Chapter 34
96 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Time slowly ticked away as Ginryu settled into life in the Owari province. 

It had been seven years since he arrived, bringing with him the twins. The year was currently 1548. 

The Owari province was made up of eleven different districts, each controlled by either the powerful Oda clan and various smaller samurai clans. 

At the head of the Oda clan was Oda Nobuhide, the current ruler. 

Usually, Ginryu wouldn't involve himself in the politics of the Owari province, but in 1542, a piece of news piqued his interest. 

Oda Nobuhide had a child, an eight-year-old daughter named Oda Nobuna. 

The name caught Ginryu's attention, as it was similar to that of a historical figure he was familiar with - Oda Nobunaga. 

Of course, his knowledge of Japanese history was mostly based on anime about the warring era, so it wasn't entirely accurate. 

One anime in particular, Nobuna no Yabou, depicted many of the historical figures as females instead of males. 

This confused Ginryu, as he had already concluded that he was living in a world similar to that of the Demon Slayer series. 

And yet, here was a possible mix with another world. 

To confirm his suspicions, Ginryu decided to get closer to the Oda clan through his trading associates. 

He was the shadow leader of a large trading company that operated throughout Japan. 

Using the Ubuyashiki clan and several other influential clans as cover, Ginryu concealed his identity as the leader of the Kemono merchant group. 

“Gin, Gin, look" As he was lounging in his chair thinking, Hikaru called out to him, holding a bug in his hand. 

But before he could reach Ginryu, he slipped and fell, crying out in pain as he grazed his leg. 

Hikari, his twin sister, rushed over, tears threatening to fall as she checked on her brother. 

Ginryu let out a sigh and got up, gently tending to Hikaru's wound. 

The cubs they had been playing with circled around them, yelping in concern. 

These were  the twins which he named Hikaru and Hikari seven years ago. 

Hikaru being the older of the twins and Male, while Hikari being the younger one and female.

They were now both seven years old, and although he was not their father, they were the closest thing to a family he had. 

He had made it clear to them that he was not their father, and that their mother had passed away, so they called him Gin. 

He had even shown them a portrait of their father, which he had requested from a shinobi organization. 

It may have seemed cruel, but he didn't want the children to be confused when they eventually returned to their father's side. 

As he finished cleaning and bandaging Hikaru's wound, Ginryu's thoughts drifted to Yoriichi, the twins' father. 

The breathing styles had been created and spread, now he waited for news of Yoriichi's encounter with Muzan. 

He had grown somewhat attached to the children over the years, as he had been raising them himself. 

But whenever he thought about the circumstances surrounding their birth, he crushed those emotions. 

With Hikaru's wound taken care of, the three of them continued their day, with Ginryu keeping a careful watch on his young wards.

“Only three more years until Nobuna's ambition begins," Ginryu muttered to himself while seated. 

He had been monitoring everything within the Owari province, and things were beginning to be set in motion. 

Oda Nobuna was currently 13 years old and would begin moving when she turns 16 years old. 

‘It would be best to start planning the revival of the Tsugikuni clan with the twins at the center’ Ginryu thought. 

He was aware that the clan would soon fall or might have already fallen. 

"Well, it all depends on what Yoriichi decides after reuniting with his children," Ginryu muttered before closing his eyes to bask in the sunlight.

……………………………………………………………………………..

Six months later, word came by crow about an emergency meeting at the Demon Slayer Corps headquarters. 

Ginryu, who had been off the grid, decided to attend as it contained news he had been waiting for, and one he wasn't expecting at all. 

Normally, his absence for so long from the Demon Slayer Corps would have been called into question as he had gone against the initial agreement he made with the Ubuyashiki clan, but due to Yoriichi joining the Demon Slayer Corps 7 years ago, there simply wasn't much for him to do, so his absence wasn't that impactful. 

Yoriichi had an innate talent for the sword, almost as if he was made to slay demons. 

The duties that Ginryu would naturally perform were easily handled by Yoriichi. 

To make things even better, Yoriichi had created the breathing styles and shared it with the Demon Slayer Corps, boosting the average power level of the organization. 

With this newfound power, demons were easier to hunt and demon slayers survived fights more often. 

Ginryu also didn't mind this as barely any demon he consumed provided his current self with any increase in stats; physical training also barely did anything, so the only things that could increase his current self stats was consuming Muzan or the 12 Kizuki, mostly the upper moons which Muzan had yet to create. 

The main reason he had decided to attend was because the message included news of Yoriichi's encounter with Muzan, which happened 2 months ago. 

Additionally, word came that Michikatsu had betrayed the Demon Slayer Corps by slaying the current head of the Ubuyashiki clan. 

"I didn't even know that he joined," Ginryu murmured in disbelief. 

Additionally, there were also some complaints from some clans who were part of the demon slayer corps and also his trade associates. 

These people were just getting a bit greedy seeing that the current head was dead and the new one was quite young. 

Ginryu hadn’t been paying as much attention to his business like he used to in the past. 

As long as a certain quota was always met and paid to him in gold, he didn't mind the corruption. 

He had long since concluded that in front of money and power, humans would still find ways to cheat him, even while knowing who he was and what he could do. 

As long as he couldn't monitor the actions of everyone, corruption was bound to happen when money was involved. 

As long as he remained the leader and they actually listened to his demands, he could let a bit of money missing here and there slide.

11