Chapter 17: The Witch Queen’s Promise (Part 1)
50 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Master, how do you recall my punishments even without memories from your past life?" Freya inquired, soothing her ears and tail post-mofu-mofu session with May and I.

May responded with a smile, "It's not about remembering, Freya. Since you disliked Windy playing with your tail, it seemed a fitting punishment. But, I'll ensure Windy respects your wishes from now on."

Freya nodded appreciatively, "Thank you, Master. My tail is reserved for my Queen and Master. The princess may, however, engage with my ears."

"That's a helpful distinction, Freya. Ready to return home?" May asked.

"Yes, but let's visit Sister Maria's grave first," I suggested.

"Absolutely, for a final thank you," May concurred.

"Thank you. Let's go. And, I'd like to try something. Take my hand, May, Freya," I said.

"Okay," May replied.

"Yes, my Queen, but what are you attempting?" Freya queried.

"This: Teleportation!" I exclaimed.

Instantaneously, our surroundings shifted, bringing us to Sister Maria's burial site under a majestic tree.

"I did it! I successfully executed a quick-chant teleportation, with ample mana remaining," I celebrated.

"Incredible, dear. How did you manage?" May inquired.

"It's your influence, May. Unlocking Freya as your catalyst boosted my mana pool and enhanced my spellcrafting ability. Once your training with Freya begins, your elemental combination magic will surpass mine. I'm honing quick-cast spells for you, starting with this teleportation spell," I explained.

"Thank you for considering me," May said, embracing me gently.

"Pardon the interruption, but where are we?" Freya asked.

"At Sister Maria's grave," I explained.

Freya observed the surroundings. "It's serene," she remarked.

"Indeed," May agreed. "Sister Maria was remarkable. We owe her for saving Emily."

Approaching the gravestone, I knelt and placed flowers. "Thank you, Sister Maria. You are missed," I murmured.

May and Freya joined in a moment of respect.

Freya then noticed something peculiar. "Look at the flowers," she pointed out.

The flowers glowed with a gentle light, rising into the air, leaving a luminous trail before vanishing.

"What was that?" Freya wondered.

"I'm not certain," I admitted. "But Sister Maria might be involved."

May nodded, "She did have her ways of surprising us."

After a reflective pause, I suggested, "Time to head home, but let's first honor Sister Maria's memory."

Agreeing, we prepared to teleport back.

"Teleportation!" I chanted, and our surroundings shifted to our home, where Windy was playing.

"We're back," I declared.

"Mommy!" Windy exclaimed, embracing me.

"Good to be back, sweetheart," I replied.

Aria approached, "Welcome home. And this is?"

"This is Freya, my witch's catalyst," May introduced.

"Incredible, May. How did you unlock your catalyst?" Sasha inquired.

"We'll discuss it after Windy's bedtime," May blushed.

"What's she implying, Emily?" Aria and Sasha asked.

I hesitated, then replied, "It's apparent in May's radiant demeanors. But, let's discuss it later. It's not for young ears."

Sasha, slightly embarrassed, said, "Understood. Apologies for prying."

"No issue" May said before continuing, "Meet Freya, everyone. And Windy, remember to respect Freya's wishes about her tail."

"Understood, Mama May," Windy agreed.

"An honor to meet you again, Masters Sasha, Aria, Klare, and Princess," Freya greeted.

"Pleasure to meet you, Freya," Aria responded.

"Likewise," added Sasha.

"You're charming, Freya. Ever considered joining my daughter's brides?" my mother joked.

"Impossible for us catalysts, as we're manifestations of mana and magic. In past lives, our Queen and masters agreed to make us concubines," Freya clarified.

"Whaaaat?" the group exclaimed in shock.

2