Chapter 20: The Witch and The Twins (Part 1)
66 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Witch and The Twins (Part 1) 

 

As we arrived at the dungeon entrance, I could hear the sound of the dungeon's inhabitants echoing out. I took a deep breath and stepped inside, Sasha right beside me. The dungeon was dark and musty, the air thick with the scent of moss and mildew. The scurrying of small creatures and the fluttering of bat wings filled the air. Gripping our weapons tightly, we began our descent down the winding staircase. 

As we made our way through the dungeon, we encountered various beasts, from giant spiders to swarms of bats. With our skills and experience as witches, we fought them off with ease, moving forward with cautious determination. 

While navigating through the dungeon, Sasha turned to me and asked if we could talk about something. I could hear a hint of vulnerability in her voice, and my heart ached knowing that she had been feeling left out lately. 

"Of course, what is it?" I replied, turning to face her, concern etched on my face. 

"I've been feeling left out lately," Sasha admitted. "It seems like we are always busy with missions and training, and we never have any time to spend together." 

Her words struck a chord within me, and I realized the impact our packed schedule had on our relationship. I reached out and took her hand, feeling a rush of affection and regret. 

"I'm sorry, Sasha. I didn't realize you felt that way," I said, my voice filled with sincerity. "I promise we'll spend more time together from now on. You're one of my brides, and I value our relationship. How about we go on a date, just you and me, after this mission?" 

A genuine smile spread across Sasha's face, and I felt a sense of relief wash over me. "Thank you, Emily. I would love that," she said, her voice filled with warmth and appreciation. 

With renewed determination to make it up to Sasha, we continued our descent through the dungeon. As we reached the 8th floor, we noticed signs of recent activity—a trail of broken branches and disturbed leaves on the ground. It seemed like someone had passed through here recently, possibly the missing twins. 

"This looks like someone passed through here recently," I observed, examining the ground. 

Sasha nodded in agreement. "It could be the twins. Let's keep going and see if we can find anything else." 

We pressed forward, following the trail of evidence. Eventually, we discovered a torn piece of fabric caught on a tree branch. I recognized it as part of the standard academy uniform worn by the missing twins. 

"This is definitely from the missing twins' uniform," I said, holding up the fabric for Sasha to see. 

"We're getting closer," Sasha stated with unwavering determination. 

Driven by the newfound hope, we continued deeper into the dungeon, uncovering more traces of the twins' presence. Finally, on the 10th floor, we came across a room with a broken-down door. I pushed the door open, and there they were—the missing twins, Ava and Ema—huddled in a corner. 

"Thank goodness you found us," Ava said, tears welling up in her eyes. 

"We were so scared," Ema added, her voice trembling with relief. 

"Don't worry, everything will be okay now," I assured them, my voice filled with reassurance. 

Ava and Ema let out sighs of relief as they saw us approaching. Gratitude and relief radiated from their expressions. Sasha and I carefully approached them, ready to lend our support. 

"What happened? How come you couldn't make your way back out?" Sasha asked, concern evident in her voice. 

"When we tried to leave, a monster appeared, and Ava hurt her ankle. She can't walk on it, and I've been able to hold off the monsters, but I'm almost out of mana too," Ema explained, her voice tinged with exhaustion. 

"I can help with that. Can I see the injured ankle?" I offered, stepping forward. Ava lifted her injured ankle, and I gently examined it. 

"Divine Healing," I chanted softly, and a radiant light enveloped Ava's ankle, healing it completely. 

Awe and appreciation filled Ava's eyes. "It's amazing. You're the witch from my visions and my sister's dreams. I can tell from your magic," she said, her voice tinged with awe. 

Curiosity piqued, I inquired further. "What do you mean by visions and dreams?" 

Ava's voice was filled with intrigue as she explained, "My sister has been having visions of a previous life where she knew a woman known as the Witch Queen, and she believes that she was one of her brides during that lifetime and that the Witch Queen has been reborn. I have been having the same dreams from my perspective, so we decided to look into this dungeon, which is said to be a relic from when the Witch Queen was originally around, to find more information." 

Sasha couldn't contain her excitement. "I can't believe it. Could we have found two of the last four brides, Darling?" she asked, looking at me with hopeful eyes. 

"It's possible," I replied, my voice filled with a mixture of wonder and uncertainty. "Ava, Ema, there is something I want to tell you, but it might be best if we leave the dungeon first. Will you two come with me to my dorm to meet my daughter and the other brides? I have a lot to explain." 

Ava's eyes shimmered with anticipation. "Of course. You are my destined one. I will go anywhere with you," she said, smiling at me. 

I couldn't help but feel a mix of emotions—excitement, curiosity, and a hint of trepidation. "It's sweet that you feel that way, but I should tell you, I don't have much memory from my previous incarnations. Hence why I would like you two to visit my home, so we can talk to one of my brides' catalysts," I said, a note of hesitancy in my voice. 

Ema expressed her concerns about their current situation and their lack of mana. I reassured her, "I believe I have enough mana for a spell to get us to the headmistress's office. I have recently mastered mana control and quick chanting for it." 

Sasha, ever vigilant, voiced her worry. "Please be careful, my Darling. Teleportation can be risky." 

"I will. Don't worry, my Darling Sasha," I replied, squeezing her hand reassuringly. "Teleportation!" 

As I chanted the spell, our hands tightly intertwined, a surge of energy coursed through me. In an instant, we found ourselves standing in front of the Headmistress's office at the academy. 

Ema's voice trembled with awe as she realized the truth. "It really is you. I have waited so long to see you. My Witch Queen!" She threw her arms around me, embracing me tightly. 

 

2