Chapter 24: The False Queen and The Evil in the Dungeon (Part 2)
42 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sasha and I stood our ground, ready to fight. As we attacked the false queen, she disappeared, leaving us wondering if we had defeated her or if it was just another illusion. My heart pounded in my chest, and I struggled to catch my breath.

Catching a brief moment of respite, we heard a faint voice calling for help. Following the sound, we discovered the missing students, trapped in a room, their bodies twisted and contorted into grotesque shapes. Horror washed over me as tears welled up in my eyes.

"We have to save them," I said, my voice trembling with determination and fear.

Sasha nodded, her eyes reflecting the same determination. "We'll do whatever it takes, my love," she assured me, her grip tightening around my hand.

But as we approached the students, we realized that the demons were not the only adversaries we had to face. The students themselves had become possessed, their eyes glowing with an otherworldly light as they attacked us. The battle was far from over, and we had to find a way to free them without causing harm.

"Watch out!" Sasha's urgent voice snapped me back to the present, pulling me out of my thoughts. She swiftly pulled me behind her, shielding me from an incoming attack by one of the possessed students.

"Thank you, my darling," I said, gratitude filling my voice. My mind raced, desperately searching for a solution that would save the students without causing them further harm. I couldn't bear to see them like this, controlled by dark forces.

"The amulet," I murmured, realization dawning on me. "We can use it to create another barrier, at least temporarily."

Sasha nodded, her focus unwavering as she continued to defend us from the relentless attacks. "Yes," she agreed, "Let's buy ourselves some time to figure out our next move."

Together, we summoned our magic, pouring our energy into the amulet. As our powers intertwined, a radiant barrier formed around us, shielding us from the possessed students' assaults. The barrier flickered with the intensity of our combined magic, creating a temporary reprieve.

Taking a moment to catch our breath behind the barrier, I tried to sense any other magical presence in the room. The air felt heavy with mana, and I could sense the witch's power lingering, taunting us with her presence.

"You can run, little witch, but you can't hide. I am always watching," the witch's voice echoed in my mind, filling me with anger and frustration. I knew we had to find a way to break her hold on these students and stop her once and for all.

"Sasha, I think I have an idea," I said, turning to my brave and supportive bride.

"What is it, my love?" Sasha asked, her eyes scanning the room for any sign of danger.

"We need to combine our powers, create a shield of pure mana that can break through the witch's control," I explained, my mind racing with possibilities. "It won't be easy, but I believe we can do it."

A flicker of determination crossed Sasha's face, and she took my hand in hers. "Tell me what to do, and I'll do it," she said firmly.

Gratitude swelled within me as I realized how lucky I was to have Sasha by my side. With renewed determination, I closed my eyes, focusing my magic and channeling it through our joined hands. The mana in the room responded, vibrating with energy, as we formed a powerful shield.

"Focus, my love," Sasha's calm voice encouraged me. "We can do this."

With every ounce of energy I had left, I poured my magic into the shield, feeling Sasha's power intertwine with mine. The shield glowed brilliantly, surrounding us and the possessed students, pushing back the witch's influence.

A piercing scream filled the air, causing the shield to shatter. My eyes snapped open, and I gasped for breath. The possessed students lay on the ground, their eyes no longer glowing with otherworldly light.

"We did it," Sasha said, her voice filled with relief.

I nodded, feeling drained but triumphant. "But the witch is still out there. We can't let our guard down. We have to keep training, keep preparing for the ultimate confrontation with her."

Sasha squeezed my hand, her touch grounding and comforting. "We will, my love. Together, we will face whatever comes our way."

Realizing that the students were no longer under the witch's control, we cautiously approached them. They seemed disoriented and confused, but otherwise unharmed.

"Are you okay?" I asked, concern lacing my voice.

The students nodded, still dazed from their ordeal. "What happened to us?" one of them asked.

"You were possessed by demons," Sasha explained. "But Emily and I were able to save you."

Gratitude shone in their eyes as they looked at me. "Thank you," they said in unison.

A warm smile spread across my face, a mixture of relief and joy filling my heart. "You're welcome," I replied. "Now, let's get out of here."

Sasha raised a valid question about how to transport everyone back to the academy. Blushing at the thought, I suggested using the power of the contract we had forged as brides. I needed to borrow some of Sasha's mana through the contract for a mass teleportation spell. Sasha agreed, and I cast a barrier, ensuring our privacy.

Performing the contract once again, we exchanged energy and life force, strengthening our connection as brides. With Sasha's mana flowing through me, I felt empowered, ready to perform the teleportation spell.

With a wave of my hand, I cast the spell, teleporting us, along with the students, out of the dungeon and back to the safety of our school. As we arrived, the students looked around, disoriented but relieved to be back.

Sasha and I guided them to the infirmary, where they could receive the necessary care and attention. As they were attended to, Sasha and I sat together, relief washing over us as we embraced the fact that the immediate danger was over.

"We did it," I said, a wide smile gracing my lips as I looked at Sasha.

Sasha smiled back, her eyes filled with love and admiration. She took my hand in hers, and I could feel the warmth of her touch. "Together," she said, her voice filled with conviction. "We can overcome anything."

I squeezed Sasha's hand, feeling an overwhelming sense of gratitude for her unwavering support. "I love you," I whispered, my heart overflowing with affection.

"I love you too," Sasha replied, leaning in to kiss me softly.

1