c74
654 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

About three months later...

 I had come to the capital to participate in a martial arts tournament sponsored by His Majesty the King. The winner of the tournament would receive a prize from the organizers.

 In the original game, the winner of the martial arts tournament was Abel the Hero.

 As a reward, Abel received a sword from Prince Leon, which has been handed down in the royal family, and from there he set out to become a true hero.

 That was the prologue of the game.

 But in this universe, the story will have a completely different ending.

 

"Why are there statues of me all over the place, ......?"

 I fell flat on my face.

 I had heard rumors, but when I set foot in the royal city, I found myself in a strange situation.

 Bards were strumming their instruments and singing tales of my heroism, and statues were erected everywhere in my honor.

Brother Cain-sama is the [true hero] who prevented the resurrection of the Demon King and made peace with the Atlas Empire . I think it's only natural."

 Selvia, on the contrary, was bursting with pride.

 We were dressed like adventurers to hide our identities.

 His Majesty the King wanted to host a party for me, but I refused, saying it was before the games.

 If I had time to stay at the palace and greet the nobles, I wanted to spend my time training with my sword and unifying my spirit.

 

 So I decided to stay with Selvia at an inn used by adventurers.

Even so, it's a huge crowd. ......

"The crowd was so large that many people from the Atlas Empire wanted to see the showdown between Brother Cain and Abel the Hero. As a special guest, His Majesty Emperor Sigurd is also expected to be there."

""Heh~. This martial arts tournament is very unusual because there are no other contestants other than me and Abel the hero."

 

        They said it was very difficult to enter a summit battle with such inflated combat power.

 So the first match of the first round was the final.

"Cain-sama, go for it! Please crush that hero Abel!"

 Waving flags with the Marquis Schwartz family crest on them and cheering me on were the former members of Abel the Hero's harem.

"'We, too, will support Master Cain with all our might!"

'Defeat the heroes and bring us true peace!"

 Many other people, regardless of their status, were wishing me victory.

 In the original story, it was the villainous noble Cain who was hated by the people and wanted to be beaten, so I was very moved by this.

"If Brother Cain wins, the people will be freed from the fear of a hero and there will be true peace, yes?"

'Ah, there is that, but ...... it's all for the sake of the complete victory I envisioned. That's what I've been training for the past four months."

 I will break all my worries and reach a future where Selvia and I can live happily ever after - a true ending.

 This has been my dream since my previous life, as I have played this game over and over again. I was one step closer to realizing it.

"Brother Cain, what do you mean by total victory? Isn't it just beating Abel the Hero?"

"I didn't explain it properly, but it is ......."

 At that moment, I heard a well-passed foolish laugh.

'Ahahahahaha! At last, at long last, this day has come! I will be a hero again! The day I will become the true ruler of this country again!"

 Abel, the hero, was walking down the main street, his shoulders heaving with anger.

 His clothes are in rags, and it seems that he has been hiding deep in the mountains, far away from people, for a long time.

"It's a hero! Abel the hero is here!"

 At that single word, screams and angry voices rose from all corners of the city.

 Hero is now synonymous with villain.

"Ha! The assholes in the kingdom who had tortured me, the greatest man in the world, so much! When I'm released from my oath, I'll kill all the men for hero treason and turn all the women into harem slaves"

"What? Don't act like you're so proud of yourself because you couldn't beat Cain-sama even once!"

"Yes, I would have killed you with my own hands if it weren't for Master Cain's will!"

 The people glared at Abel the hero and cursed him verbally.

 However, not a single person tried to attack Abel the Hero.

 This was because I had asked His Majesty the King to issue a warning three days before the start of the tournament that such a thing must never be done.

 If I didn't fight fair and square and break the hero Abel's heart, it wouldn't be a complete victory for me.

"...... huh. I don't think he's sorry at all."

 Selvia sighs at Abel, the hero who has grown resentful.

"[Unbreakable arrogance], I suppose, is the way of life of Abel the hero. I will crush that arrogance with my strength.

Yes, Brother Cain. Please have good luck ......."

 Selvia's eyes looked somewhat worried.

"I'll be all right. You heard from Celine, right?"

"Yes."

 I patted Selvia on the head to reassure her.

 He is a hero even if he is rotten, a monster who is not only the strongest but also immortal. Selvia's concern is understandable.

 However, it is a gamer who finds a way to win against any formidable foe, no matter how impossible.

"Hahahahahahaha! Let me tell you a good thing! The adventurer I hired for money has kidnapped and imprisoned a noblewoman. If you want to spare this girl's life, make me a no-battle winner! Without a fight, my victory is decided!"

"Brother Cain! Oh, he's talking like that!"

 Everyone was taken aback by Abel the hero's threat.

"He is a coward! Is that what a hero does?!"

"Of course it is! Justice will prevail. He who wins is righteous! In other words, I am righteous!"

 Abel the Hero exclaimed with pride.

 I see, it seems that I've been picking holes in the pledge that "Abel the hero shall never harm another person in any way in the future.

 Certainly, if he did not directly harm others, he would not be caught in the oath.

 It does not prohibit the intent to harm others.

 Well, that's why I chose a martial arts tournament as the place to duel.

"Hey, Abel the hero! Didn't you read the tournament rules?"

 

 I walked out in front of Abel the hero.

"What? You're Cain Schwartz!?"

"Ah, it's the hero Cain-sama!"

 Everyone saw me and exploded into cheers.

 I didn't want to stand out too much, but at this point, I had no choice.

"If you threaten your opponent, you lose the match. In other words, you will die. If you don't want to die, release the hostages now!"

15