turned out to be Lucy.

"How dare you try to steal from this man!" Lucy yelled out to the three attackers.

"What's it to you, sweet cheeks? Why don't you just back off for now, and we will give you a good 'pounding' later," stated Burglar A.

"These types of guys are despicable. Aria, will you please hold Windy?" I asked Aria before handing Windy over to her.

"Of course, Dear," Aria answered.

"Lucy, I will take care of the other two idiots if you will take care of the one spouting that nonsense!" I yelled out.

"This magic power... could it be? Very well, I will do as you say, but I have some questions for you after, if you don't mind," Lucy replied.

"Of course, now let's take out the trash," I exclaimed.

"What are you on about?" Burglar B questioned.

"Yeah, what is a little squirt like you going to do?" Burglar C shouted out.

"Did you just call me little?" I questioned, with a dark aura starting to form around me.

"Windy, sweetheart, please cover your ears while I cover your eyes. You are too young to hear and see this devastation," Mama Aria told Windy.

"What the hell? Her magic power just tripled. Why did you awaken this demon, you bastard!" Burglar B shouted at Burglar C before taking off in a full sprint in the opposite direction.

"Who said you could get away after putting innocent lives in danger? Are you really that stupid to turn your back to the enemy?" I fumed, before channeling my magical energy into my feet and stomping onto the ground, sending shockwaves to the burglars and sending them flying.

After taking care of my opponent, Lucy looked on with awe at me, as I had easily defeated two enemies without breaking a sweat. "She really is her; she is my long-lost Queen."

"Please, spare us?" Burglar B pleaded to me.

"Why should I? Did you spare any of your past victims?" I questioned.

"Tha... that's..." Burglar C stammered.

"What I thought. If my daughter wasn't here, you wouldn't see tomorrow. Consider yourselves lucky that you are just going to prison," I fumed as I spoke to the group of thieves.

Not long after, patrol knights arrived to pick up the burglars, and the hot dog vendor gave Aria, Windy, and me some hot dogs on the house as thanks. The meeting time soon came, and it was time for us to meet back with the rest of my brides at the academy.

After Emily and her group transported, two figures appeared from the shadows of an alley. The tall, lanky figure spoke to the other figure, who appeared to be a young girl, and said, "Do whatever it takes to rid this world of that pretender. All for the one true Queen."

1