Chapter 23: The False Queen and The Evil in the Dungeon (Part 1)
45 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dear, what's wrong?" May asked in panic as she rushed over to me. 

"Waaa! Mommy! I see a mean-looking Witch!" Windy screamed. 

Aria quickly intervened, holding Windy and trying to calm her. "Sweetheart, Mama Aria is here. You're safe." 

Meanwhile, Sasha ran over to me to assist May in holding me down. Ema, noticing the commotion, asked Freya what was happening. 

"A memory of the evil witch, the False Queen, must have been unlocked, and because Windy is our Queen's catalyst, she sees the memories as well," Freya explained. "As our Queen's brides and catalysts, we have the power to calm her during moments such as these when her magic is out of control. May, may I have permission to calm our Queen?" 

"Of course, just do what you have to do to help Emily and our daughter," May said in a hurry. 

"I will do so now. May, please focus all of your love for Emily into me," Freya instructed. 

May complied, and not long after, Freya emitted a faint pink glow as she walked over to me. Before giving me a long kiss, she spoke reassuringly, "Please feel better from this. We don't want to see you or Windy in pain. We love you more than you know, and we will always be here beside you. Don't cave into the False Queen's illusions." 

With that, the dark magic ceased to exist, and both Windy and I soon calmed down. May and Sasha helped me to my feet, and Windy cried as she ran into my arms. 

"Come here, sweetheart. It'll be okay. Mommy is sorry for scaring you," I apologized, holding Windy close. 

"I'm sorry to ask so soon, but what did you see, my Darling Queen?" Ava asked. 

My expression became serious as I recalled the memory. "I saw the False Queen standing over us, my brides, and my mother as the academy town burned to the ground. I fear she may come after us again," I explained. 

Freya spoke up, "I may have an idea on how to protect you and Windy from the False Queen's power, but it requires a lot of mana. And in order to do that, we need to unlock Sasha's and Aria's catalyst and find a specific item inside the dungeon where Sasha and I saved Ava and Ema." 

Sasha nodded in agreement. "We are supposed to be meeting the headmistress tomorrow to get permission to tackle the dungeon and find those responsible for the attacks," she said. 

Freya turned to May and said, "We'll also need to train you, May, so you can become better at combination magic for what's to come." 

May nodded and replied, "I will do whatever it takes to protect my family." 

Aria spoke up, "I'm worried about Emily and Windy. I will continue to train my light magic and speak to the God of Magic." 

As the night progressed, we all headed off to bed, with Windy sleeping in my room because she was afraid of the witch. As we settled in for the night, I sat up from my bed and looked down at Windy, vowing to protect my family. 

"No matter who it is, I promise I will protect you from harm. I love you all more than anything," I whispered, a sense of determination filling my heart. 

The Next Day 

Sasha and I left for our meeting with the Headmistress, eager to find answers and secure permission to investigate the recent dungeon attacks. Utilizing my teleportation magic, we arrived at the Headmistress's office in no time. I knocked on the door, and the Headmistress invited us inside. 

"Come in." 

To our surprise, my mother, Klare, was already in the office. "Mother, what are you doing here?" I asked. 

"I came to answer some of the Headmistress's questions. I heard that you saved those missing students as well." 

"Yes, we did," I answered before explaining everything that had happened the previous night to my mother and the Headmistress. 

The Headmistress listened intently as I and Klare spoke about the False Queen. "This is troubling news indeed," she said. "We must remain vigilant and take every precaution to protect ourselves and the academy. But now onto the matter at hand, Emily and Sasha, I have a new task for you." 

Sasha and I exchanged glances, wondering what the Headmistress had in store for us this time. "I need you two to investigate the recent attacks on the students in the dungeon," the Headmistress continued. "We suspect that there may be more to this than meets the eye, and I want to ensure the safety of all our students." 

Sasha nodded in agreement. "We will do our best to get to the bottom of this," she said. 

"But be careful," Klare added. "If the False Queen is involved, it could be even more dangerous than we realize." 

"We will," I replied with determination in my voice. "And we won't rest until we get to the bottom of this and put an end to these attacks once and for all." 

With that, the group parted ways, with Sasha and I heading off to the dungeon to search for the item while also investigating the attacks on the students. 

"It seems we have arrived, once again, my love. Please stay behind me this time. I'm getting a different feeling from the dungeon than the last time we were here," Sasha said, her senses on high alert.

"I will do as you say, but you be careful as well, my darling Sasha. Maybe I should have brought Windy with us to gain combat experience with her. She has been asking me to after all, but since what happened with Sister Maria, I'm scared. I don't want her to have to witness the death of a loved one again," I expressed, tears starting to form in my eyes. "I shouldn't be crying right now; we have a mission to accomplish and an item to find, otherwise, we will lose more people we love to the false queen."

Sasha reached out and wiped away my tears with a gentle touch. "Don't worry, my love. Windy will have her time to shine when the moment is right. Right now, we need to focus on the task at hand and make sure we both come out of this dungeon unscathed."

I nodded, grateful for Sasha's comforting words. Together, we cautiously made our way through the dark and eerie dungeon, encountering traps and challenges that tested our skills and courage. As we went deeper into the dungeon, my mind couldn't help but drift back to the academy where my other brides and family were trying to figure out how to unlock Sasha and Aria's catalysts and gather more information on the False Queen.

May's Point of View:

May and the other brides gathered around a large table, studying documents about the False Queen and the Witch Queen.

I looked up from the papers, a frown on my face. "We have to figure out a way to unlock Sasha, Aria's, and the rest of your catalysts. We can't just rely on Emily to protect us from the False Queen's power."

Ava nodded in agreement. "But how do we do that? Emily said it requires an emotional and physical connection between her and her bride."

Ema chimed in. "Maybe we should try what May and Emily did. Remember when they had their 'first time' after their heart-to-heart conversation? Maybe that's the key."

Freya, Emily's concubine and my catalyst, raised an eyebrow. "Are you suggesting you all sleep with Emily?"

I blushed. "No, of course not! But we need to find a way for the other brides to connect with her emotionally and physically. Maybe there's a way we can do that without them sleeping with her."

Klare, Emily's mother, spoke up. "We should also consider the history of the False Queen and the Witch Queen. There may be clues in their past that can help us understand their power and how to combat it."

Sue, the Headmistress, nodded. "I'll have the library bring us all the information they have on the subject. In the meantime, we need to continue practicing our magic and honing our skills. We can't rely solely on Emily to protect us."

Back to Emily's Point of View:

Sasha and I encountered another trap in the dungeon. Sasha's quick reflexes saved us both from being impaled by spikes that shot up from the ground.

"Thank you, my darling Sasha. You truly are my hero," I said, giving Sasha a grateful smile.

Sasha grinned back. "Anything for you, my love. We'll get through this together."

As we continued our way through the dungeon, we eventually found the item we were searching for - a small, golden amulet with intricate designs etched into its surface. My heart skipped a beat as I recognized it as the amulet that once belonged to the Witch Queen.

"Sasha, look. This is it!" I exclaimed, holding up the amulet for Sasha to see.

Sasha's eyes widened in amazement. "That's incredible, Emily. We found it."

"Yes, we found the item we were looking for, but we haven't found any signs of the missing students or the monster Ava and Ema spoke of," I stated in puzzlement.

"I know, my love. Let's continue our search a little longer. Maybe we will find something soon," Sasha suggested to me.

As we continued our search, we suddenly heard a voice whispering in the darkness. I recognized it as the False Queen's voice, but I knew it was only an illusion. I turned to Sasha and whispered, "Stay alert, Sasha. The False Queen is trying to confuse us with her tricks."

Just as we prepared to face the False Queen's illusion, we were attacked by a group of demonic creatures. Sasha quickly unsheathed her magic sword, ready to defend herself and me against the horde of demons. As she swung her sword, it emitted a bright light that repelled the demons, causing them to retreat temporarily.

"Stay behind me, Emily. I won't let them harm you," Sasha said, her eyes focused on the demon horde.

I nodded, my heart racing as I watched Sasha fight with such grace and strength. Suddenly, I remembered the amulet we had found earlier. "Wait, Sasha, I think I have an idea!" I exclaimed.

Sasha turned to me, ready to hear my plan. I explained my idea of using the amulet to create a powerful barrier that could protect us from the demons.

"Great idea, my love," Sasha said, smiling at me. "Let's try it."

Together, we focused our magic on the amulet, channeling our energy into creating a barrier of light. As the demons approached, the barrier shimmered and grew stronger, pushing them back and protecting us.

But the false queen was not so easily deterred. She appeared before us, a twisted grin on her face. "You think you can stop me?" she sneered.

Sasha and I stood our ground, ready to fight. As we attacked the false queen, she disappeared, leaving us wondering if we had defeated her or if it was just another illusion.

As we caught our breath, we heard a faint voice calling for help. We followed the sound and found the missing students, trapped in a room, their bodies twisted and contorted into grotesque shapes.

"We have to save them," I said, tears welling up in my eyes.

Sasha nodded, ready to help. "We'll do whatever it takes, my love."

But as we approached the students, we realized that the demons were not the only thing we had to fight. The students themselves had become possessed, their eyes glowing with an otherworldly light as they attacked us.

1